Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WOW 47 years & counting :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Congratulations Rick to you & your wife...She must be a Saint 4-Sure...You both have so much to be thankful for & to celebrate...I wish you both many more happy years together.

Thanks Space. Do you know how many times in 47 that I've heard hat my wife must be a Saint. For putting up with me all these yrs. As you know I've rode with some HARD CORE Bikers. And they use to say the same thing to me. Like what am I chopped liver But it's all GD....... Were like everyone else we have our ups & downs. Its only human. But like I said to her & my so called friends. "I'm a WORK in progress"

Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, congrats Rick, you have 29 on me. Most people just don't try any more and and it is too easy to get a divorce. Marriage is not easy at times but there must have been a reason at one point that you wanted to get married. Every one has ups and downs and as you said, it can make the relationship stronger. Now look at me, I am acting like I have some of Space's wisdom....

Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Congrats Mr and Mrs Rick !!!!

Thats Friggn awesome!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Rick.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats to you and the little lady, Rick!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

47 years and she hasn't shot you yet? Man, that's pretty good!!!! Please, tell me your secret for finding such women!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
47 years and she hasn't shot you yet? Man, that's pretty good!!!! Please, tell me your secret for finding such women!
The secret to finding a good women for me was.....

I stopped looking!

Thats when fate steps in!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 AM

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Thanks Space. Do you know how many times in 47 that I've heard hat my wife must be a Saint. For putting up with me all these yrs. As you know I've rode with some HARD CORE Bikers. And they use to say the same thing to me. Like what am I chopped liver But it's all GD....... Were like everyone else we have our ups & downs. Its only human. But like I said to her & my so called friends. "I'm a WORK in progress"

LoL `Rick, I am only forming my opinion on what you have revealed to your Monte Carlo Family...Almost half a century is a massive accomplishment in 2days marriages 4-Sure..

Divorce rate in the USA is over 50% & it's great that you've beat the odds. I've been with my g/f since I've been 5 years old & I hope that I have a successful marriage as long as you.

I wish you another 47 years or eternity 2gether
EnJoy your `Journey 2gether & `be happy 2 `be 4-Sure
p.s. I will be check'in back LOL

Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Thanks everyone: For all the GOOD wishes . Met her when i got home from the Navy. I was on my way to see a good friend who is now married to my sister. But as I passed her house. I saw her sitting on her steps. Looked at her out of the side of my face. Saying WOW! A block away another friend saw me and picked me up. Told me about these 3 girls walking by his work. I told him I wanted to go see this girl i saw. Lo and behold it was the same girl. We stopped the car and I got out and talked to them. Got them in the car and took off for one of their houses. Talked to her for about 2 hrs. John got all pissy and went home. So i ended up walking her home. And we've been together ever since. Its a story right out the 60's. Tight pants , points a.k.a. ( shoes) t shirt rolled up sleeve's hair slicked back. By the way the young girls name is Carmen.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
By the way the young girls name is Carmen.

I think Carmen wanted a CarMan & also got herself a BikeMan 4-Sure....

Hi `Rick & thanks for sharing the name Carmen.
carman [ˈkɑːmən]
n pl -men 1. a man who drives a car (or a Super Chevelle S.S. & a Monte Carlo S.S.
Carmen is a unisex given name that represents two names taken as one. Its first (and original) root is Italian and Spanish, used as a diminutive nickname for Carmel and Carmelo (respectively), from Hebrew karmel, "God's vineyard." The second (and more recent) origin is from Latin carmen, which means "song," "tune," or "poem" and is also the root of the English word charm. The name of the Roman Goddess Carmenta based on this root comes from the purely Latin origin. While in English the name is unisex, in Italian and in Spanish it is generally female.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_(name)

Quick Reply: WOW 47 years & counting :)