Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!

As everybody around me was sliding off the road of ice, Black Attack held the road as if I were on DRY pavement. I seriously did not know there was a problem until I parked my car, step out and slid 20-feet down a grade, because my shoes couldn't grip the pavement. Then I watched one of our employees slide into a $50,000 Custom Avalanche, another employee slide over the curb and into the fire hydrant, then another truck smack the same Avalanche,

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Default RE: YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!

wow...im glad u didnt ruin ur car! what does the dealership do about an accident like that?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Experience tells me, repair it and forget about it -- oh.. that means failing to tell the customer too...

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM

I've had similar experience with Maddy on several occassions. Once, I was driving cross-country through a blizzard (hadlittle choice) and didn't know it was all that bad till I was stopped in a little podunk town and forced to spend the night because the state police had all roads out blocked due to poor road conditions. Maddy was just cruising along, no problem.
I lived in north Iowa for two winters and had the same kind of deal - people with their 4x4s stuck or sliding into things, me and Maddy without a single issue. This car is awesome on snow and ice.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 AM

yall are lucky my car dont drive on bad roads for nothing traction control or not it just either spins or slides

Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 AM

hmm go figure...no offense dude but i dont like car dealers all that much, they always seem to try and screw ya

Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM

[align=center]`Craig, it sounds like a Demolition Derby[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]at your dealership[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Glad that your Monte wasn't hurt.....[/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This will be my first winter with the monte. Last night with all the ice on the roads, I slid as I was turning the corner infront of my house. Thought for sure the driver's side front wheel was curb bound. But driver's ed taining kicked in and I kept steering the wheels in the direction I wanted to go and let off the gas. Finally the tires hit a bare spot with only a few inches to spare, and sent my car in the other direction toward a parked pickup on the other side of the street. Same deal there. Re-gained traction with inches to spare. After that, I parked the car and decided no more driving until the roads are salted.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, better you then me buddy. You can keep the ice.

Last winter I got caught in an ice storm on the way home. The Monte held the road like it was all wheel drive.
Or better!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Wow, you guys that are having issues in the snow need to either get different tires or slow down a hair. Never had any issues with my 99, even in snow up to 8" deep.When we get more than that (lake effect in Northeast Ohio) we just stay home. Our lives aren't worth the lost pay. Roxanne (06) isn't going out in the snow and ice this year. (Knock on wood).

Quick Reply: YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!