Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

White stripes ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default White stripes ???

Ok. I thought I posted this last night. But I can't find it. Ok please no hate letters or e mails . I was just looking at pictures of my 2006 SS. I was wonder how a one piece white stripe down the center of the car would look. As wide as the two stripe design. With a very thin out line. Just on the hood & the trunk. I don't think it would look good on the roof. My 70 Chevelle has two black stripes on the hood & on the truck. Soooo ? What do you think of it ???

Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've seen other Montes with the Chevelle style rally stripe kit. (hood & trunk lid)

They look nice.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:13 AM

I am not sure about the single stripe idea. I am sure it would look fine, but the double stripes are the epitome of classic, high-performance chevrolet! I think it would look sweet. You could call it "candy cane"! Oh yeah, no stripes on the roof is the way to go!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by LuSe4
I am not sure about the single stripe idea. I am sure it would look fine, but the double stripes are the epitome of classic, high-performance chevrolet! I think it would look sweet. You could call it "candy cane"! Oh yeah, no stripes on the roof is the way to go!
Wait a minute what about mine

Old 01-15-2011, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think single or double stripe would look great. I suppose single would be more original. What's everyone got against continuing the stripes through the roof? I wouldn't do it any other way.
You should make a poll, man! We love to vote!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Wait a minute what about mine
Done expertly IMO!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I agree on a double stripe looking better.

As for the placement, it comes more from hertiage and calssic muscle cars, back in the day, GM/Chevy cars did the stripes only on the hood and trunk lid, and Ford's ussually did it on the trunk/roof/hood....so that's where that comes from, honestly though most don't know so you can do it either way on a modern "muscle" car.

Joe

Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I never liked the continuous stripe on a car with a sun-roof, but without a sunroof I think it looks sharp.

I like the single stripe idea. I don't think I've seen a single Monte Carlo with a THICK single line. I did see the yellow Monte with an off-center single black stripe and it was pretty sharp

Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Think one stripe is more traditional Pontiac isn't it? But as stated above it would be more original.

Out of curiosity why not dual black stripes, afraid of people thinking you wanted twins? :-P

I had thought at one time of getting reflective black stripes on mine (along the lines of what Blazed SS had). The black overlays I have for the Impala reflect white and seem to flip colors as you change angle under normal light from black to dark copper to white. Just another thought

Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
Out of curiosity why not dual black stripes, afraid of people thinking you wanted twins? :-P

I agree (if thats what your saying). If I owned those 2 cars, I'd stripe them the same. Make myself the Stripe Force Red Squad or something like that. Sorta like making it your trademark...

Quick Reply: White stripes ???