Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> X-Box ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > X-Box ?

Hi Member's,
I've never had any game machines/devices & I know several of our MCF Member's have them (?) What do you think of the below ? Does anyone have the below ? If so, please post if you like it & what you have from the below options...

I think it would be a great holiday present for someone, or me
====================================
See the Xbox 360 Entertainment Offerings - Xbox.com
Source link above Click above link
=====================================

Look forward to your posts/experience on the Xbox or other systems that you have....Thanks

<!--INSTALL jquery COLORBOX PLUGIN--><!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------><!--------------------------------------------------------INSTANTIATE COLORBOX-------------------------------------------------------><!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------><!--Instantiate jQuery COLORBOX plugin on document load-->Get Xbox 360 for as low as $99 Learn More
Introducing the new entertainment experience from Xbox

<!-- video -->

All XboxMusicMovies & TVGamesFitnessSportsHoliday

Entertainment is More Amazing with Xbox

Movies & TV that Go With You

Easily find all the movies and TV you love and control with tablet/smartphone or take it with you on the go.<SUP>1</SUP>
Learn More
New Ways to Enjoy Music

Enjoy the music you love on your TV, tablet, or smartphone.<SUP>6</SUP> From music videos to artist-based radio – your music, your way.
Learn More
Your New Home for Sports

Xbox brings your favorite sports together, and gives you exclusive features that transform an ordinary game into an extraordinary experience.
Learn More
The Biggest Blockbusters

Discover a variety of the best games to suit everyone, Plus with Kinect and your controller, there are no limits to the ways you can play.
Learn More
The Future of Fitness

Whatever your level, whatever your goal, with Nike+ Kinect Training you can now experience personal training, at home. Using real time feedback and elite level coaching, Nike+ Kinect Training delivers a personalized program that evolves as you do.
Learn More
Bring the Web to Life on Your TV

Explore the web on your TV with Internet Explorer for Xbox. Use your voice to browse your favorite sites with ease.<SUP>2</SUP> Even use Xbox SmartGlass<SUP>3</SUP> on your phone or tablet to control your experience.
<!-- Learn More-->

It's More Interactive with Xbox

Better with Kinect

With Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller. There’s nothing to hold and you can get your whole body in the game. Plus, Kinect lets you control HD movies, TV and sports with your voice. Entertainment is more amazing with Xbox.<SUP>2</SUP>
Learn More
It's More Amazing with Xbox SmartGlass

Xbox SmartGlass lets you use your phone or tablet as a second screen with your Xbox 360 for an enhanced entertainment experience. With SmartGlass, your devices work together to show rich interactive activities and new content related to what you’re watching or playing on TV at the moment.<SUP>3</SUP>
Learn More

Discover the Bundle That's Right For You

Entertainment for All Plan

Enjoy amazing entertainment with your favorite games, movies and TV shows on an Xbox 360 console with Kinect— for as low as $99 with 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Membership at $14.99/month.<SUP>4</SUP>
Learn More
250GB Kinect Holiday Value Bundle

Unwrap smiles this holiday with $50 off a 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle. Kinect lets you use your body to play games and control HD movies and sports with your voice.<SUP>2</SUP> Also, get 250GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, and these three great games: Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures.<SUP>5</SUP>
Buy Now at the Microsoft Store
Find other retailers

