Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Where the hell did summer go?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where the hell did summer go?

This is what I get for waking up this morning...

And the worst part besides the fact that I still have my summer wheels on? How about thef fact that today is supposed to be the last day of summer and it's currently 30 degrees outside with a low of 25.

Oh, and it's still snowing, it's just not sticking that much yet.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

ohh woww. that bites. i'm so glad that i wont get snow down here in florida unlike when i lived in missouri but seeing your pics is like a slap in the face ya know. i actually turned off the news this morning when they starting talking about how today was the last day of summer lol. so depressing!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM

Yeah, we had a chilly summer. Only got over 100 twice that I can remember this year.

Oh and the picture of my stripped down quad is because I would normally take that to class but it won't be running until later this week so today was the first day I had to walk to class and it was snowing.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 PM

...Hi Garrett, atleast U woke `up..., & your AweSome Monte was still there It just needed 2 `Chill : )

Where did Summer go ? ...I think EveryOne sends it to
the SunShine State....Oh, Love your `toys/State/Monte/Quad STOP BEACH'in : ) U R one lucky Man 4-Sure...EnJoy....& if U don't like the cold...pack up and there's still lots of run in the SunShine : ) lol
PEace/Out

Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Crap that stinks, it supposed to be in the 90's all week here.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by God_Bot
Yeah, we had a chilly summer. Only got over 100 twice that I can remember this year.

Oh and the picture of my stripped down quad is because I would normally take that to class but it won't be running until later this week so today was the first day I had to walk to class and it was snowing.
man that's some bad luck there. why did ya strip it down? is something wrong with it?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM

The timing chain stretched out and was slapping on the guard. I tore it down to replace that and managed to tear the paper gasket that had never been removed in six years (big surprise I know). Then when putting the clutch basket back in I managed to over tighten a bolt and snap the head off so I've got to get that replaced too.

Then after seeing it sitting there I decided to start taking off the aluminum parts and sanding them down so that I can re-polish them for when I sell it. So it's kinda like an unplanned restoration at the moment

Old 09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Noy cool man... Mr. Burns is scared.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM

I am dreading snow this year. I decided the monte is the safest car in the snow, so I am letting my mom drive it. Her mustang is terrible in the snow. At least during the bad weather the monte will get to go into a garage at night. That was part of the reason I bought the suburban.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That sucks Garrett. It only reached into the 90's only a couple of days here - we had a very mild summer. We saved tons on our electric bill LOL. I hope that's not what to come - a very snowy and cold winter. Silver is scared too - even though he's probably been through enough bad weather because of the amount of rust under the hood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where the hell did summer go?