Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ZZP Web Site?!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Default ZZP Web Site?!

Not that it is a HUGE deal but don't you think ZZP should put a option for a Monte Carlo on the homepage. I know you just select Grand Prix from the homepage now and you get the products for the Monte Carlo but I just figure us Monte owners spend enough money with them that we deserve a picture and selection.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 AM

Let's make this a petition and send it to them!

/signed

Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think they wanna deal with all the body modifications of another car.

It would be pointless to re-host everything under another tab :P

Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So I don't know why I buy stuff from them. I am still having trouble with the PCM probably because it came from a Grand Prix.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
So I don't know why I buy stuff from them. I am still having trouble with the PCM probably because it came from a Grand Prix.
I would just take it out and send it back if they can't fix it. I don't know if ZZP is tied into 3800performance.com but that is where I got my PCM from and have not had troubles. I will let you know what happens when I get the ZZP downpipe put on next week but so far so good. Plus they said they will even delete the code you want deleted you just have to let them know by e-mail before you buy the PCM from them. Only grip which is not a huge one is the PCM from 3800performace was super dirty but eh it works good! I might have to send my PCM back to get the code deleted (I kept my old PCM just in case of sale or issues) but we will see.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 07-31-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Just wondering? When you disconnect ur negative battery terminal, how long are you leaving it off? Cause I might try leaving it off over night. Some people will agree with this some not they say it only takes 20-30 min but I have done both to reset and leaving it longer can't hurt to try.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

ZZP is a good group of people. I buy all my stuff from them. I walk in the door and buy it. Tim did my PCM, and he had problems doing it in the car. He took it out and gave me another pre-programmed PCM and it worked no problems.

Keegan (ExplosiveSoundz) spent a BUNCH of money there on his car, between the engine and trans'. When his double roller timing chain failed (because the sprocket was cut wrong), ZZP went the distance and made it right with him. I know this becausw I picked up his car and drove it to eastern OH for him to pick up.(He lives in PA). I seen the bill for the repair. Over $1,800. ZZP and the timing chain mfg' ate that bill. Nothing was guaranteed. They didn't have to. But they did. Amy will get her issues worked out with Tim. I KNOW that from experience.

Montes are real touchy on the electronics, between the PCM and the BCM. More so than the Pontiacs. Don't know why, but they are.

Walking in there, (no sign out front), they have a small sales lobby. The waiting room is twice that size. The coffee table is loaded with Pontiac magazines. LOADED! These guys are all about Pontiac power. They have the world's fastest FWD 3'8L car, an 8 second GP. I've seen it. I've been in their shop. I saw Keegan's car in pieces. I've seen their store rooms full of parts, MOST of which they make THEMSELVES! They have 2 CNCs in house, and they do their own tube bending and welding in house. They try to manufacture everything they can. If it has the ZZP brand name on it, they made it right there. Their torque convertors are custom made for them, to their standards.
Are they perfect? No. Am I perfect? No. Are you perfect? No. BUT, they are honest, and they try their hardest to make their customers happy. Amy will verify that she has not been left high and dry by them.

I will continue to support Zoomer and ZZPerformance. I DO wish theyhad a Monte Carlo store, but truly, the Monte Carlo is the same car as the Grand Prix, anf Zoomer and the guys (and gals) at ZZP are all about Pontiacs. Amy is just one more reason that they don't like Monte Carlos, and would be another example of why you won't see a Monte Carlo web site from ZZPerformance.

Looking forward, now that Pontiac is gone, where do they go from here? Zoomer bought a Cobalt SS a few years ago, and added a turbo to the S/C Ecotec. They have been strong in that area. I talked to Zoomer about working on the LNF 2.0 turbo in our Solstice, and that put a spark in his eye. These guys are Pontiac people, and they like turbos. There are a TON of GPs out there, and I hope they continue to serve our needs, but also find that new platform for them to grab hold of and go with. Zoomer and the whole crew at ZZPerformance are 100% dedicated to giving the customers the very best product and experience that is possible. They will find a new niche, and they will succeed at it, as they have with the GP platform. In my opinion, there is no better performance store for our 3.8L Montes than ZZPerformance. I've delt with them face to face, and I will continue to do so. GOOD people to deal with.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, you sold me. From now on nothing goes in my car unless its from ZZP. J/k, well sorta. I've had no problems with ZZP and I buy a lot from them, with pride, knowing I am buying good Made in USA stuff. Another thing ZZP does, without even being asked, is declare a low value when shipping to Canada to reduce border fees. That was really cool to discover. There prices are already better then anyone else.
I would love to check out the place in person. I didn't know they had such I complex operation, but I guess I hadn't given it much thought.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I would love to check out the place in person. I didn't know they had such I complex operation, but I guess I hadn't given it much thought.
Their operation isn't really complex. Just a business doing work in the back of a building, not even in the front. REAL low key business. Nothing fancy like Tire Rack, just an average guy trying to make a buck doing what he loves. Zoomer's a car stereo guy 1st, and this business grew from that one. Likes to race, and they like to help people make their cars better. Dyno tuning is a BIG part of their life. When they can pull 750+whp from a FWD GP, they do all right. Nothing fancy. Just good business.That's how this business grew. Just by helping others. Supplying parts better and cheaper than the othe guy when possible, and doing it right there in house.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member

I hope you don't think I am downing them at all. What I am trying to get at is that if adding a "Monte Carlo" section to the page they might avoid some slight mistakes in which they do program a PCM or something else with GP software. I would think it would be in the interest of the company to do that considering they pay money to ship back and forth and mistakes cost money. For example if when AMY bought her PCM she just had to click on "Monte Carlo" instead of "Grand Prix" I doubt there would have been an issue with her PCM. So far I like ALL The products that I have gotten from them in my book they are a great company.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZZP Web Site?!