Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Black Headlights

Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Black Headlights

Hey guys, im working on getting my 02 MC SS restored, i've got just about all the parts, all i have left are the headlights and wheels.

For the headlights, i really love the look of the black housing headlights, however i bought a set off ebay and after the seller has sent me two different sets, they were both junk and wased over a month of my time.

Does anyone know where i can get a GOOD quality set of these? The ones i bought, the black rubber seal wasng glued on, they were poorly put together and just in terrible condition.

I know i can pull them apart and do it myself, but i don't want to do this.

Also, if i can't find that option, i will probably just tint them, either with window tint, or have them spray tinted.

Any info would be helpful!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

spray tint will drastically decrease the output of light, i got mine from a guy used so im not much help there.

for wheels tho, i would look here:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/

Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Thanks! If i did the spray tint it would be VERY light, althought i've found a couple of film tint kits that might look nice. And they're cheap enough that if i don't like them i can just peel them off.

I would still really like a set of the lights though.

That site has nice prices for the wheels! I'm impressed! I was hoping to stay with 16" so as to not have to mess with the speedo, but at that price...i may re-consider.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:39 AM

pfyc.com

they're costly but i've never got anything of poor quality from them and i know they have the black housing headlights

Old 11-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Awesome! Thank you! So im stuck, do i spend the money on the black headlights? Or do i replace my one broken stock light and go with the headlight covers?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

i think as long as the height? stays the same when you go with a bigger size rim you shuold be fine, i went from 225/65/16 to 235/55/17 and had no change in my speedo, just to give you a little reference, generally with 17s you want to go a little bit smaller so they would be fine

Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM

derp! you're right! haha didn't quite think that through. Also doesn't help that i have a brand NEW set f 16" tires and a set of good 16" winter tires. Although wouldn't be hard to sell them and put towards 17" tires.

Though wheels are my last priority, since im probably going to park the car for winter once it comes back from the body shop. I can save up more $$ to put towards the wheels.

I just need to make up my mind about the litghts.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

On those ebay headlights, you can either just peel off the rubber strip around it, or glue it on better lol. Not much choice on them....

Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM

Yeah, im going to give up on the black headlights. I'm going to buy a replacement RH OEM light and then tint them and see how i feel.

So that brings me to my newest questions. Anybody have a stock passenger's headlight for sale? Looking for one! Any help would be super awesome!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:00 PM

I know it's a bit late, but I'm getting a new passenger headlight, and would be glad to sell you the old one. It works fine, it's just slightly yellow, I've tried to clean it but can't, but if you're going to tint it anyway I guess it won't matter...who knows...anyway, just throwing that out there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Headlights