Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why bother?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

It looks like he is using a D/A sander with 3000 grit Trizac paper. LOL

Old 08-08-2009, 12:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea its time to weed out the good ones and screw the rest. I hate the ones that only come around when they need you...

Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 AM

well robyn i hope everything works out great and you have a wonderful and very happy and joyful life gl with everything and stay safe

Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Photobucket

Thanks guys. About 20 people got "Delteeted" (homestarrunner reference) out of mah cell phone. And my email address book. You want to come around only when you need ME but not when I need YOU so to the haters out there who can't keep it real and are SERIOUSLY hating on me and my abilities... like that song from Yung Joc (ok guys i'm the little white girl who listens to rap mmkay) "I'll make it rain, I ain't scared to share it" and I'm really not... I will share anything I have with those I love / care about / friends with whatever... as long as you're with me everything is STRAIGHT because I take care of my ppl...

Looks like I was hanging out with the wrong crowd, there's a difference between sharing and "being used". Oh well. I'll find other people to share my happiness and love for monte carlo's with.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:02 PM

You are off to a good start. Peoples actions will always show you their true intentions.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Photobucket

Yea todd, it's kind of like the whole "actions speak louder than words" kinda thing. I get ya. Believe me. lol

Old 08-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I hadn't read this yet... I used to be a really active guy around here, until my Ford Torino restoration got here and now I'm just messing around outside all day... but I'll be off to college before long and that might actually give me MORE time to keep up with you guys.

A girl at college on Facebook has a nice quote that I think you will like here.... "Friends ask why you're crying. Best Friends already have the shovel ready to bury the loser that made you cry."

Old 08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Photobucket

Cowboy thanks... have fun with that restoration project... it's not a loser making me cry, its the fact that all these people i thought were my friends turn out to be people just willing to use a sister yknow? I mean i'm a very giving person, what I have I share with the world, be it money, alcohol (not usually lol), food, company, a shoulder to cry on, my love for my monte carlo, enthusiasm...I'm usually happy go lucky... I made some huge changes to my cellphone contacts lists and my email address books... let's see if anybody notices! LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Robyn.

I find that the only time you get email from some people is when they have a chain letter they feel the necessity to forward. Never anything else worthwhile. Those are the ones you delete from your address book.

I'm not defending anyone, but I know that some people are afraid to talk to someone if they're going through a rough time. Especially during a divorce situation. Some people are afraid to say something that will just make matters worse. So they opt to say nothing. It's no fun when you're the one on the receiving end of it.

It's times like now, that you need good friends around you. I suspect you already know who your "real" friends are.

Myspace is losing it's popularity. Maybe in part because of all the perverts found lurking on MySpace? Or maybe because Twitter is gaining popularity? Or it's run it's course.

Facebook is really popular. I don't know why, it's always crashing. I have a Facebook account, but don't visit it much. Just too busy.

Yahoo is going through some restructuring and merging with Microsoft in an effort to take on Google. So Yahoo will probably end up being part of MSN Messenger. Something I've noticed with Messenger is it has the option to automatically log you in upon startup of your computer. Some people leave their computer on all the time. Which means they're constantly showing as available when they really aren't. Personally, I only log onto Messenger when I know I'm available to have a conversation with someone uninterupted. Which isn't very often. LOL.

I'm sorry you're going through all this. It's time for you to hang onto the real friends, and cut the rest. We're hoping and praying for you. You'll get through this. Vent on us all you want!

Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey, don't delete all those friends!! I learned that the hard way. You'll end up with your real friends one night making prank phone calls and need the numbers to call!

Quick Reply: Why bother?