Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your pets

Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Your pets

I havent been home for about a month and a half now and my mom sent me a pic today of my two dogs and it made me realize how much i missed them. Geee thanks mom

Shaggy on the left and Scooby on the right. they are both rescue dogs that we took in. Shaggy was in a Kennel for just breeding so we dont know his age very well but he is pretty young becasue he hasn't stopped growing since we got him.

Then Scooby on the right my best friend. He was pulled off the streets in bloomington he has a few scars that look like they are from fights and he also has no front teeth between the K9's.

So what pets do you miss when you go on trips without them or are away form home at school for us college kids.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Default RE: Your pets

These are my two boys. Both are adopted cats. "Imp" is the gray/white one. He's about 5 years old and weighs about 15 pounds. We've had him for about 4 years now. He's the love of my life - I start missing him almost immediately when I go away.

"Godzilla" is the hairy brown tabby one. He's about 2 1/2 years old and weighs about 17 pounds. We've had him for almost his whole life (we adopted him at 8 weeks old). We think his percentage of Maine Coon is really high. If he is in fact mostly Maine Coon, he is NOT done growing yet and won't fully mature for another 2 1/2 years! He's VERY big. He can easily reach doorknobs and when he stands up against you, he can reach past your waist. His paw, when extended, can cover your palm.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:39 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Haha nice
Ive got my Buzzy

And 4 kittehs(sorry some arent the best quality pics lol)

Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 PM

haha us college kids that live at home still ( ) dont have to miss them but get annoyed by them. i have two dogs. bout 15 pounds each. i despise them. they bark and bark while they both HAVE to sleep on my bed. otherwise they dont sleep. but with that they cant sleep next to eachother either. so one by my head on one side and one by me feet on the other.

now for my pride and joy. i have fish and lizards. 7 assorted african cichlids. many differnt colors. my lizards are crested geckos. 3 of them. they are babys cause my previous lizard dyed after 4 years. he was pressumed to be 6 as i bought him at "2" which is their life.

i also want an english mastif. but not till i move out.

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...inisz618/pets/
they all there

want:

Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member

This is Celeste. Someone dumped her off at our house in about 1994. We figured she was about 3 months old at the time.

This is Chester.

This is Cheyanne. Her and Chester are natural brother & sister. I was coming home from work one night in 2005.I saw this set of eyes staring at me from the right side of the road. When I got up to where I saw the eyes something ran out infront of me. I swerved and missed whatever it was. I knew someone had dumped off unwanted kitten. I turned the car around and went back cause I knew if I didn't do something, someone WOULD kill this poor animal with their vehicle.
Little did I know when I turned around there were actually two kittens. They ran right up to me. I put them in the car and drove home. (note here. They wanted to drive but I knew they weren't old enough or had a valid driver's license)
Got home, knocked on the door (my hands were full) Debbie came to the door and went "AH!"
I told her, "Don't get attached. We're not keeping them."
The day she stepped on Chester and broke his jaw to the tune of $257 ended that.
They're 3 years old now.

This is Cindi. Someone dumped her off 2 years ago come january. She was living on her own in very cold weather trying to find something to eat where ever she could. Debbie told me one very, cold, snowy, night "Can we let her sleep in the basement just forone night?" Well we all know how long that lasted.
We suspect Cindi had a litter while living on the streets but there was no way of locating any kittens if this was true.

A final note. The only one who pretty much looks the same is Celeste. The others have increased in size and weight since these pictures. Especially Cindi.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

We buried 2 of our buds this year. Max the orange on the left, 15, died this past May, and Frankie, the Calico, 14, died in November. We miss them both.

So back in May, we got a kitten, Leo, from the ASPCA. He's a nose licker. We've nick-named him the "BEAST", and the Christmas tree was put up JUST for him! This is a pic from the end of may. He's MUCH bigger now, but just as pretty.

And then there are the girls. Tipper, 5, a small black lab, also from the ASPCA. She has SO much energy, we try to get some of it, but so far, no luck! And Brittney, 8, a brindled terrior, from the Humane Society. She was abused, and hit in the head too many times as a youngster, and has brain damage, but she is THE most docile and lovable dog you will EVER meet! The girlz:

Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Here is my dog Max enjoying his first snow storm. He ran and caught snowflakes for hours. I also have my mom's minature horse.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4516/F45178DF41804AB4ADE389C74D5F98E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2008, 01:07 PM

The dog and cat are Jasmine(the rott)and Molly (the cat). They grew up together and are great buds. You can always find them sunning themselves together.

The grey persian is Lex, who my daughter got as a Christmas present in 2002 and the white persian is Rowan who we got from a persian rescue and was one sorry looking cat when we got him, but what a sweetheart he is. Lex hatedhim when we brought him home, but as you can see they get along just fine now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4187/F07570F2923B47319AA47C691006442F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4187/4B832449FC354EA583823EAC42F71ED8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Best Friends say Happy Holidays to your Pets
[:-]
[:-]I dont know why you humans do this to us [:-]
[:-]Go ahead a laugh @ me, EveryBody does [:-]
ho ho ho [:-]

Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 PM

^^funny post 'space' ^^