All XboxMusicMovies & TVGamesFitnessSportsHoliday

<SUP>1</SUP>Coming Holiday 2012. Requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately). Second screen control also requires compatible devices with Xbox SmartGlass. See xbox.com/live. The Bourne Legacy (PG-13) available this holiday on Xbox Video. © 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
<SUP>2</SUP>Xbox LIVE Gold membership and/or other subscriptions and requirements apply for some Xbox LIVE features. Kinect functionality and voice search available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature, provider, and region. See xbox.com/live. Games, add-ons and media content sold separately. Some games may require a hard drive, sold separately. Look for Kinect enabled games and features.
<SUP>3</SUP>Coming Holiday 2012. Xbox SmartGlass is available with select games and Xbox LIVE content and requires internet connectivity and compatible devices. Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately) also required for some content and Xbox SmartGlass features. Available Xbox SmartGlass features vary by device. See xbox.com/live.
<SUP>4</SUP>Applicable taxes extra. Early termination fee and other restrictions apply. See retailer/web site for offer terms. Prices are Estimated Retail Prices. Actual retailer prices may vary. Additional fees and/or requirements apply for some Xbox LIVE features. See xbox.com/live. Not all Xbox LIVE content is Kinect enabled. See xbox.com/live.
<SUP>5</SUP>Games inside marked packages, while supplies last. Download Dance Central 2 with Xbox LIVE.
<SUP>6</SUP> Compatible devices and internet required; ISP fees apply. On TV, Xbox Music is streaming only and requires an Xbox 360 console and additional subscriptions (each sold separately). Available Xbox Music features and content may vary over time. See xbox.com/music.

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a decent deal, but most likely the new system is coming next year.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 AM

Hi `Mike & thanks for your post...There always seems to be something new coming next year or next month (LOL)...

I WANT IT NOW GENERATION ~> lol

So it would be like the day I got it ? It would already be out-dated (LOL)

I'm afraid `if I had a game system like above that I'd be addicted 4-Sure...But they sure look like they would be a lot of fun...I would love to try the new racing games...

Thanks again for your post + all your helpful posts to member's

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The 360 has had a very long run, so the options to play would be there.

It's not TERRIBLE. But if you want the newest it isn't worth jumping on a deal like that

Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
The 360 has had a very long run, so the options to play would be there.

It's not TERRIBLE. But if you want the newest it isn't worth jumping on a deal like that

Thanks `Mike for sharing your knowledge The Bum's & I were talking about getting a system, but I will do more research...Bum `Mike said it would be best to wait until after the holidays for a better deal ? I don't know `if that's true or not ?

I hope other member's post their preference and share their experience knowledge on gaming...It just looks like a lot of super fun 4-Sure....

OK, whose next ? Who are our MCF Gamer's...
One thing I like about the above is that it states that you can play others from around the world (?) and we can race each other member's that are on the MCF ? & find out whose the best ?? LOL

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM

I've had an xbox for a few years now and i think it's great. There are some good games and yes you can play others on the internet if you have xbox live which you have to buy seperately and isn't free. If you have the money to buy the games, you won't be bored for long

Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive had mine for a few years aswell i play a few games on it but havnt really in awhile

Old 11-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS
I've had an xbox for a few years now and i think it's great. There are some good games and yes you can play others on the internet if you have xbox live which you have to buy seperately and isn't free. If you have the money to buy the games, you won't be bored for long

Hi `Jordan & thanks for your post/words. Yes, I noticed it's about $15 a month to play online, but there's 5 beachbum friends that I'd share the cost with `if I get one this year..

I've never really got bored in my life & have always found something to `do that I like...Since we got connected to the Web, I've never got bored...I love searching the web & learning about so many different things..Somethings I didn't want to learn about also (LOL)...I'm constantly amazed 4-Sure...

I'm just afraid I'd get addicted to racing games...I wish I could race live on the track, but it sure is cheaper racing online...How's life in your area ? Do you graduate next year ? Good to see you posts.
Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 11-10-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I've had mine for a few years... I used to play a lot more in high school, my friends and I would usually play after football practice for a couple hours every night That was back when I had little to no homework, didn't work as much, and didn't have bills lol.

Now that I'm in college I just don't seem to have the time for it. I just noticed last month my gold membership renewed. Set me back about $60.. Totally forgot about the automatic renewal, I suppose I should probably enjoy it when I get time lol. And the games are usually too expensive for me to buy them new, so by the time the prices come down a little, my friends are already on to a different/newer game lol. I'm sure I'll play some Forza over winter break though

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 11-09-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Thanks `Justin for your post. I know that I haven't had the time to play, but hope to in my future. I'd love to play the Fonza games & it sure looks like a lot of fun...Now my fun is the MCF ...I've been working double night shifts for close to 2 years paying for college etc, but I will go on a more normal shift after the first of next month...

I hope college is going good for you & I hope you get time to get back play'in some games & having some fun

Peace/Out from `Space

Quick Reply: > X-Box ?