Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

When's Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Default RE: When's Spring?

Man, I hate the cold. Fortunately, I live in far Southeast Texas where cold to us is in the 40's. Sometimes it will dip into the 30's at night. But, also, we see triple digits in the summer. Oh, well, we can't all live in south Florida, where it's 80 year round andthe girls wearbikini's all the time.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: When'

ouch

Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Default RE: When's Spring?

hey garrett that sucks big time damn that cold weather thank god were i live cold weather doesnt drop less than in the 30's and thats at night haha... well a couple of days ago i got hung up on one of this barriers they put at the end of a parking spot!! well this one had some metal rods sticking up from the barrier and i had not seen them... so i parked and heard a sounds like if the dust cover from the bottom usually makes when i park in that spot, so i try to reverse out of the parking spot and to my suprise my car was hung up the metal rods were accually caught on the fram of the car so i put the car in reverse and gun it but nothing so i turn the wheels and gun it again the car frees up but now the damn metal rod has ahold of my front bumper and well i had no other choice but to keep going back. I free up my car finally and dont even bother getting down to see the damage... on my way home i stop at a car wash and check out the damage... i get off and i see that my bumpere was almost completly pulled off from the passangers side... so since i got some autobody skills i started fixing the bumper but still not perfect so sad

Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: When'

Ouch dude, I know exactly how you feel.

I took the car through a auto car wash simply so I could get the undercarriage sprayed off. Saw that's it's not as noticeable as I thought, the crack is on the lower portion so you don't see it unless at car level, but the exhaust tip is noticeable. I think what I'm going to do is just pull the cover off the exhaust and just leave it cracked for a few months so then when I get to the fiberglass portion I'm not waiting days on end for it to cure in the cold. Plus I would much rather work when it's 105 then -5, although I prefer 75-80.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
Default RE: When is Spring?

ORIGINAL: sprfrk2005

hey garrett that sucks big time damn that cold weather thank god were i live cold weather doesnt drop less than in the 30's and thats at night haha... well a couple of days ago i got hung up on one of this barriers they put at the end of a parking spot!! well this one had some metal rods sticking up from the barrier and i had not seen them... so i parked and heard a sounds like if the dust cover from the bottom usually makes when i park in that spot, so i try to reverse out of the parking spot and to my suprise my car was hung up the metal rods were accually caught on the fram of the car so i put the car in reverse and gun it but nothing so i turn the wheels and gun it again the car frees up but now the damn metal rod has ahold of my front bumper and well i had no other choice but to keep going back. I free up my car finally and dont even bother getting down to see the damage... on my way home i stop at a car wash and check out the damage... i get off and i see that my bumpere was almost completly pulled off from the passangers side... so since i got some autobody skills i started fixing the bumper but still not perfect so sad
I try to not hit those parking stone things when I`m thinking about it. When I`m pre-occupied and not thinking about the dam parking stone, I always hear the dreaded scrape of the front bumper. First thought is S***!!! Then I cringe as I slowly back up and hear the scraping again. This time in reverse. Can't wait to see how bad it really is in the spring time. I keep thinking that one of these times the damn thing is going to crack and break like yours did.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Mother Nature vs Monte Carlo
It is sad to read aboutthe damageon how thecold effects of Mother Nature
canharm a Monte Carlo.
I think `if I lived in cold climates like many of our forum members, I
would want a winter beater car. I would have tears in my
eyes `if I had a limited edition Dale Jr like Mod Taz -Lou`s-,
Monte SS, & had to drive it on salt/pot holed roads [X(]
Tonight temps in Florida are projected to be 19 degrees in Ocala,
Florida where Mod Bigg J`s mother resides, in my area
in will be in the 20`s : (
This only happens a few times a year here in Florida, but
I have to admire those that choose to live in cold climates,
and endure the pains/frustrations of the damage that cold weather
does to a automobile/Monte Carlo
When I had to drive my grandfather GM van this morning with
cold vinyl seats, I now understood why members up north
enjoy heated seats
I also really look 4ward to `Spring, and `Surfing again
Wish the reader of this warmth & Happiness to you &
your Monte Carlo.
`Space
Members, you never know what you will see/read on the MCF
EnJoy the Below Pictures of Mother Nature
[:-]

[/align][/align]

Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I am so excited! Tomorrow starts a string of above freezing temps in my area that should last at least 5 days! I hope most of the snow will melt! 50 degrees on Sat! WooHoo!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 AM

[sm=signs007.gif]!

Northwest Indiana members are ya'll OK?!?!?!? Helloo?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Friday starts the warm weather around here in the Detroit area.

WOOHOO! Above freezing temps! [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Same here. They predict almost 50 degrees either on saturday or sunday.

But according to the weather woman we're not out of the woods just yet. There's a small cell out to the west they're keeping an eye on that could bring in some (YUCK) snow in the next day or so.

COME ON SPRING!

Quick Reply: When's Spring?