Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Blinker in rear view

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Blinker in rear view

Today I was @ AutoZone and seen they had them blinkers that stick on your rear view mirror. So I noticed that the arrow inside looked really thin. thin enough to go behind the mirror. So I went ahead and got them once I got home I took a a flathead and pried them open and just as I thought they where really thin. So tomarrow morning I will be installing them and I will be sure to post some pics. Also they were only $12.99 ($14.00 after tax) but that was still a good deal compaired to some prices I seen for some.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see some pics....

Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is it for the rear view mirror inside the car, or the sideview mirrors on the doors? Wouldn't blinking arrows in the rearview mirror be kind of annoying?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Haha I think he means in the door like mine

Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I figured that. I just wanted to be sure. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with rearview mirror arrows.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

cool idea. . . looking forward to pictures

Old 07-16-2011, 09:29 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Today I attemped to start my install. My first problem was how do I pop the glass out( if anyone has done this feel free to give some input) next I couldnt figure out where to wire them to( again feel free to give some input) I know the negitive wire I can just ground it I cant figure out where the positve wire goes. So hopefully tomarrow I will have it done.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 PM

I saw the same thing at AutoZone and thought they'd look great on the outside rearview mirrors. Then my mechanic opened the package and read the directions and told me the dash would have to be removed in order to wire the LED's to the turn signal mechanism. So I took the light strips back to Auto Zone and got my money back. I was VERY disappointed cuz I 've seen these on other cars - but when I look closely, they seem to be stock not added on. Please let us know if you install your's, and how you do it.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
I saw the same thing at AutoZone and thought they'd look great on the outside rearview mirrors. Then my mechanic opened the package and read the directions and told me the dash would have to be removed in order to wire the LED's to the turn signal mechanism. So I took the light strips back to Auto Zone and got my money back. I was VERY disappointed cuz I 've seen these on other cars - but when I look closely, they seem to be stock not added on. Please let us know if you install your's, and how you do it.
That's correct. You have to wire them to the turn signal relay to get them to blink with the other signal (that's where your positive wire goes).

Old 07-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
dont mean to sound rude but how else would you wire them without removing the dash?

Quick Reply: Blinker in rear view