Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Badges

Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Badges

Hey everybody, i am repainting my Monte in the coming weeks and need to take the badge and name plates off. I know the best way to get them off is to use fishing line to separate them from the panels. When it comes to reattaching them, what do I use? Also, are there any pins that go into the body panels on any of them? And my final question is, how do you know where the badges go when you put them back on?

I know theres probably answers to all these questions somewhere in here, but I dont really have time to search due to homework for school, and the small amount of body work that has to be done.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just keep them off

Putting them back on you would need to clean them up, get some 3m adhesive and cut out the lettering. Then place them back on the car. The only one with anything besides double-sided would be the front knight's crest. Knowing where to put them would be careful measuring before you take them off

Also you will probably ruin / bend / break one or 2, so if possible you might wanna just buy new badges with the adhesive already on it and save yourself some time and trouble.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It would honestly be easier just to buy new ones.. but these things are pretty fragile and will most likely bend or break when you take them off. Some people like to leave them off because it gives the car a smoother and cleaner look... if that's not your cup of tea, try eBay. Buy any color, you can always paint them to match!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes I feel like people don't even read my posts

Old 02-22-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Sometimes I feel like people don't even read my posts
The acoustics in here are awesome sometimes aren't they!?! Just like a huge cave.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM

5 Year Member

Hehehe! Sorry! Just re-iterating! *hears an echo*

Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Hehehe! Sorry! Just re-iterating! *hears an echo*
Just screwin' with ya'! We're family here aren't we? Well that's how my family plays, good to see when people don't take things so personal!

Another thought if your dead set on having "badges"... badges, we don't need no stinking badges!... sorry sometimes I have movie flashbacks. ANYHOW, might I suggest that you talk with Matt at reflectiveconcepts.com and have decals made instead of the 3-D badges. Can have them done in different colors to really set off your car... or even reflective. I got a set of reflective SS overlays in black for my mom's Impala. Pretty slick looking IMO.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO

Another thought if your dead set on having "badges"... badges, we don't need no stinking badges!...

Blazing Saddles, 1974!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Blazing Saddles, 1974!!!
Proabably one of my favorite movies ever. Uh oh, its Mungo haha.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Default badges.....

Originally Posted by JAFO
Just screwin' with ya'! We're family here aren't we? Well that's how my family plays, good to see when people don't take things so personal!

Another thought if your dead set on having "badges"... badges, we don't need no stinking badges!... sorry sometimes I have movie flashbacks. ANYHOW, might I suggest that you talk with Matt at reflectiveconcepts.com and have decals made instead of the 3-D badges. Can have them done in different colors to really set off your car... or even reflective. I got a set of reflective SS overlays in black for my mom's Impala. Pretty slick looking IMO.
...And don't forget those Toll Booths out in the middle of the dessert....LOL ...
Getting back on Topic....It would be easier to just get new badges if you want them back on there. I've seen
those things break so often when I was working in a Body Shop. However, You might be able
to use a adhesive remover and just let it work into the glue and it may come off easy ? But then You have to reapply an adhesive.......
.......( there is an Echo in here...here.....here...... ) to it.
It's up to you........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Badges