Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Caliper paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Caliper paint

Hey all, another question here.
Im wanting to paint my calipers on friday hopfully, and I just wanna know if its okay to just use any high temp paint or is there some reason why I need to get caliper paint??

Also, for anyone with photoshop, do you think you could maybe do me a favor and give me some pictures of different colors for all four calipers. In the pic I was hoping (if somone actually does this for me) that you could get a full car view and possibly white monte with black rims, if at all possibly (try to throw one with white calipers in there). Thanks to whoever answers and a special thanks to anyone if they do the great deed of photoshoping for me.

But I really need to know if its okay to use any high temp paint instead of caliper paint. Does anyone even make brush on high temp paint?>>
Thanks All.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

use the g2 epoxy kit, i think some silver ones would look sweet on your car

Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Get the G2 kit - hands down the best caliper paint out there.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member

where i got mine..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-G...ht_1587wt_1165

super slow shipping tho, they ship it to local fedex then to usps, then to your house...took a week from IL to WI..

heres a pic

Old 05-23-2010, 08:24 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I think that's where I bought mine, but I got mine through Amazon. I found out they are local - if I knew that I could have picked it up myself LOL. Mine came pretty fast.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member

Wow, that red looks great! How hard was it to do?? Other than the wire brushing, is there any other prepwork you need to do??

Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Wow, that red looks great! How hard was it to do?? Other than the wire brushing, is there any other prepwork you need to do??
thanks, i use a little grind wheel on the end of my drill and then used the spray that it came with, i would just say take your time with the grinder so it all sticks.

it was really easy to do, just took time because i only had 2 jack stands so i couldnt jack the whole thing up at once, but the epoxy lasts longer than you would think, mine was usable for about 5 hours and took me about 3, because you have to wait for it to dry.

also, i would put as many layers on as possible, because i didnt even use half of the can, if it didnt dry up id send it to ya, but i threw it out hah

Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM

I used a red G2 kit, I had a new set of calipers, so I laid them out on the kitchen table and hand painted them all. The kit goes a really long way, I think each caliper got about 4-5 coats of it. the paint looks really good and seems far more durable than any rattle can paint.

Prep good with the included cleaner and a wire brush and you should be fine.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member

Alright thanks. And I didnt mean I was gonna do mine red, I meant YOU did a really good job, that almost looks factory. If I didnt know any better, Id day it was.
Im gonna do either white or silver. I think Im gonna go with white though.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Alright thanks. And I didnt mean I was gonna do mine red, I meant YOU did a really good job, that almost looks factory. If I didnt know any better, Id day it was.
Im gonna do either white or silver. I think Im gonna go with white though.
White would match ur car well, but it would probably only be white for a week or so.... and brake dust is hell to clean up

Quick Reply: Caliper paint