Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are you a FREAK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Default RE: Are you a FREAK?

Ok, I'm the one that voted that the dirt keeps my cars together. This might be true for my truck and the 99 MC, because I'm trying to let the truck go to s##t so I can get a Chevy. (I told my wife I'll get a new one when the wheels fall off of this one, so that's why I don't wash it much, LOL). The 99 is the car my wife drives, the only time it gets washed is when I run it through the car wash (too much trouble for her, I guess, LOL). Even with this, the car is in excellent shape, just starting to see a little rust by the rear wheel wells.
As for the 06, it is living under a cover in the garage for the winter, but I do spend 6 or more hours per week keeping it clean in the good weather, and I did clean it with the California duster (my brother calls this a who*e bath, LOL) after I drove it last week, and before I put the cover back on.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

I have my car hand washed by Joe or his lil' sis' Brandy at Sturgis Auto Bath every Friday. Between working 10-11 hrs a day and the 2 hrs a day commuting, I just don't have it in me to do that. So my Intimidator isn't very clean most of the time, but it usually looks good for the weekend. Can't drive 100+ mi a day and have a clean car all the time.
Yeah you Kalamazoo boys are always tough on your cars! that why us Detroit boyz have to come show you how its done!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM

well lets out it this way, it was bout 3 degrees f last nite when a buddy of mine and i washed our cars (he has an eclipse) and we spent bout 3 hours between the both of them, if it was warm we would have done more and we dont shine the tires in winter round here cuz of well salt and snow of course and in the summer i can spend 3 hours on my car alone, and thankffully in summer i only have to wash it once a week but winter its at least twice

Old 01-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

LOL! My family thinks I'm nuts when I wash my car in 50 degree weather.

My pals on MCF think that 50 degrees is t-shirt weather while we wear parkas out here.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah. 50 degrees is sounding pretty good right about now.
Got the car washed yesterday just before it turned really windy and cold.
All the salt on the car was bugging the heck out of me.
Now I got a very cold, very clean car.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 PM

I'm cleaning it the best I can, right now, but the weather isn't the best "Detailing" weather in Mid-January ... just outside of Boston. We had a mild day last week and I got to hook-up the hose and was it. I'm garage-less at the moment until my daughter get her stuff moved into her new apartment. That means I'm doing what I can until the weather gets better ... then, ... my cumulative hours of cleaning and pimping are going to increase ... Big Time!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

50 degrees would be a heat wave around here right now.

I've heard the weathepeople are saying ZERO for daytime highs this coming week.

I know it's going to be mighty cold driving my g/f's '94 Sundance to work at 3am. The heater doesn't exactly work good. The PO's must have dumped a bunch of stop leak in the radiator trying to clog up the blown head gasket when they owned it and it collected in the heater core. Change the heater core you say? Okay but the dash comes out to get to it. I mean it comes out of the car. Not a 1/2 a day project.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

LOL! Yeah, I wear a shirt and shorts most of the time over 50.

I put on a long sleeve t shirt below 50 with my shorts.

I don't wear pants unless it snows.

Most of my friends and family want to have me committed.

I tell them that they have no clue what cold is.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:54 PM

All I want is to be able to get water to flow through the frozen garden hose.
After I unroll it and get the kinks out ...
After I find it under the snow banks outside ...

But, I will say this, right now, for All Monte Carlo Nation ...

My Monte Carlo will be one shining and pimp-detailed-out machine, soon ...

As soon as the snow melts and I can find the hose!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM

50? there is weather that is that warm? damn its like -2 right now here, -30 with wind chill and i havent put the carharts on yet... if it drops below -5 or -6 ill put the carharts on

Quick Reply: Are you a FREAK?