Other Professional Racing.. Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Night of Fire-Muncie Dragway

Old 03-28-2015, 08:18 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Night of Fire-Muncie Dragway

I found some videos of the "Night of Fire" that my track-Muncie Dragway-does every year. This is a HUGE event and THOUSANDS come to watch. Full racing program plus all the special jet cars and the star of the show is the jet semi!!! That was the ONLY day I was truly nervous at the track- racing in front of thousands!!! But I got over it after the first pass!!!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:40 AM

...Thanks `Barbara for posting/sharing...Next best thing 2 being there. That Jet Semi was BAD > doing over 200 MPH is 6 seconds The Jet Fire Truck sure lights `up the night....

Orlando has Nights of Fire & I've only been to it once > years ago < when Space & I were racing our machines. Space had a Turbo Honda that ran great & he has a few trophies. Until he got stupid & was caught 4 Street Racing (Cost him tons of $'s + +) I never got caught, but I don't street race anymore... I miss going to the drag races....

Old 03-28-2015, 09:04 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

They had many more vehicles but could not find videos Those "backstop ads) that caught fire do so every year and the sponsors LOVE it and demand that advertising space because everyone talks about them. That's smart marketing!!!
Yep...Bob Motz is the same Jet semi that comes here...It is AWESOME. If you have not seen it in person it is worth the admission just to feel the jet blast and heat...it is UNREAL!!!
You get up to this area at any time during racing season, I'll let ya ride with me if ya want!!! I am still slow enough that I can have a rider I usually don't take a rider during points runs but if we are doing timed shots or any grudge racing between later rounds..I will take someone if they ask and agree to wear a helmet and seatbelt!! They also have to share the seat with Brigid, my crew chief!!

Attached Thumbnails Night of Fire-Muncie Dragway-brigid.jpg  

Last edited by P343; 03-28-2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: picture
Old 03-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

BARBARA:

I have seen the night of fire at Norwalk and Milan dragways a few times over the years.. What a Great show!

Its been quite a number of years since the last time I was there..

When is this event...
Maybe We can make it out for it?
Thanks for the vids..

Cute co pilot..

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-28-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 AM

I don't wanta ride > I wanta drive `it & beat your times (LOL)
Thanks `Barbara for the offer...I hope it the future that it could come true 4>sure

Attached Thumbnails Night of Fire-Muncie Dragway-brigid.jpg  
Old 03-28-2015, 11:17 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI

When is this event...
Maybe We can make it out for it?
This year it is Saturday August 1st.
Milan and Norwalk are two places I want to race once I start trailering my car!!
Yeah my crew chief loves to ride with me while I race!!!

Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike
LOL 100 bucks a quarter mile huh?? That would pay for my racing that is for sure!!!! Love what you did with her collar!!!
Thinking I am going to put the montecarloforum.com decal on each side of my helmet.
LOL You could try to beat my times with the Monte but I don't hold back when it's racing time!!! I drive it like I stole it!!!!!! Until I change some things, It's about as fast as it is going to get for almost stock. I did make some changes over the winter so we will see what that does. I am sure I will get it into the 14's. The rest of the things I need to do are more major (new rear set up, new cam, etc). She will get there..but not overnight!!!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You are a die hard motor head Barbara if I ever saw one. Look at you, have to say my hats off to you, pretty hard core driver.

Thanks for mentioning the Night of Fire event, some people never get to the track and your showing them there are some pretty exciting events other than cars dragging their bumpers 60ft.

You have a pretty sharp eye to have seen the collar mod on Brigid by Mike. Hope you have a most successful and satisfying season at the track.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:01 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Greg!! I do love what I do and have a blast even if I do not have the fastest car out there.
There are many events out there other than dragsters. And a lot of tracks have many of these things too. The geezer gassers are all Studebakers, etc..the old "puffy" cars. They have wheelie contests and that guy on the first video, Ricky Kirkpatrick, is one of our Local regular racers!!! He has gone the entire length of the track before doing a wheelie. We have jr racers out there who are anywhere from I think six to 18. Diesel truck and motorcycle races have started to draw some crowds too. They usually have 3-4 car shows over on the west side of the track every year! They do old timers races where you have to be 55 or older to race. Then there is the test and tune we have every Wednesday night where you can just bring whatever you want and make passes down the track and you can also get into the trophy race if that is what you want.
I had a blast out there even when I was a spectator but then spectating was no longer an option for me. It scares my kids that I race (both in their 20's) but I told them, hey I love when you come to watch me but if it scares you, please stay home. I know the risks associated with racing and accept that each time I sign my tech card to race!!! When I stop having fun, I will stop.
Ok well that post became a novel quickly!!!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

I would love to do what you do. It sounds fun just getting out there and giving it all its got.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Night of Fire-Muncie Dragway