Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are you a FREAK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Are you a FREAK?

By now, everyone knows I am a Freak about keeping my car looking nice. I spend more time on my Black car because it shows everything!!! So Rinsing her off, drying her, and put a coat of finish detail takes 30-minutes a day, and the weekend, a thorough washing, cleaning, glazing/seal, waxing, and top coat. 2-3-hrs., or 5-6-hours. If it snows or salt is on the car, add another 1-hour a week.

If the car was white... it would still look like glass, but, I wouldn't have to wash the car EVERY DAY! Probably, every 2-3 days, but salt on black SHOWS UP real clearly!!!

So how much time do you spend?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Are you a FREAK?

Are you a FREAK?

No. I'm a psycho. About keeping my car(s) clean.

Ever hand washed your car in january outside? I have.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

You got me... inside a garage... YES... Outside in 30° or less.. NO WAY! Frozen Locks, Windows, and more importantly ME!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 PM

About an hour for me, usually depends on the weather, cold weather like this and the water freezes before it hits the car.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 PM

I will wash it outside(unless it is way below freezing),then pull it in the garage,fire up the garage heater,and spend the next several hours detailing it.I only spend time on it on weekends or days off though.

We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday,and my car is filthy now,so my Saturday afternoon is pretty well planned at this point.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:49 PM

[align=center]Yes `Craig, I'm a freak of nature.4-$ure : )[/align][align=center]I think from Cyber `Space : )[/align][align=center]I don't have my 86SS yet, but I have the keys[/align][align=center]to the garage where it is kept : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I detail it every week and have put a cover over it.[/align][align=center]I've cleaned/waxed everything on the car, dressed all the[/align][align=center]rubber/plastic parts. Put the car on stands and[/align][align=center]cleaned everything under the car : ) Engine Bay : )[/align][align=center]I am a certified car `nut 4-$ure.[/align][align=center]I can't wait for the probate courts to release the t i t -le.[/align][align=center]Now, I just sit in it like a little kid and pretend I'm driv'in : )[/align][align=center]Ok, I make motor sounds : )[/align][align=center]No, I don't bring my blow up doll with me: )[/align][align=center]You've made another greatthread that will be interesting to see what[/align][align=center]our Monte Carlo Forum member's post.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A super clean Monte Carlo, is a Super Happy Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align]

Old 01-18-2008, 03:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Heck yes, I am a freak.

Being an outside car, I have to keep it washed weekly and waxed montly.

44K miles a 18 months later, it is still in show room conditon.

Best mintlooking 44k mile engine compartment in my business complex.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wasn't a freak about cleaning my car until I bought my Monte. Before that, a trip through the touchless car wash when the car was fairly dirty was good enough.

But now, I maintain the exterior and interior myself regularly. Including applying leather conditioner to the seats when needed. I'm not a the level of Craig...........yet. LOL.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I've hand washed her '81 and my '86 Montes in january before......... outside.

I'm sure a lot of us have washed our cars right before it rained that day. I did it even thought it was obvious rain was coming. I wanted the car clean even if it was for only a few hours.

Some of the vehicles my parents have owned my father's asked me to wash them right before he traded them in on their new car(s). This included winter weather conditions.

It used to be I'd get home from a car show and clean my car. I knew people had touched it and I wanted their germs off.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I have my car hand washed by Joe or his lil' sis' Brandy at Sturgis Auto Bath every Friday. Between working 10-11 hrs a day and the 2 hrs a day commuting, I just don't have it in me to do that. So my Intimidator isn't very clean most of the time, but it usually looks good for the weekend. Can't drive 100+ mi a day and have a clean car all the time.

Quick Reply: Are you a FREAK?