Other Professional Racing.. Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.
View Poll Results: Will you watch the Indy "500" ?
Yes
70.00%
No
10.00%
Going to Watch NASCAR
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

*Indy 500, Sunday, 5/27/12 > 11AM ET "ABC"

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Default great race

That was a great race. That's what happens when you have more than one engine manufactuer out there. Dan Weldon would've been proud.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nascar43
That was a great race. That's what happens when you have more than one engine manufactuer out there. Dan Weldon would've been proud.

Yes, it was great to see Chevy in the top 3
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Everyone picked Dario Franchitti in their Top 3 picks, but Cowboy `Duane & Brent picked him in their 2nd picks.
So we have a tie for our MCF Winner(s) Indy "500"

Congrat's to Brent & Duane
This thread would've been more exciting `if Duane started it LOL...Thanks everyone for your posts & I hope that you enjoyed the Race....I fell asleep, but was awaken for the last 20 laps...I did review the race this morning
2012 Indy 500 Results: Dario Franchitti Outlasts Takuma Sato For Controversial Win

about 22 hours ago:May 27, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; IndyCar driver Dario Franchitti (50) gets past Takuma Sato (15) as Sato crashes into the wall on the last lap of the Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-US PRESSWIRE

<?xml:namespace prefix = fb /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http%3A%2F%2Fstlouis.sbnation.com%2F2012%2F5 %2F28%2F3047771%2F2012-indy-500-results-dario-franchitti-takuma-sato-crash" layout="button_count" height="21" width="90" show_faces="false" font=""></fb:like>

By Dan Moore - Managing Editor
The 2012 Indy 500 is over, with Dario Franchitti winning his third and Takuma Sato bowing out late in a crash you haven't heard the last about.

Follow @sbnstlouis on Twitter, and Like SB Nation St. Louis on Facebook.
May 28, 2012 - The 2012 Indy 500 is in the books, but Indianapolis Motor Speedway was home Sunday to a controversial ending that's likely to outlast the initial press rush following Dario Franchitti's win, his third career Indy 500 victory. The controversy comes from a last-lap crash that sent Takuma Sato spiraling out of contention. Sato claims Franchitti was directly responsible for the accident, while Franchitti believes it happened independently. Click the video at the link—unfortunately for us, from a less-than-ideal angle—and be the judge yourself. SB Nation's Jeff Gluck was at the race to provide some instant analysis:
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJiUrIs1sLQ" frameBorder=0 width=560></IFRAME>
Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Oriol Servia, and Ryan Briscoe round out the Top 5; Takuma Sato, who moved to IndyCar from Formula One before the 2010 season, ended up finishing No. 17 after the crash, which no doubt added to his ire in the immediate aftermath of the race. For more on the just-completed 2012 Indy 500, check out SB Nation's storystream, updated automatically as news breaks and with analysis from our team of racing writers.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I'm pretty sure this is how its scored in Indy racing. Since we don't score the season, this ain't about points. Finishing order is all that counts, so lowest score wins. Easy scoring - according to the finishing positions

JuniorCar 28 1 24 53pts
'Space 24 28 1 53pts
STUMPMI 27 28 1 56pts
Cowboy6622 2 1 27 13 27 70pts

Making 5 picks was probably a bad idea. Cowboy gains a -50 bonus for correctly calling the milk over the head, but gains a +1 pt per minute of tardiness - something like an hour in there. So he loses. The streak continues buddy!

But I believe (I am staking) the tie breaker ruling (between 'Space & I) goes to the finishing position of each of our picks for first. Ultimately, Andretti finished better than Power... FTW!!!
Congrats on your first win of the year Kid'Space!

As per usual, anyone who has spent more time on this can appeal to the very short panel of official who made the decision to have thier appeal denied.

Congrats 'Space!!! And welcome back to the racing big leagues! The Indy 500 is a big one to have under your belt and should give you confidence when rendering your NASCAR pics over in the other thread. No matter what happens, having an Indy 500 Championship under your belt means it was a good year!!!

Last edited by JuniorCar; 05-28-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LoL - LoL `Brent,
I am not worthy , but I appreciate your time/post/super created photo alien smok'in design winning picture ~> WoW...plus all those confusing #'s on determining the winner (?) I still believe the victory belongs to you & Duane...I respectfully refuse acceptance & transfer my win to you & Duane...

I cheated & ran Sato `off the track...I am not deserving...lol
Thanks, your post put humor & fun in my morning..
======================================
p.s. Do you think Dario caused the crash ?
I don't...

Old 05-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Y'know if I could take credit for the win I'd be sporting a new trophy on my right there. But I knew I burned the second Will Power wrecked. Its all good. The pick game worked and helped me enjoy the race. My wife made picks as well, but she also had Andretti and Hunter Reay - it funny how many of the picked drivers bought it

Originally Posted by Space
p.s. Do you think Dario caused the crash ?
I don't...
The very idea the Franchitti was supposed to give Sato more room is why I don't like Indy racing. It was the last lap of the Indy 500 and because someone-wants-to pass-you-and-could-if-you-would-move-over-so-you-must goes against the nature and racing and competing. To move over is to say you don't want to win.

And the cars never made contact either.

Sato did blow that by making his move in turn 1. What was that about?