Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why I Dislike Wal-Mart Reason #103

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why I Dislike Wal-Mart Reason #103

Our local WAlly World, the people (all women) who work in the Pharmacy are all creeps. No matter how long you stand there they ignore you. It's nothing to stand at the counter picking up pills for 25 minutes and you're the only one there.

My g/f Deb had surgery this morning and they gave her a prescription for pain pills. On the way home from the hospital I told her I'd drop the prescription off and go back over later to get it. Took the prescription in, girl said "25 minutes." (meaning 75 minutes in Wal-Mart lingo)

I drove Deb home. Got her comfortable. About an hour later Idrove back to Wally World to get the pils and lunch while I was out.

Go inside, walkup to the pharmacy counter and there's two women ahead of me. That's fine. First woman finishes and walks off. Woman #2not only has to talk withthe girl helping out the phamacist, but theemployee helping this same woman has to stop to let the guy behind the counter who's brought in refills, answer the phone, and get in on the conversationwoman #2 and other employee are having.

Meanwhile my g/f is back home possibly in pain but I'm stuck waiting in the pharmacy line at Wally World.

This place always has at least 4 employees in the pharmacy. But only 1 of them works the check out. And there is ALWAYS a line at the pharmacy. ALWAYS!

What the billion dollars Wal-Mart cleared last year wasn't enough to hire check out person #2 at my local store?

Sorry for ranting.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Why I Dislike Wal-Mart Reason #103

[align=center]Hi RJ,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that your girl friend has a fast recovery, & I hope that the pain pills help.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think you should take one of her[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]- PILL's[/align][align=center]Oh, and save one for your next `trip to Walmart : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]RJ, wish you better days, & a `Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I had a Rx refilled, took it in on a Friday, went back on a Tuesday to pick it up only to find it was out of stock. They had from Friday - Tuesday and they couldn't CALL me to tell me so I might could go somewhere else.
The line is always a mile long.
Hope your girl friend has a speedy recovery.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:52 PM

I will never shop at Wal-Mart not even if you pay me. parking sucks, lines suck, quality/quantity sucks. Sure things may be a little cheaper but not worth it. I banned that store years ago.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

RJ,

I learned this back in the days when I was tournament fishing, and I can promise you it works! It doesn't matter where you go,it works!

When I go to the store I think in my mind, everything I want will be there and easily seen. I also think that when I get ready to the check out, I'll find a linewhere I am the next customer and it will be quick and easy. The thing is I just don't think it... I think it and truly expect it will happen, I get almost c-o-c-k-y with confidence, and you know, everytime I think that way it works!

Now there are times I forget to thnk that way, and I get caught, but it is not that often I forget to think that way. Because the first thought I have is that I am going to find my parking space and I do that too! Which with the Monte that is kind of easy, because I park outin the last parking space, but it works when I drive my wife's car or when I had my old Honda.

I learned it at a work seminar back in the early 1990's,called "The Power of Positive Thinking!" For little things like what we are talking it worksinstantly. For bigger things, it can happen immediately, other times it takes a little time. But ever since I have learned it, I apply it for everything and as long as I stay focused, it works!

Think it! Expect it! Be 100% Confident it will happen! and it will, everytime!

Now that I think about it, I should apply it 100% of the time,for everything 100% of the time! Hmmmmmm!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hm.. intersting philosophy there Craig....

our local wal mart (being hte one in Oxford) isn't so bad.... the SuperCenter in Henderson, on the toher hand, is another story.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

rj, I agree with you on Wally World.

They're not going to hire a second check out person. That's how they remain the most profitable retailer. It seems to be company policy to have the store understaffed, to keep their cost of staffing down.

If people haven't seen it yet, take a look at a documentary called, "Wal-Mart: The high cost of low price".

Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I REFUSE to shop at wally world. THEY are fully HALF if not more of the reason our economy is so screwed up, because of the trade deficit with China. I prefer to shop at the unionized department stores, such as Meijers, that actually have health insurance available for their employees, instead of making them draw medi-caid for health care.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I wouldn't shop there but don't have a lot of choice. Besides after my mom's job folded (she was a touch up artist for Olan Mills), the only work she could find was at WallyWorld, so I just try to look at it as keeping her employeed. Oh, and she does have health care insurance through wally world.
I worked there before Sam Walton died, when they still bought/sold American, but after he passed, that all changed. Someone got greedy.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 AM

lol i work at walmart... im an electronics sales associate.. i dont think its that bad.. theres alot of customers who are just looking to have a attitude the whole time there in there.. and it seems to me it the type of people who all have a worse job then working at walmart so they make it hard on us lol idk it might just be me

Quick Reply: Why I Dislike Wal-Mart Reason #103