Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

2006 Monte Carlo SS Inferno Orange Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Default 2006 Monte Carlo SS Inferno Orange Metallic

My car seems to be a little rare. It is a 2006 Monte Carlo SS with Inferno Orange Metallic paint U502Q. Anyone else have one of these? How many were made? Where can I get the best deal on touch up paint in this color?

Thx.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by putnamjf
My car seems to be a little rare. It is a 2006 Monte Carlo SS with Inferno Orange Metallic paint U502Q. Anyone else have one of these? How many were made? Where can I get the best deal on touch up paint in this color?

Thx.

WoW, I've been on the MCF for almost 7 years & yours is the first 06 Monte S.S. I've seen with that Color ? Did it come from the factory with that color ? I also did a web search & could not find one like yours If it did, it is rare 4-Sure. Do you have a larger picture or pictures to post ?
Is that paint code in the trunk on the sticker ? I know that Chevy used orange on their new Camaro.

Look forward to your future posts & infor.
Oh, Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
Explore & EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 08-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 AM

I've search several GM Chevy sites & the below is the colors I've found, but none of them are orange like yours..
Look forward to your updates...Thanks

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Colors
Below are all exterior and interior colors for the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
Colors generally differ by style. Build out your Chevrolet Monte Carlo and get an instant price online.

<TABLE class=exteriorColorsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=col1>Exterior Colors</TH><TH>LS</TH><TH>LT</TH><TH>LTZ</TH><TH class="last lastCol">SS</TH></TR><TR><TD class=col1>Amber Bronze Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Black</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Dark Silver Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Laser Blue Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Silverstone Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Sport Red Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Superior Blue Metallic</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Victory Red</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>White</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=interiorColorsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=col1>Interior Colors</TH><TH>LS</TH><TH>LT</TH><TH>LTZ</TH><TH class=last>SS</TH></TR><TR><TD class=col1>Ebony</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Gray</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Neutral</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>

</TD><TD class=lastCol>N/A</TD><TR><TD class=col1>Shale</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

See 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Color Options - CarsDirect
Click above

Last edited by Space; 08-09-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If that is indeed the paint code on your RPO label then you have a very rare vehicle. I did a quick search and not only could I not find that particular color being offered on a Monte Carlo, but the only Chevy cars (trucks excluded) I found it on were the Corvette and Camaro beginning in 2008. As far as finding the best price for touch up paint an online comparative search will probably be your best tool. The web site below lists the PPG and Sherwin Williams cross reference numbers which may help in your search.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Inferno Orange&tditzler=917967&rows=50

Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

cool color! cool ride!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

First one I've ever seen with that color. Either it's a custom color painted up to look like the factory scheme with the racing stripes package, or a very rare car. The only colors I'm aware of are the ones Space posted. Can you make out any signs on the car that the orange is not the original color? Something like masking lines or the original factory color showing somewhere. Would mostly be apparent in the door and trunk jams, and the engine bay. If it is custom and they did a good job it should be hard to tell, but usually there are areas on the car where you can make out if it's the original color or not.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive seen one this color in a junk yard car was origonally black

Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

As far as I know that color wasnt offered on the Monte Carlo. It looks great tho..lets see more pics.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM

its hard to see in that pic but that color wasnt offered on the monte carlos, and your stripes appear to run up and over the roof which isnt the way they come from the factory. i would assume it was painted that color and the stripes are aftermarket ones that were added after. what color are the floor pans of that car from underneath? also i dont know the rpo code for the silver ground effects and rally stripes but im sure theres one for them.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Sounds like it was repainted at one point in time. Either way, that's a sweet color and probably looks great on a monte!

Quick Reply: 2006 Monte Carlo SS Inferno Orange Metallic