Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What was your longest Roadtrip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Default What was your longest Roadtrip?

I just recieved orders for my next duty station at Camp Pendleton, California. So i'm gonna be embarking on a looong roadtrip cross country from Florida in the next few months. I'm excited about this, since i've never been to the west coast, and plus i get to spend some quality time with my Monte . And was wondering who here has gone on extended roadtrips. Where did you go, how long did it take you to get to your destination?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went from Orlando, FL to Los Angeles, CA back in May of 1992. I was heading to Las Vegas to visit family there. My mother decided that it would be the only chance for us kids to see the Pacific Ocean. I rode in the back of a mid-eighties Toyota minivan and I believe it took 7 years to get out there. My memory may be a little hazy from all of the carbon monoxide though. What branch are you in?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM

I'm a Hospital Corpsman, going to the 1st Mar Div. at least you weren't driving so you could sleep and all lol how was it when you passed through all the diff states? i'm planning on stopping as much as possible, since the navy's giving me 6 days to travel and its like 3 to get there.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Texas was the worst. The route we took made Texas even bigger than it is. Other than that, it was great. We stopped at a few tourist traps and had a generally good time. If you get a chance to drive through Amarillo, hit up The Big Texas Steak House. My platoon took a trip down there from Fort Sill, OK and had a great time. Since you have a few extra days, just take your time and enjoy yourself.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Thanks, i'll make a note of it. Any tips for the road will be written down lol

Old 06-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've driven from PA to Texas and PA to Florida a couple of times.

Each one was like 22 hours?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:37 PM

I took 2 trips one northeast from stl to ohio then veared south to virginia, north carolina then up through tenn. Took 4 weeks. 2nd I drove south east. from stl to florida and came up same way that was 2 days there 2 days back 8 hours of driving each day. plus some on a third. STAY AWAY FROM ATLANTA DURING RUSH HOUR!!! They do not know how to drive I thought I was going to die. STL is nice and easy cruze at 5 over with some stop and go. Atlanta is like 125mph over speed limit and noone uses turn signals they all must be telepathic.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Atlanta is like 125mph over speed limit and noone uses turn signals they all must be telepathic.
Sounds like how it is in my hometown Miami lol i'm ok with that

Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Longest trip i've done is from where i am in southern NY to orlando florida, usually about a 2 day trip stopping overnight.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by MayoJ1
I just recieved orders for my next duty station at Camp Pendleton, California. So i'm gonna be embarking on a looong roadtrip cross country from Florida in the next few months. I'm excited about this, since i've never been to the west coast, and plus i get to spend some quality time with my Monte . And was wondering who here has gone on extended roadtrips. Where did you go, how long did it take you to get to your destination?

WoW, that's super news & you will be able to hit the surf on the Pacific Ocean...* I envy you . When do you leave ?
Wish you a fun/safe `journey to the west coast..Good Luck
===========================================
In my 23 years, I've never been on a Road Trip outside the state of Florida , but I'm really looking 4ward to a Road Trip of North America in my near future 4-Sure...

In Florida the furthest I've been is to Key West to deliever a boat...It was beautiful there, but there are sure some way out there people...It sure is a party place 2 .

Quick Reply: What was your longest Roadtrip?