Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- Are you Closed-Minded ?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Are you Closed-Minded ?

[align=center]Are you closed-minded ? Is it your way or the highway ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you firmly believe everything that you were taught ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you ever change your Mind ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think you have ever been brained-washed ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you ever challenge your belief's ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Will you always drive a Chevrolet or GM Product ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Why do you think the way you do ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]What came first, the chicken or the egg ? [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]close-mind·ed (klsmndd, klz-) or closed-mind·ed (klzd-) [/align][align=center]adj.
Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
close-minded·ness n.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]close-minded - not ready to receive to new ideas [/align][align=center]closed-minded[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]narrow-minded, narrow - lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. - Dale Carnegie[/align][align=center]Howcan you intelligently deal with peoplewho are close-minded, totally stubborn in their beliefs and unreceptive to new ideas? Perhaps youfeel certain you’re right and they’rewrong, but you can’t seem to convince them to see things your way. And maybe you are in fact right, but that doesn’t prevent the other person from resorting to irrational arguments to keep from agreeing with you. What can you do in such situations?[/align][align=center]I’d like you to consider this challenge from an angle you may not have considered.[/align][align=center][b]When youencounter people who are very close-mind

Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: - Are you Closed-Minded ?

Here you go Space, here is my open mind.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1368/57A4A73DA8F44BDEB836AEF8D5776D57.gif[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 PM

...But hopefully not too open-minded!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1368/AD689C3A10D54880BED7FBB20536E3AD.gif[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2007, 01:25 PM

GP `Dave, you are a better searcher then I : )
I was looking for a picture like that, but could not find.
Do you find that there are more opened minded people in your life, or
close minded people ?
Thanks for your open-mind post : )
That's a kewl picture....The human mind computer is so amazing.
I'll keep an open mind about `it.
~ Peace/Happiness to the reader ~
`Space

Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM

Space,

In my personal life, I am around many open-minded people. My entire family revolves around the 'church' lifestyle. I am not the black sheep of the family, but more of a dark brown sheep.

I know that many people think that believers are more 'close-minded,' but the truth is that manyreligious peopleput their eggs into "God's" basket.

Whenbelievers choose to let God runtheir life, outsiders tend to see this and mis-intrepet it as a intolerance. It is very difficult to explain, but to each other,believers come across as very flexible and 'open-minded.'

Of course there are the truly intolerant extremists that ruin it for everyone.

In my business life, there are more so-called 'close-minded' people. I try to sell them what they need, but they insist on buying what they want. And many times what they want is not what they need.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I'm open minded. But the design of some of the newest GM products has me wondering about what the designers were thinking.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used to be a very open minded person.

But then there were government cutbacks.

Now I'm closed minded.