Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ZR1 is a Monster + more Speed +

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ZR1 is a Monster + more Speed +

[align=center]New & Future Cars: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
It is official: The Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is a Monster! The final performance numbers are staggering.
By Mike MonticelloPhotos by Jim Fets

September 2008

The final performance numbers for Chevrolets Corvette ZR1 are staggering (and the price aint bad either): Chevy says the LS9 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 pumps out 638 bhp and 604 lb.-ft. of torque. The company also claims the ZR1 will hit 60 mph in 3.4 seconds, 100 mph in 7.0 sec. and can run the quarter mile in 11.3 sec. at 131 mph. Top speed is 205 mph. The EPA estimated fuel economy of 14 mpg city/20 mpg highway is actually pretty good considering the level of performance were talking about — but the car will still carry a $1700 gas-guzzler tax on top of its $103,300 price tag.
[/align][align=center]Please send your donations to KidSpace $ Thank You

Slideshow >>[/align]Only two options will be available: The first is a $10,000 uplevel interior package, which adds power-adjustable, heated and leather-trimmed sport seats, side airbags, Bose premium audio, a navigation system and Bluetooth connectivity. The second option is chrome wheels, for $2000. Production will have started by the time you read this; output is capped at 2000 cars per year.
GM engineer Jim Mero clocked a 7:26.4 lap around Germany's Nürburgring in a "bone-stock" ZR1, one of the fastest laps ever recorded by a production car.

Related Links:

[/align][ul][*][align=center]Slideshow: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 [/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 & the LS9 Engine [/align][*][align=center]Video: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 [/align][*][align=center]Slideshow: Future Cars [/align][/ul][align=center]2 dare 2 dream[/align]

Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Default RE: ZR1 is a Monster : )

[align=center]Hot Facts
Ten things you did notknow about the
[/align][align=center]Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the LS9 engine.
By Shaun Bailey & Space lol
July 2008
[/align]

[/align][ol][*][align=center]There is roughly $1000 worth of a special clear coat that protects the carbon-fiber bodywork from ultra violet light. [/align][*][align=center]The Performance Build Center in Wixom, Michigan, will produce roughly 45 LS9 engines a week, and only employs 38 people, 25 of whom build engines. [/align][*][align=center]The Performance Build Center has an open house on August 14th. [/align][*][align=center]Each LS9 is built from start to finish by one engine builder. [/align][*][align=center]It takes just under 5 hours to assemble an engine. [/align][*][align=center]EPA mileage ratings of the ZR1 will be city/highway 14/20 mpg. [/align][*][align=center]The supercharger consumes about 70 horsepower, so the crankshaft actually transmits 708 bhp, but only 638 to the flywheel. [/align][*][align=center]For durability testing, the LS9 has seen over 6800 cumulative hours on a dyno. [/align][*][align=center]Just over 75 percent of the parts in an LS9 are carryover from other small blocks. There are only 100 new parts, of which 25 are just modified parts. [/align][*][align=center]The Eaton 4-lobe rotors are actually sections of an aluminum extrusion. The original extrusion is a single 200-ft. long piece. [/align][/ol][align=center]WoW only 2000 will be produced a year[/align][align=center]708 HP @ the crank WoW[/align][align=center]Can any member loan me $125K ?[/align][align=center]or a 50 year repayment schedule lol[/align][align=center]Thanks lol[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]EnJoy your dreams[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM

Members ?
How much would you pay to drive the ZR1
in a 1/4 mile ?
I would pay about $100 for the experience of driving
this American Muscle Monster
Mod Taz ? Could you lend me a hundred ?
LOL
I am going to go play the Florida Lotto
and keep dreaming

Old 07-24-2008, 05:26 AM

Ok Dodge - Ford - Ricers
Lets line them up
Chevy is ready to Win

Old 07-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

let me go pull out my Ford GT and see what you got then 'Space.... lol

Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

let me go pull out my Ford GT and see what you got then 'Space.... lol
Hi Duane
I wish I had a ZR1 and you had a Ford GT to line up
Only in my dream fantasy World
or if I hit the Lotto
2 dare 2 dream
in
SpaceVision
LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 AM

[align=center][/align]
Featured Comparison from Car and Driver
[align=center]Something for members to read about or dream LOL EnJoy[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align]Chevy Corvette Z06 vs. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911 GT2[align=center]Extremists: It’s man against motherboard in this four-way flog of max-horsepower machines. [/align]Full Story | Photos | Videos
Other Recent Comparisons
[ul][*][align=center]2008 Aston Martin DBS vs. 2009 Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano [/align][*][align=center]2008 BMW M3 vs. 2009 Nissan GT-R vs. 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo [/align][*][align=center]2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 vs. 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt [/align][/ul]

Old 07-25-2008, 05:16 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]click on above photo for album EnJoy[/align]
2009 Audi TTS - First Drive Review
Audi seeks to overcome the TT’s soft reputation with some hard horsepower.
BY RAY HUTTON
August 2008
[/align]

The Audi TT has been a great success. It was launched 10 years ago in Germany, and now 45,000 a year are made at Audi’s plant in Gyo˝ r, Hungary. That’s a big volume for a small coupe.
We liked the TT enough to make it a 10Best Car in its first and second years, but it has never made its mark as a proper sports car. Automotive writers snickered that the TT was a VW GTI in a sexy designer dress.
The second-generation TT appeared as a 2008 model. Bigger and built on its own steel and aluminum platform (in the interests of a more even weight distribution), it’s a bit more sporty but not in the same pure sense as the rear-drive Nissan 350Z, BMW Z4, or the Porsche Boxster and Cayman with which it overlaps in price.
It was launched with the 200-hp, 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder from the GTI and the carry-over 3.2-liter V-6 delivering 250 horsepower. Both were available with the S tronic twin-clutch six-speed gearbox. Clearly, there were more variants to come, the most significant for the U.S. being the TTS you see here, which goes on sale in November. Available as a two-plus-two coupe or a two-seat roadster, the TTS makes 265 horsepower from a development of the direct-injection 2.0-liter turbo engine, has an improved Quattro four-wheel-drive system, and has magnetic adaptive shocks and 18-inch wheels as standard equipment.
With the paddle-shift S tronic, the TTS coupe has a claimed 0-to-60-mph time of 4.9 seconds, and the roadster is 0.2-second slower. Top speed is limited to 155 mph.
So, the TTS is competitive—comparable to a more expensive Porsche Cayman S—but the way in which it achieves its performance is disappointing.
The engine produces noticeable vibration through the pedals and significant turbo lag, making the car fussy to drive. And electronics interfere with rapid progress on a winding road. The original TT Quattro could be driven on the throttle, shifting the drive from the front to the rear as the wheels lost grip. Although its stability-control system has a sport mode, allowing a limited amount of tail slide, on slippery roads the electronic traction control intervenes before the benefits of four-wheel drive come into play. But the Delphi magnetic shocks play well with the car’s stiffer springs and anti-roll bars.
Overall, the most powerful TT can’t match a Porsche for poise. So the TTS is more of a sports car than the TT has ever been but not necessarily better for that.
[/align]

Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 AM

If Power and Speed Corrupts
Corrupt Me !
4 Sure
Its a good thing that dreams are free or I would be bankrupt WoW

Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member