Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What Your Car Says About You : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What Your Car Says About You : )

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=left]Vehicles Feature
What Your Car Says About You
Dan Lienert, 02.12.07, 12:01 AM ET [/align][align=left][/align]In Shakespeare's English, “luxury” and “lust” were synonyms.
Not much has changed in 500 years, apparently, since Bentley dealers are reporting that more people ask about the brand's top-drawer luxury autos around Valentine's Day.
Seems like they are on to something. It's not a night out on the town or a bottle of fine wine, but make no mistake: A new car might facilitate sex and romance this Feb. 14, whether you purchase the vehicle for somebody else or drive it yourself in the hopes of sending out signals the opposite sex can't ignore.
But while having a luxury car sends a message, not all send the right one.
In Pictures: What Your Car Says About You
For example, you might think that driving a Lexus makes you alluring, but if you opt for the $60,000 Lexus LS sedan, you might seem attractive only to older, single parents; LS drivers are in their 60s, family-oriented and value politeness.
In other words, if you're looking to make a more dramatic statement, you should go for something more bold.
Flash And Dash
General Motors (nyse: GM - news - people ), for example, says that Chevrolet Corvette drivers are "aggressive and in control," and seek adventure.
And no car will tell the opposite sex you are passionate and racy like a Ferrari will.
People who have driven Ferraris know the vehicles feel like racecars. They are all about technology, innovation, design and racing heritage. And lest you forget: Ferraris are Italian, which some say makes them sexier.
"The identity of the brand is wrapped up in the history of Italy and vice-versa," says a company spokesman. "Everything that is grand and great about Italy and the approach to life in Italy … is a big part of it."

GM describes Corvettes in similarly nationalistic, enthusiastic terms.
The Corvette "represents freedom and what is best about America," wrote Chevrolet spokesman Travis Parman in a recent e-mail.

GM will end the production of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo in 2007.

We interviewed a charactor by the name of Spacefrom Beach Island, Florida.He's a want to be NASCAR driver or Space Cadet.Space isa young college student that works four part-time jobs to have and drivea 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. This kid is spaced-out, but you just got to love him. His Monte Carlo just won Monte Carlo of the Month (a web site for Monte Lover's) [URL=http://www.montecarl

Old 02-21-2007, 04:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: What Your Car Says About You : )

LOL! You really had me going there Space.

What my Monte says about me, well the amber bronze (near brown) color says that I'm down to earth, but the 3.9 roller engine says, I may have 6 cylinders, but I use them all to their fullest potential.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
LOL! You really had me going there Space.
What my Monte says about me, well the amber bronze (near brown) color says that I'm down to earth, but the 3.9 roller engine says, I may have 6 cylinders, but I use them all to their fullest potential.
[/align][align=center]Grandpa `Dave,[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 your post. I always enjoy reading them : )[/align][align=center]You are a great MCF contributor/member! thanks....[/align][align=center]Hope I made you smile [/align][align=center]I'm waiting to hear back from Forbes on their offer : )[/align][align=center]I drove a 3.5 L V-6 Monte : ([/align][align=center]Big difference between a 3.5 & 3.9L : )[/align][align=center]I'm really happy with my 3900 LT3.[/align][align=center]Dave, safe/happy miles 2 U & family,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space,
As usual great information you posted.

What does my Monte(s) say about me?
I like cool cars!
There might be many more vehicles out there claiming this title but people can tell "IF" a car has got it.... OR NOT.

Area people drive past. They always stare to see what I'm up to? They know I have a passion for cars. (does it show?)
But not just any car. If this were true I'd be wrenching on a Pinto.
They know I like style. Something that just screams "Look At Me."
Now days they see a new Monte settting in the drive and wonder,..... Should I buy one, too?
If RJ owns one then maybe we need one as well.

PS. wonder why the word for what you get when you own a car, was edited out??????????????????
(T-I-T-L-E)

Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

PS. wonder why the word for what you get when you own a car, was edited out??????????????????
(T-I-T-L-E)
[/align][align=center]RJ, Thanks 4 your post : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]RJ, It's in the forum's editing program....(I think : )[/align][align=center]Members are not permitted to use certain words or[/align][align=center]admire certain body parts of the opposite X[/align][align=center][:-]Oh WoW, Those are nice shock absorber's[/align][align=center][:@]Ok, Mod...I know...I'm back in time out....How long this time : ([/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/812A919ADC364808913FC2B2FF67E509.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space, you can use them for shock absorbers, but I choose to use them for heavy duty rod bushings....

Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

did you ever see the video on youtube with the same as that pic but its for indipendant suspension or somethin...lol...that was a funny video

click @ your own risk...lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VE8SEV-k0M4

Old 02-23-2007, 01:55 PM

my car says that i am a cool calm and collective guy that will run you down if he needs to

Old 02-23-2007, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: benhillzone3
my car says that i am a cool calm and collective guy that will run you down if he needs to
Hi Calvin -Hollywood-
That's a great quote, I'm move outa your way
Thanks 4 your post,
`Space

Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM

anytime space

Quick Reply: What Your Car Says About You : )