Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your life ? (multiple choice)
Yes, I'm happy with my life
48.00%
No, I'm not Happy, I don't like my life
4.00%
I'm working on being happy in life
16.00%
I'm happy most of the time
24.00%
I'm never happy > anytime
0%
Life SUCKS
8.00%
Life is Great
20.00%
Life is what you make `it
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

? Are you Happy with your Life ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am happy most of the time. A few things in life I wish I could change but can not right now

Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 PM

Yes I am, cause I am satisfied in the circumstances in which I am living and placed to live in. In case I don't remain happy it will be of no use for me and my life could be hell.I have resources just to survive with my family and no more. But self satisfaction is more than wealth one ever had. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Voted life sucks, cuz it does. You work all your life then you die, just to sum it up!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wheres the i have no effin idea button

Old 05-07-2014, 11:18 PM

For me personally, life couldn't be much better honestly. The fact that summer is basically here doesn't hurt either

Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM

I have to say I’m not too happy with my life (life sucks). Six years ago I was diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease pretty much 24/7 I have tinnitus in my left ear. some days I get dizzy like the bed spins but I haven’t had a drink since 1986, I’m 58. I’m at a point where I am financially in better shape than most ( if I wanted I could buy a C7 Stingray and pay cash) but no matter how much money you have if you don’t have good health you won’t be happy . I’d rather be flat broke and have good health. I don’t get out much and when I do we (girlfriend and I) don’t go far. She’ll never drive again in spring of 2012 we found out she had lung cancer. They did a thoracotomy removing the left lower lobe of her lung plus ribs 4,5 &6 since the tumor had attached itself to her chest wall. They reconstructed the area where the ribs were but that became infected and it mesh had to come out so she underwent the surgery all over again but now she hasn’t any upper body strength. None of her family has taken any concern in her condition. But we’ll make it together, we have each other and we have a great circle of friends so we’re thankful for that..

Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I voted Happy most of the time. Been stressed out lately. Getting ready to sign a lease on a new place and be living with someone for the first time. Other than that things have been pretty stress free and have been doing pretty well.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Cool Thank You & take good care!

Originally Posted by Blair1955
I have to say I’m not too happy with my life (life sucks). Six years ago I was diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease pretty much 24/7 I have tinnitus in my left ear. some days I get dizzy like the bed spins but I haven’t had a drink since 1986, I’m 58. I’m at a point where I am financially in better shape than most ( if I wanted I could buy a C7 Stingray and pay cash) but no matter how much money you have if you don’t have good health you won’t be happy . I’d rather be flat broke and have good health. I don’t get out much and when I do we (girlfriend and I) don’t go far. She’ll never drive again in spring of 2012 we found out she had lung cancer. They did a thoracotomy removing the left lower lobe of her lung plus ribs 4,5 &6 since the tumor had attached itself to her chest wall. They reconstructed the area where the ribs were but that became infected and it mesh had to come out so she underwent the surgery all over again but now she hasn’t any upper body strength. None of her family has taken any concern in her condition. But we’ll make it together, we have each other and we have a great circle of friends so we’re thankful for that..

Hi Blair,
I'm sorry to read what you & your girlfriend have been enduring in your life because of health issues. Your words are a powerful message to those that read them & understand that good health is more precious then any amount of wealth.

The bum's & I know many with large fortunes that would give it all to live without pain or medical problems.

I hope that you both have good doctors that can improve your life.
Thank you for sharing & we wish you the best in this human life.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 AM

Life definitely has its downside. I have some service connected (aka military related injuries) that the army doesn't seem to want to fix. I work a lot of hours and don't get much time off. But at the same time, being close to family again has really made a difference and has made it great overall. Even on my bad days, my family makes it better.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM

I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". With that being said, i follow up with "it is what it is" dont look back, for there is nothing you can do to change the past, look ahead and focus on what is now. I have regional myofacial pain syndrome which has taken my strength away (mainly upper body strength) and meds dont help. i actually felt worse while on all the meds the doc had me on so i stopped them all. we struggle financially since i am unable to work a full time job and am limited to what i can handle part time. everytime we turn around we have to spend money on something. But we make do with what we have. My husband loves me very much and spoils the crap out of me (when i let him.) My daughter is a very good kid and am very blessed to have her since i am unable to have any more children. ( i was meant to only have 1 child anyhow) I have a nice house with a decent size yard that most ppl i know dont have (even tho i cant wait to have lots of acreage and horses!!)<<<----the kid just cam out of me did you catch that? I am thankful for what i do have, and i try my hardest not to focus on what i dont have...because things could be worse!!
P.S. just figured i would thro this in there....i also am blessed with a mother in law that i get along with....go ahead...be jealous.

Quick Reply: ? Are you Happy with your Life ?