Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Anyone In the MIAMI Area???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Anyone In the MIAMI Area???

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows any (actual) good bodyshops in the South Florida
area???

Me and my Monte had a pretty bad run in with a Toyota Tundra and my hood and driverside fender is all messed up. No hard feelings, no insurance was involved...

Im purchasing a hood and a fender, and now that i have my parts, I need a GOOD bodyshop to take to, considering the horrible body work on other peoples cars ive seen down here... I really dont trust many of the bodyshops down here, so maybe somebody knows a reputable bodyshop that wont charge an arm and a leg???

....thank you and i will be posting pics of the crash this week....

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

We have a member in Myrtle Beach if you wanna take a drive :P

Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 AM

Hi `Dennis,
Sorry 2 read about your accident, & it really pays to do your
homework when finding a good bodyshop.
Below I posted some links that may help with what to look for.
I would also check with your "Bank of Friends" in your area.
Also ask your Insurance agency what shops they reccomend,
and people in your area that have had work done by shops.
Also check with your local BBB for complaints against
the shops that you are considering.
Wish you good luck in finding a good shop.
If you can ? Take b-4 & after pic's
and post/share them with us.
We all love pic's of Monte's,
and like them more when they are
repaired.
Good Luck `Dennis
Finding Quality Auto Body Repair

Auto Repair tips. Auto body repair ? Finding that good resource. Good auto body repair is easier to find that you may imagine, all you need is some basic ...
www.superpages.com/supertips/quality-auto-body-r... - 39k - Similar pages
http://www.superpages.com/supertips/...dy-repair.html

How To Find a Good Auto Body Shop

At some point or another, you are going to need auto repairs. This means you need to know how to find a good auto body shop.
www.autobodyshopstop.com/find-good-auto-body-shop - 14k - Similar pages
http://www.autobodyshopstop.com/find...auto-body-shop

How To Find A Quality Auto Body Repair Shop

Aug 16, 2006 ... How To Find A Quality Auto Body Repair Shop. ... Does their equipment look as though it's in good condition and well cared for? ...
ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Find-A-Quality-Auto-Bo... - 48k - Similar pages
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Fin...Shop&id=270615

Find Trusted Auto Body Shops and Auto Repair at First Choice ...

Trusted Auto Body and Auto Repair Shops, ou see many logos signifying what's best in auto body and auto repair. How do they help you in deciding which shop ...
www.firstchoicenetwork.com/ - 17k - Similar pages

Old 05-22-2009, 02:47 PM
15 Year Member
Default Some Advice???

So yesterday im leaving my house, when a car pulls up and it has a advertisement for a bodyshop magnet on the door. A man steps out and asks me if I need my car fixed. Obviously i said yes, and asked him where his shop was, when he responded that I was looking at it. Apparently the man drives around in his little toyota with all the tools in his car to do bodywork.

He offered to fix my car right then and there in my drive way for only $450 (and thats including the price of an aftermarket fender he can locate for me) !!!

I had already bought a new hood for the car, (original, black, off a 2001 monte for only $200).

He said all he needed to do was pull the frame, put the parts on and that he could paint whats needed using paint in his trunk (and he would match my paint using the codes on my door).

So, my father thinks its a great idea, considering the ridiculous prices that bodyshops charge for jobs.... he says the man can AFFORD to charge that little because he doesnt have all the expenses of a body shop, or maybe hes desperate for work who knows...

I argue that its too good a deal, and that the job wont probably come out as well as if i would take my parts to a bodyshop and have them handle it....

So, what do you guys think? anyone ever dealt with a situation like this?

I have also uploaded pics of the damage:

Attached Thumbnails Anyone In the MIAMI Area???-p5220849.jpg   Anyone In the MIAMI Area???-p5220853.jpg   Anyone In the MIAMI Area???-p5220854.jpg   Anyone In the MIAMI Area???-p5220855.jpg   Anyone In the MIAMI Area???-p5220856.jpg  

Old 05-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I wouldn't do it. I hear so many stories from customers coming in here to see if there is a reputable shop that we can recommend. They say that a guys showed up and offered to do the work really cheep and then left with thier money. I would go to a shop that has been established and has insurance. Many times things get broken or lost and the shop would have to pay for them. Otherwise, you will end up paying for it later.

Something he said kinda stuck right now. He said that he will pull the frame.With what? His teeth? If he plans on using a tree or something,then there is no garantee that its goig to be straight. I know a few bodymen like that and all they do it elongate the holes just so they can SORTA line up.

But its your cash and i know that its expansive to get something fixed.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM
15 Year Member

Well.... i forgot to add... the bodyman showed me this (i believe pneumatic) tool/ machine in his trunk that he uses to pull the frames of cars to make them straight again... He also said i dont pay him until the work is done...

one thing that i found ify was that he was willing to paint outside in my driveway...shouldnt any painting be done in a secure room without any debris???

Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 PM

unless you want dirt and fisheyes in it.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

You get what you pay for.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:13 PM

sounds like a gypsy scam to me. my friend had someone do something like this on her car and it looked like total crap. your def better off going somewhere and having it done right. if there painting the hood and the fender your going to want the panels all blended to match so it doesnt look like its two different colors.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 AM
15 Year Member

Im not calling those guys back it was just WAY too good to be true

Im gunna go exploring and see what some bodyshops are goin to charge...

and after i get a fender and those darn blacked out headlights my Monte can look good again !

Quick Reply: Anyone In the MIAMI Area???