Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
100 % of the Time
20.00%
90 % of the Time
70.00%
75 % of the Time
10.00%
50 % of the Time
0%
0 % NEVER : (
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

- Are you HONEST ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Are you HONEST ?

[align=center]Are you Honest all the time ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think the people in your life are ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please be[/align][align=center]HONEST [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]synonyms HONESTY , HONOR , INTEGRITY , PROBITY [/i]mean uprightness of character or action. HONESTY [/i]implies a refusal to lie, steal, or deceive in any way. HONOR [/i]suggests an active or anxious regard for the standards of one's profession, calling, or position. INTEGRITY [/i]implies trustworthiness and incorruptibility to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility, or pledge. PROBITY [/i]implies tried and proven honesty or integrity.
[/align][align=center]1 a : free from fraud or deception : LEGITIMATE , TRUTHFUL <an honest plea[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : GENUINE , REAL[/i] [/i]c : HUMBLE , 2 a : REPUTABLE , RESPECTABLE <honest decent people[/i]>[/i] [/i]b chiefly British : GOOD , WORTHY [/i][/i]
3 : CREDITABLE , PRAISEWORTHY <an honest day's work[/i]>[/i] [/i]
4 a : marked by integrity[/i] [/i]b : marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : FRANK <an honest appraisal[/i]>[/i] [/i]c : INNOCENT , SIMPLE [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Are Monte Carlo Forum Members[/align][align=center]Honest ?[/align][align=center](Should be interesting to see the answers)[/align][align=center]Your Vote is a Secret...Honest[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post your comments...Thanks ![/align][align=center]- (Sorry, I drank 2 much coffee on my night job again& this is what you get : )[/align][align=center][/i]
[/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Default RE: - Are you HONEST ?

[align=center]Ionly lie, when the Devil makes me do it[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]No ~ Don't lie......... Yes, Lie to them all[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am just trying to adapt to being a human : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good or Bad ~ Right or Wrong[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's your `Life[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i try to be honest as much as i can, but there's always times you have to tell a little white lie, sometime's so you dont hurt someone

Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 AM

[align=center][:@]Let me be completely Honest with you, I would like you to believe me this time.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][&:]Ok, but were you honest before ? And now your being completely Honest ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]Well,let metell you the truth, I'd believe me `if I were you : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][&:]Were you tell'in me the truth before,or were you lying then?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]NO,I'm tell'in you the truth....Now[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][&:]Does that mean that you were nottell'in me the truth before ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]OK, I'M a Freak'in LIAR...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][&:]Well, to tell you the Truth & be completely honest with you `No: ) LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. ~Mark Twain

Who lies for you will lie against you. ~Bosnian Proverb

No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. ~Abraham Lincoln

[/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i try to be honest as much as i can, but there's always times you have to tell a little white lie, sometime's so you dont hurt someone
Interesting topic. There is a very old Bible tale where the prostitute Rahab had to tell an "untruth" so that the spiesof Joshua would not be caught.

Yet Rahab's life was saved by God...do the math.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM

[blockquote]
Then Joshua son of Nun sent two men secretly from ****tim as spies, saying, 'Go, view the land, especially Jericho.' So they went, and entered the house of a prostitute whose name was Rahab, and spent the night there.
Does anyone know the address ?
[/blockquote]

Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

LOL!!!

I always remind my boss of the Rahab story when he feels guilty that he has to tell an "untruth" to preserve the security of our business.

It doesn't make him feel better, but it doesn't make him feel worse.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 PM

In fact I'm brutally honest... got that way from my divorce. No more white lies.

Ironically it helpsbut you have to bea quick thinker.

EG: you guys know the old trap: Does this dress make me look fat? - If a guy has any common sense he would say "nope, looks great."

Not me, I say "yes it does" but then follow it up with - "You should try a different one, that designer needs to be shot." Either that or be brutal about how much they gained lately.Then ask them tostart excercising with me. Works quite frequently actually.