Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What are your `Hobbies ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:51 PM

My hobbies are:
BMX (ive been riding for 7 years)
Photography
Cars and going to local car meets
off roading
and music!!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...LoL `Alex,
Everyone laughs when they read your post...LOL
Exercise is pushing button's : ) LOL
I've never really watched to much TV or got in2 video games, but I look forward to playing games & just sitting back & relaxing...
Lol, I guess those aren't really my hobbies, I just don't have energy to do anything else after work.

I would say my real hobbies are Scuba diving and white water rafting. I do both as often as I can.

Also traveling, been all over Europe and to Jamaica a couple times, and I'm known to grab a friend and go on a weekend roadtrip to a random city to explore. Example, I drove to Baltimore after seeing the episode of Shaq VS when he challenged Michael Phelps to a swimming race. It took place in Baltimore and it just looked like an interesting city so we went. Checked out the National Aquarium and had an awesome authentic Maryland Crab cake.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i like hiking around and finding old cars & trucks in the woods. also exploring junkyards, the less organized the better.

i also like searching for old bottle dumps in the woods around where i live. i've found some neat old bottles & other "stuffs".... hubcaps, car parts, farm equipment, the list goes on.

collecting die cast cars was my big thing for a while, now its just anything auto related

i also really like learning about the history of the aerea i live in. not so much whats written ( not much of that anyways) but listening to the local "old timers" talk about how things used to be before everything was bought & bulldozed by the government & turned into a national park.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM

Video games. Currently playing League of Legends, LOTR Online, and downloading Fallout: New Vegas

Old 10-27-2010, 10:47 PM

my hobbies are my car, taking the best of care that i possible can of it lol. And I do lots with my dog with training... recently just started taking flyball lessons, we love it so much fun. Later maybe get into agility, possible herding. I also just started horseback riding again, getting back into showjumping which is what i did when i was younger, and quit it after my horse died. Between all those and the bf im pretty busy lol.. thats why you guys dont see to much of me sometimes

Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by montejass
I have similar hobby taste to labnjab:

Link to a RC post on the setup:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1767618
Great tank. Very clean. Looks much bigger then it actually is too

Here's the link to our 10 gallon build

http://nhreefclub.org/index.php?topic=2996.0

and the 75
http://nhreefclub.org/index.php?topic=2126.0

Old 10-28-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by labnjab
Great tank. Very clean. Looks much bigger then it actually is too

Here's the link to our 10 gallon build

http://nhreefclub.org/index.php?topic=2996.0

and the 75
http://nhreefclub.org/index.php?topic=2126.0

I read through both post, your Aquascaping skills are excellent!!! I recently found spider webbing in the acrylic at one of the seams and had to take down the nano. Luckily I started a 55G a couple months ago and was able to move everything over.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:23 AM

I love being in the outdoors, hiking, fishing, offroading, shooting my guns, taking pictures.

Also cars, golf, going to pro football and basketball games, traveling, reading, and just trying to enjoy life.

On a side not digging the reefs you guys have. Those are impressive.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by montejass
I read through both post, your Aquascaping skills are excellent!!! I recently found spider webbing in the acrylic at one of the seams and had to take down the nano. Luckily I started a 55G a couple months ago and was able to move everything over.
Thank you Do you have a link to the 55?

We also have 2 freshwater tanks, a 55 gallon community and a 75 gallon with 4 fancy goldfish, but they don't look nearly as nice as the reefs. No major problems with the freshwater, just overgrown plants and algae. Its funny, I can't seem to get the freshwater planted tanks down but a reef is a piece of cake. Our reefs are at the point now where their paying for them self. If I want to add anything or if I need any supplies, I sell a few frags which usually covers the cost. If only the same thing was true for my monte, lol

Originally Posted by Teacher
On a side not digging the reefs you guys have. Those are impressive.
Thank you. Our landlord doesn't allow cast or dogs so we found another pet, lol

Last edited by labnjab; 10-29-2010 at 06:29 AM.

Quick Reply: What are your `Hobbies ?