Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Wooo hooo!! 2 years & counting

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Talking Wooo hooo!! 2 years & counting

So I just realized that today is May 21, 2010 & that means that we have officially owned the Monte Carlo for 2 years!!! Although I didn't actually know we had the Monte Carlo until like the 28ish but whatever I'm counting the 21st as 2 years i wish i wasn't lazy bcuz i'd go dig through my external harddrive upstairs to see if i have any pics of the monte the first day i got her but i doubt i do since it was gloomy & rainy, just like today oh well even though its rainy i'll prob still wash her today lol hopefully it'll dry up here during the afternoon bcuz i was gonna take her to the drag strip & race her down it a few times

But anyway, she was bone stock when I got her with only 18,300ish miles on her. Paid a pretty penny for her but it has soooo been worth it! & someday i'll find someway to repay my parents for it. & I've had people asked why my parents got me such a nice & expensive car well here's the reason: it was pretty much for being an A student all my life, never got in trouble, never really went out to hard core party anywhere, & it was kind of an early graduation present i guess you could say.

So here is a couple pics that I have before the mods on her. Not sure when these were taken but they were prob around the year mark last year bcuz i was still in school according to the first pic & we had just moved to Wentzville in the 2nd pic

& here are some from present day. I would take some pics of it right now but she's a mess from driving in the rain lol me & the bestie are suppose to have a photoshoot of the happy couple (the monte & the stang) sometime this week when it gets sunny again

Okay I swear I'm almost done lol one last thing
Mods so far (in order i think lol):
--K&N air filter, red stripe, red calipers, License plate filler, Funny mirror phrase, Dale Earnhardt Dealership side emblems, Intimidator trunk badge, Silver Monte Carlo trunk badge, Tinted windows, L67-3.8L badge, GM Performance badge, Repainted superchager cover, Silver brace bars, Signature decal on plate filler, Legacy decals, New front bumper Knight emblem, Intimidator windshield banner....I think that's it lol

Future mod ideas (hopefully):
-Exterior: roof rails, lowering springs (once its not a daily driver), darker tint (once its not a daily driver), Dale Earnhardt Jr Monte Carlo Edition wheels, lightly tinted heads, tails, fogs, brake, & reverse lights, drilled & slotted rotors
-Interior: black/silver interior, custom made carpet mats, custom made headrests, custom made summer seatcovers, steering wheel cover, LED interior lights
-Performance: intercooler system (& supporting mods), smaller pulley & belt for supercharger, FWI, Magnaflow exhaust system, 3' downpipe, P-logs, front & rear STB bar & brackets (painted silver), & eventually down the road new cam, new cylinder heads & all that fun internal engine stuff
-Misc: custom trunk panel, underhood panel, painted supercharger, painted alternator, colored spark plug wires, valve cover overlays, Supercharged-L67 oil cap, LED underhood lights

Hmm thats all I can think of for future mods...obviously I'm gonna be working on this car for a mighty long time lol but it'll be fun & worth it alright well I'm done with my lil party rant, thanks for looking

Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Wow. Time sure does fly.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yes, it sure does. Kinda scary sometimes ya know

Old 05-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Hi `Brittany,
You are so lucky/fortunate to have owned such a beautiful
SuperSuper Monte Carlo for two years & counting.
Your posts and words reflects your love & care for
your Monte...I sure wish I had it for two years, but
I'd be SuperSuper `happy to be able to just
drive it for a `day
Wish you many more years of happy/safe ownership.
EnJoy your `Journey, and I believe it is so much
better in a AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo
4-Real ~>Sure
EnJoy

Old 05-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW MONDAY THE 20th IS ME AND MY MONTE'S 5 MONTH ANNIVERSARY TOGETHER
WOW TIME GOES BY FAST IN A MONTE CARLO!! SO MANY MODS SO LITTLE TIME!! LOL
CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS !! SHE LOOKS JUST PREFECT !!

Last edited by Blazed SS; 05-21-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Congrats on the "re-birthday" for your Monte. Been right near 10 months for mine.

Out of curiosity were you a big Earnhardt fan before you got your Monte or did your car make you an Earnhardt fan???

Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember both days I got my Montes. The 05 I have just owned a little over 1 year - bought it and picked it up on Feb 12th 2009.
I totally remember the day I took delivery of the 03. I remember my sales lady at Latoff Chevy in Arlington Hts IL called me the Wed before Thanksgiving 2002 to tell me the car came in (I special ordered it about the last week in Oct and it only took like 5 weeks to arrive). I sooo wanted to pick it up that night, but I couldn't get to the bank before it closed. So it was agony waiting 1.5 more days. I had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving half day so I raced home (in my 2000 GTP Daytona 500 edition that I gave up for my Monte) and off to the dealership my dad and I went. There he was, inside in the service area with about a dozen balloons floating around inside LOL!
These were taken shortly there after picking Precious up:

Sorry for overtaking this thread.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:39 PM

Got my '03 on august 17th last year and have pretty well blew my budget on it. just finished putting the SLP on about 3 hours ago and i love it so far, i mean its been 3 hours and only drove home from work with it. the true test will be driving 3 hours north on sunday and 3 hours home monday.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanks Brittany, Amy, Member's for sharing/posting...
EnJoyed seeing/reading 4-Sure....Great `Thread

"What we `do for the Love of a car called the MonteCarlo" WoW, it's an addiction : )

Old 05-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brittany, I'm glad you've become such an integral part of the MCF family. We're almost always sure to get a livelt response on many of the threads that go thru this forum.
You have such a GREAT DE tribute car. Glad you've still have that fondness for your car and the MCF family.

I had my previous '01 MC SS LE for over 2 years, and I've driven the Rock'n Intimidator SS for almost 4 1/2 years now, 132K mi.

Quick Reply: Wooo hooo!! 2 years & counting