Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Xbox 360 died... get another one or PS3? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/xbox-360-died-get-another-one-ps3-27090/)

Cowboy6622 03-27-2011 10:24 PM

well being in a dorm we found an RA and swappedc ables and hard drive... that wasn't it. must be something internal. $100 to go to Microsoft so I might just do that.... odn't really feel like paying waht Microsoft wants for a slim or an elite.... then the stuff on craigslist is either stolen, or been mickey moused, or about to break because the owner knows it keeps freezing up.... soooooo

Nocturnx 03-29-2011 11:24 AM

I'm on my 4th 360, I keep sending it in under warranty with the 3 red lights and they keep sending me a refurb. It's an endless cycle. I do play the 360 a lot more than the ps3 though. All of my friends are on 360 and the online is better. Most multi-console games just play better on the 360 too. The ps3 has a blu-ray player. It would be difficult to choose between them, get both :)

SickParadox 03-29-2011 03:05 PM

I have a 360 and a PS3. I find that I play my 360 more then I do my PS3. I use my PS3 as a blu-ray player in the bedroom. I personally like the 360 because of the controller and Xbox live. Plus I have way more friends playing 360 than PS3. I have changed out my 360 six different times from being either RROD or just to upgrade. I currently have the Newer "slim" model which is way better than the older ones. It runs really quiet and all around functions better. If I were you I would just buy a new model instead of chancing another old one. I used to work at GameStop and it is a real shot in the dark that you are going to get a good used system and I would not trust their refurbished ones. I saw way to many mistakes come out of their refurbishing center.

P.S. I am Also going to go pickup Nascar the Game 2011 after work. Its about time they make a decent Nascar game again.

monte07 03-29-2011 05:21 PM

i have a ps3 the reason why i got it is i was thinking on getting a blue ray player as well as there were some games that i liked for the ps3 only like killzone 2 and 3. pluse you can get a 1 terobite hard drive for it and not have to worrie about free space when watching movies or playing games

monte07 03-29-2011 05:22 PM

on the brite side i never hade a problem with mine since i got it two years ago

Cowboy6622 03-30-2011 08:25 AM

I can send it in for $100... don't know what I'm going to do to be honest. A guy on craigslist is offering like $40 for my old one broken.... I just don't know, haha. The slim is about $100 more than I think it is worth too really. Well, decisions decisions.

Cowboy6622 03-30-2011 01:23 PM

Anyone out there playing NASCAR The Game 2011? I hear mixed reviews... some say it's great, some say it's kind of arcade like. I noticed hwen I was watching the videos, especially Bristol, it lookred really arcade like... I'm more of a simulator guy. How is it?

red04montels 03-30-2011 01:51 PM

i got the 3rd ps3 sold at our best buy here in town on its first release.

no problems yet, aka get a ps3 haha