Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

When should a forum shut down?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default When should a forum shut down?

I am a member of lets say 4 or 5 different forums ranging from brands, trucks, and to model of car such as this forum. How much traffic should they have to keep functioning? On one un-named forum I posted a question on 1-22. There has been no posts since. Very low amount amount of postings go on there. Total member 3900. I don't even think it deserves a place in my favorites anymore. There is a much better forum to replace that one for which I am a member and wouold bet must others are too. What do you guys think. Its not a new forum Been around a while. Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Sounds like it needs revitalizing. It may just exist for the few people who use it to keep in contact. That's kind of how we are at the Jeff Gordon forums. Have you searched Google for a new forum that is similar to it?

And these things have a snowballing effect. It seems like a couple of people leave, then another leaves after they leave, and eventually everyone gets discouraged and walks away. That's kind of what happened at htE Monte Millenium Generations.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:27 PM

I believe `if a forum does not have activity that they will lose their sponsors...Without sponsor's it difficult for a site to exist.

That's why I constantly encourage member's to just not read the posts, but to respond to them `if they can...

It's also why I try to keep new threads going as to keep our active member's coming back to see what dumb stuff that the kid from space has posted : )

This is the only forum I belong to, but I've visited other sites to explore what they are doing (Mostly X-rated ones that I have been banned from : ) LOL....I think we have the best one
Thanks for your thread & your activity....
Wish everyone reading this a happy eve...& fun on our Monte Carlo Family Forum 4-Sure : ) Our member's have for each other....
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 01-25-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Great jobs guys, just 6 minutes and 2 responses. Thats how mit should be.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm on a couple Motorcycle forums that are ok but the MCF is by far the best forum i've seen.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:13 PM

I am on a bunch of forums. The majority of them have a lot of traffic.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM

I have been a on few forums that died. I was sad to see one of them go, as it was a very active forum the few years I was involved with it. Unfortunately with cars, people by and sell and so there interests fades away as they have a new love. There are only a few of us on here that are former monte carlo owners that still actively post. Typically you sell the car and leave the forums. This family though so once you join its for life. lol

Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
This is the only forum I belong to, but I've visited other sites to explore what they are doing (Mostly X-rated ones that I have been banned from : )
Holy crap! 'Space is a perv!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I think he was saying we have the best X-rated forum....

Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
I believe `if a forum does not have activity that they will lose their sponsors...Without sponsor's it difficult for a site to exist.

That's why I constantly encourage member's to just not read the posts, but to respond to them `if they can...

[FONT=Georgia]It's also why I try to keep new threads going as to keep our active member's coming back to see what dumb stuff that the kid from space has posted : )[/]
Totally agree

Quick Reply: When should a forum shut down?