Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's your Monte Worth ? KBB ?

Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What's your Monte Worth ? KBB ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]I've learned that most auto dealers in Florida[/align][align=center]use Kelly Blue Book & theBlack Book,to determine[/align][align=center]the worth of your trade[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]seldom do you get top book trade in value : ([/align][align=center]My 06 LT3 MSRP was over $24K[/align][align=center]Today's trade- in valueis around $14 K[/align][align=center](It's only nine months old w/less then 7 K miles,[/align][align=center]in excellent condition - like new )[/align][align=center]A $10,000 lose in less then a year [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't plan on trading & I will be paying for mine forever : ([/align][align=center]I'm just happy that I love my `Monte.[/align][align=center]Click site to check your value : )[/align][align=center]Oh, buckle your seatbelt & wallet [/align][align=center][:-]Click below link [:-][/align][align=center]http://autos.aol.com/used/kbb[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/35677A74DE0E46BFB57E544B6A97FB84.jpg[/IMG][/align][align=center]What do you think ?
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/9B4CD18E57F846FAADFB4EDBB39542B6.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align][align=center]I wouldnever trade with a dealer& would sell it myself if I had to. : )[/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Default RE: What's your Monte Worth ? KBB ?

they claim a 03 with my options to my moms zip code is worth 10,205.

thing of it is this dose not include what i have done to my car.
and belive it or not that helps when it is a privet sale.

on a car lot they could careless. they think it is blue book and only blue book.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

California • January 22, 2007
2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged Coupe 2D

Engine: V6 3.8L Supercharged
Trans: Automatic
Drive: FWD
Mileage: 12,000

Another Report

Free CARFAX Record Check

Search Used Vehicle Listings

Finance Your Vehicle

Insure Your Vehicle

Equipment

Tony Stewart Series
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
OnStar
Dual Front Air Bags
[

Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM

When you are trading your car in, they will find all kinds of reasons why they won't be able to get the Blue/Black book prices. For example I just traded my 04 SS and here are some of the reasons:
2 door cars are harder to sell
The supercharged models require premium fuel
No sunroof
Cloth interior
Monte Carlo SS models are costlier to insure for younger drivers (They ususally are the buyers)
and on and on.
I ended up getting about $14,500 for my 04 as trade value. Here in Canada, you have to add 14% to the value, because you don't have to pay tax on the trade-value. This would mean in real dollars I actually got $16,350. ( I would have to sell it privately for more than $16,350 to be ahead of the game.) In our Ontario Trader Magazine listings, Dealers are asking somewhere between $16,000, and $19,000 for similar vehicles, depending on the mileage, and you know they will negotiate for less than their asking prices.So bu the time the dealer certifies it and runs it through his shop, it's probably a fair price. He has to make a living and cover his overhead costs, and I don't begrudge him that.

Whatever, you are never going to win as a consumer in the car market. New car values drop like a rock. My partner and I tried to figure out why we buy "New" and not good late model used. We came to the conclusion that #1 was because of the usual 0% financing available on new, and of course, the new car warranty. Is it worth it???? Who knows

Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM

actually i looked at a good used car. when i was looking for mine.
you know why i didn tget a used version.

I could not find one i liked first of all. but i actually was willng to settel on one. they wernt willing to give me the finacing that i really wanted to pay.
and could not give me the payments i wanted to pay.

when i bought mine i was in prim shape for looking for a car.
1. i had a trade that was in great shape. and was paid off early
2. i knew what i wanted in my car and was willing to look at other colors but would live with any of the ones out there.
3. i had cash in my pocket to add to the down payment.
4. i shoped around to diffrent dealer ships and becuse i had all of the above i didnt really need ot get the car at that time. and when i walked on the lot i knew i would not pay any more then i wantedto if i could nto get the monte for what i wanted then i would go to the privet world or just wait to get a car some place else.

the trick was i didnt need to get the car. I WANTED IT. our car was in great shape and nothing was wrong with it.

so basically i bough tmy car i was not sold a car.
i made the deale rwork to get me to buy the car from him and made him meet my reqerments.
as a result in our area my car listed just under 26,k
when all was said and done i walked out with keys in hand and drove it off the lot for 14,990
now with that said im sure that they had more wiggel room there but they had to make a profit also. and the reason it went so far down was i had rebates tha ti happen to get also.
military.
return buyer.
end of year clearance .
also they had 4 other folks look and try to get it and they swore the car was snake bit.
i told them nah it just didnt want to go home with them and chose me LOL

if i would have had my way it would have been teh comp yellow color with the black leather ( what i have now) and or it would have been the gordon edition . i wanted the flames on my car. . So im stuck to now finding the flames i want as a decal or to paint them ont he car my self.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 03 SS with around 24k miles trade in value is worth $11,800 in excellent cond and $11,085 in good cond in my area code. Private party is $13,820 in excellent and $13,020 in good cond. That really sucks![:@]

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Another site you can check car values is the NADA.

Since I have never had a car to trade in when I bought a car (I'm cheap. I hold onto everything) I really can't say how this experience goes?

I do know when you get in an accident, Insurance companies do all they can to screw you!!!

You aren't allowed to use KBB to value your car, but they can use a national standard to say what it's worth.

Is this fair?

Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

My 03 SS with around 24k miles trade in value is worth $11,800 in excellent cond and $11,085 in good cond in my area code. Private party is $13,820 in excellent and $13,020 in good cond. That really sucks![:@]
what zip code do you live in? that is better then mine is LOL
and Sometimes the Nat. avrage is better then what kbb will give you for the car.
wha they are doing is checking the fair market value acrossed the country and then they will give you a avrage of it.
liek in the case of my 78. in our area kbb had the value of less then a grand. but with the value they had it came out at 1500.00 as is nothign done to it.
they paid more then that becuse i had proof i had more in to it then that. but it made a good exampel

Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 PM

i dunno i just cant believe the depresiation on our cars gees my car stickerd for 0ver 32k new and noe they say its only worth about 12k go figure

Old 01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yup...the second it leaves the car lot it goes down in price by 1/2 value of the car...its insane...but it still works out to be cheaper to buy a new car for 35 than a used car for 22-25 because of the 0% financing on the new cars so i will be buying brand new next time and all the time from then on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's your Monte Worth ? KBB ?