Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Who are you ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Who Are You ?

Thank you Mod TAZ[sm=type.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I couldn't restore the poll. It wouldn't give me the option.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I may give Space a hard time on occassion but he's an A-okay space guy with me.

He starts posts to make us think. Not only about ourselves but about our lives and forces that affect them.

GM and Chevy consideres people in the age group 35-45, income level about $50k/yr and looking to restore their youth as prime Monte Carlo owners. I don't fit in any of their profile. I'm not 35-45, I don't make $50k/yr (sad to say) and I'm not looking to restore my youth. (anyone got some they want to sell?)
I was in the 35-45 age group when I got my '86 LS but it was used so I'm not sure if GM/Chevy still consider the used Montes as money making products for them or not? Years ago when Classic Chevy asked GM to be apart of the increasing Tri-5 Chevy scene GM responded with, "Take a hike."
They didn't have time for old, used cars they sold years before.

I guess you could say I am living part of my youth? I own my dream car (a '57 Chevy) and I like younger women, which I am very lucky tohave one in my life. So maybe it's true?
I always say I'm old enough to know better but too young to care.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:59 AM

[align=center]RJ, and members who are reading this.[/align][align=center]Thank you for your posts on the subject....Moderator `Taz, [/align][align=center]has pass his test on patience, and proving his position as a MCF Moderator. Hehas proven his computer talent[/align][align=center]to re-construct a lost/deleted post.[/align][align=center]We are happy that you have a great sense of humor, and thankful[/align][align=center]that you are computer versed. An asset to the MCF : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What a family we all have here on the MCF.[/align][align=center]Some members just stop in to get their problems solved with their Monte[/align][align=center]and disapear until their next problem,[/align][align=center]but others stay, and be a contributingpart of the Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center]Our Monte's keep us together, plus we have become net `friends[/align][align=center]over the months of involvement on our forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather gave me a message to hang over my mirror[/align][align=center]that states "Are you `happy, if not, why ? Do something"[/align][align=center]I alway try to be happy, and do my best to bring happiness[/align][align=center]into all that touch my `life.[/align][align=center]I wish all reading my words a `happy.[/align][align=center]That's who I am, who are you ? : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am just happy to `be free to be, who I want to `be.[/align][align=center]Thanks Everyone,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your turn [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-30-2007, 06:57 AM

GM considers the prime Monte owners to be 35-45 and earning $50k a year? I think GM had better hire new staticians cuz I am definitely no where near that category!

On the other hand, in response to 'Space's earlier post, technically my major is listed as BioInformatics, but I had an option with it to concentrate on a specefic area, and I chose to concentrate on the area of Computer Science. With all the CS courses I have taken, I'm more of a CS major than a Bif major. I also do research with robots, specifically in the area of computer vision. Straight out of college I'll probably wind up being a "code monkey" for a year or so but then I want to get into designing medical programs like client databases and stuff like that.

If you want to know more check out my web stie here: http://nikto.canisius.edu/~roodb

It hasn't been updated in awhile but it gives some good info about my major and what I do with robots and stuff.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Wow, `Ben,
You have a great future again of you : ) A BioInformatics (I had to look that one up : ).
You will have to update your web site, but your career sure is interesting.
I think the rebot research [&:], would be challenging, & a lot of fun : )
I wish you the very best, and thanks for sharing your information with
the members.
Happy Holidays, to you and all. `Space

Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I also enjoyed that part that I understood at your website. Keep up the good work and someday you'll finally invent that anti-gravity machines to make our cars fly.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 AM

Heheh maybe one day I'll make my Monte fly, but for now that's a long ways off

I know I have a GT500 as the background for my site but I just haven't had time lately to put a pic of a Monte on there (it's finals time[:'(] which means I have no life until they are over)

Old 12-02-2007, 10:42 AM

i know how u feel...my finals start in2 weeks, idk if ill b around herefor bout 2weeks due to them

Old 12-03-2007, 06:51 AM

Yeah I'll try to be on every now and then, I'm actually starting my last week of classes this week, and next week is exam time. But after that I'm DONE till January![sm=happy046.gif]

Quick Reply: Who are you ?