Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your dream vacation, Where would you go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 AM

My dream vacation would be in a motor home with the family touring the good ole USA. On the back of the motorhome would be an empty car trailer and a wallet full of money. I want to see Arizona, and the west coast as well as the Detroit area. I also want my kids to see the history in New England.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site post pics when you can.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty much a "NO BRAINER"for both LadyT & myself. For our honeymoon, we went to French Polynesia (Tahitian Islands) for 10 days & nights. 2 in Tahiti, 4 in Moorea (of Captain Cook fame), and 4 in Bora Bora. All were in over the water bungalows

Bora Bora has been described as the most beautiful place in the world, and we agree. There is more visitors in a day to Hawaii that F.P., and more rooms in 1 mega-hotel in Hawaii than F.P. All for the same cost.

Where WILL we go for a repeat vacation (because we never have repeated)? Bora Bora.

We stayed here, in what was considered to be one of the top 10 resorts in the world:

Bora Bora "Orient Express" Tahiti

http://www.luxurylink.com/fivestar/h...resort-and-spa

Last edited by RocknSS04; 01-22-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That looks friggin amazing! If I went to someplace like that I'd die before I left. Really dreamy overhead shot

Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 AM

My dream vacation would be to the state of Monte Carlo, in Monaco. I'd die happy if I could spend a week there just taking pictures of signs that said "Monte Carlo." Yes, I'm easily entertained....

On a more realistic level, I'd like to go to Siesta Key beach in Sarasota, Florida (Space's stomping grounds). My brother lived there for 35 years and never wanted to leave, after growing up in the Midwest without an ocean. Siesta Key has been voted one of the best beaches in the world - the sand is sparkling white, soft and warm even in March.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM

There are two places I've always wanted to visit. First,
Fiji because of how exotic it is, and how incredible it seems.

And thailand. I work in a thai resteraunt and the culture has always fascinated me. The language is something I've been slowly trying to learn, to not much avail. It is very difficult, but I'd love to visit.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My brother in law was born and raised in germany (his dad is a owner of a bar too).....But i would either buy or rent a Lambo and hit the autobahn !!!!

Run it as hard and fast as my nerves (spouse nto in it) would allow or traffic! I have run over 200 drag raceing....and drove 195 at the brickyard (indianapolis motor speedway)......But the autobahn I think would be the ultimate form of feeling "The Need for Speed" !!!!!

This just 1 of many things i'd like to see and do...but this one rates right up there as one of my number 1 places to go!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
My dream vacation would be in a motor home with the family touring the good ole USA. On the back of the motorhome would be an empty car trailer and a wallet full of money. I want to see Arizona, and the west coast as well as the Detroit area. I also want my kids to see the history in New England.
Funny you should mention this.....

I am from Detroit.....and the mrs and I travel extensively across the usa in our 5th wheel! During the summer months.....How ever.....this summer were going to hit the north eastern states ...Maine Massachusettes, rhode Island new hampshire Jersey, atlantic city among others.....

also we have hit quite a few of the lower part of the 48 states( includeing Miami) home of Miami Ink (we got tats there)... but ultimately in 2013 were going west.....looking forward to running "Route 66" across to the far western side of the USA.....

Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle and share experiences and stories of our travels....

The mrs has 7 more years til she can retire.....and then we will be full timers !!!! traveling the USA in our camper!!!!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 01-22-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Kerry when you come don't forget to stop by and say hello.
I definitely plan on it.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Bora Bora does look amazing i must say wouldnt mind goin there lol

Quick Reply: Your dream vacation, Where would you go?