Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why space why!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I too have become a fan of Kia (& Hyundai). I'd drive an Optima (although I hate the name).
My friend drives an Optima because he got it cheap and needed a car to drive from Virginia to my place on weekends for 4 months (and because he needed a car in general). He went through 2 batteries, said oil changes were completely complicated for no reason (just trying to reach things) The car just had a lot of issues.

The day I needed to jump him, even the stupid battery terminals were cramped in the car and designed in a dumb way. I even had to remove the engine cover (6 bolts) just to find the ground for the neg cable.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Hi Mod `Mike,
I've heard that same thing about the older KIA's, but I believe that they are growing and improving every year...
My grandfather hates the KIA initials & it reminds him every time he see's one (Killed In Action ) I think it's because of his bad VietNam experience.

I think American Companies can learn from their competitor's 4-Sure...They are gettting a good share in the auto industry..
Yes, it is a Global Economy 4-Real...We must & I hope getting our Companies more competitive for the competition...
Is there any American Companies giving a Warranty of 100K & 10 Years ? We should, shouldn't we ?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 AM

i like the new hyundai and kia looks but the only thing that stoped me on getting one is it doesent hane a chevy or ford emblem even though it is made in amarica with a korean emblems on them

Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM

i agree with you space about the warrenty the 10 year or 100k mile bumper to bumper warrenty that hyundai and kia offers no one else offers that cheve offers 100k powertrain thats it same way with ford. i forgot some where i read i think when i was working for the cheve ford dealer that they are going to change the 100k warrenty to the same type that kia and hyundai has to give more asentive for them as well for people to get there cars. i think it is a slow proccess because chevy and ford took a while to get the 100k mile power train warrenty

Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
even though it is made in amarica with a korean emblems on them
It's assembled in American with Korean made parts. It's basically just an Ikea job. They ship the package and it's just put together here.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
It's assembled in American with Korean made parts. It's basically just an Ikea job. They ship the package and it's just put together here.

LOL `Mike ~> LOL that was funny 2 `me : )
So `if the parts fall `off It's the Americans that builts them ~>fault On `NO
Sorry Warranty Claim denied It was the fault of the assembler's We warrant the parts, not `if the fall `off : )
======================================
Hi John, GM offered a 100K , but I think it was for only 5 years. Thanks for your contributions...

Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM

15 Year Member

I'm sure there are catches to the 10 year 100k warranty. You figure you might have to have a KIA dealership do EVERYTHING maintenance wise for the car and that alone can get very expensive just to have the powertrain warrantied. That's probably how they are able to offer it.

I'm sorry sir, 8 years ago you had a problem with your car and changed the oil yourself, we can't accept the warranty.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Yugo was crashed, actually. 'Space was in a hurry with it one night and here is what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9nMDzam-n4&feature=fvw

Now if you think you can save it, you're welcome to go in there and get it..

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
The Yugo was crashed, actually. 'Space was in a hurry with it one night and here is what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9nMDzam-n4&feature=fvw

Now if you think you can save it, you're welcome to go in there and get it..

LOL `Duane, that was funny 4-Sure...Sorry I wrecked our Go 4 Beer U`Go : ) LOL...I really needed a laugh...I've been trying to catch up on PM's & Mail : ( + pay my bills....
Hope U EnJoy the Race 2night & look 4ward to your post about it...Thanks 4 the Laughs 4 -Sure...
=======================================
Oh, Thanks `Brent 4 putt'in it in HIGH gear & kick'in In your SuperCharger to visit Planet`Space : ) LOL He delievered `BUD ~* LOL ~WOW

Now, that's a Smok'in Pic 4-Sure...Looks like it belongs on Planet `Space
...It's a Out of this World type of Monte Carlo It Zoooooooom's `High & Fast @ Cyber Speeds : )

Attached Thumbnails Why space why!!!!-brentvisit.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-12-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I really like the looks of it. I'd drive it 4~Sure!!!

Quick Reply: Why space why!!!!