Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What is Your `Favorite ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Becky, Mexican Food, or Taco's sounds great. I sure wish I had a gift card that didn't cost anything lol, Can you please tell me where I can get a gift card for Mexican food that won't cost me anything ? Bum's aren't here yet

Sure bet the above taste better when there real.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

LOL, Space. Cody gave it to me for Mother's Day so I wouldn't have to cook one night

Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
peanut butter and ________.

the best fill-in-those-blanks are jelly, bananas, applesauce, nutella, apples, waffles, pancakes, steak and ...more peanut butter. but peanut butter definitely.
Wow. Elvis lives.

My favorite is Subway.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 PM

beer,beer and more beer!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Now you guys are going to know that i used to live in Jersey for a few years.

There is a deli in Edison called Harold's New York Deli. It has got to have the BEST pastrami i have ever had. That and the Matzah Ball soup.

Or maybe down at Sandy Hook and have a crab sandwich.

That's it, i'm going to NJ to eat.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 AM

We are what we `Eat ?
Pancakes anyone ?
I'm always Hungry

Lou.........Wiz Kidd...........Big `J............`Space

Last edited by Space; 05-15-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

If anyone ever comes out to the Lawton area, you have got to eat at Wayne',

http://www.waynesdriveinn.com/home.htm

they have got the best burgers in town. And guys, they have carhops.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do they wear roller skates too?

I haven't seen carhops since I was a kid.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Do they wear roller skates too?

I haven't seen carhops since I was a kid.

LOL `Lou, I didn't think they had cars back then
LOL ~ LOL
In FLorida they have Sonic's & Car Hop'in Ladies : )

they do a dance called the Twist

Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 AM

Now, I'm Starv'in
Please send Food 2 `Space : ) 4-Sure : )
Since I'm been work'in in this sauna Warehouse Office,
I lost `bout 10lbs & back to only 140 lbs no matter how
much I garbage down

Probably the signature piece of the Sonic business is the 'waitresses.' These are girls on rollerskates who cruise around and bring your food out to your car, or to your table. It really does make it a lot more interesting to be there when there are girls going by on skates, carrying trays of food. I asked one of the girls if she had fallen yet. She just started laughing, and said 'oh yeah, I've fallen.' It sounded like it has happened a few times.

This is Debra, one of the roller girls. She goes to Pioneer High. I noticed that her skates were different from the other girls. She said something about the other ones not fitting her very well. I also asked about the Merry Christmas socks she was wearing in July. I think she said something about the colors matching her shirt...
She also told me that they had been training for 3 hours a day in the week prior to the opening. And surprisingly, she said that she wasn't a very good roller-skater prior to working at Sonic. I guess that will change after doing this for 4 hours a day.

Daisy goes to Woodland High. They had a DJ at the opening, and the music
was loud, and I'm deaf anyway. So I couldn't understand anything else she said...

Michael's dad ordering from the walk-up order thingy.
As far as I could tell, you don't actually go IN to Sonic to order your food. The idea is that you order from your car, or if you walked up, you go to this menu board, push some buttons and place your order. It sounds retarded, but I was a little intimidated by the process.
All of the food and drinks were free during the party, but since I crashed the party, I didn't know if I should order any food. I eventually asked Mike if I could order something; to review the food a bit. He introduced me to Joe, who is the General Manager, and he told Joe, "Get him a little bit of everything." Double Score! Not only did I get invited in, and get a cherry lime-ade, but now they were going to bring me food!

Marissa skated around calling my name. I went over to her and said, "I think that is mine." She said, "Did you have: a double cheeseburger, chicken club, extra long chili-cheese dog, chili cheese tater tots, cherry lime-ade, a cookie dough blast and onion rings?" I said, "I guess so..."
Along with Marissa was Kate, carrying the 'Smile Tray.' Basically this was a tray full of condiments. But they go way beyond ketchup and mustard. They had marinara sauce, 'french fry sauce' and tons of other stuff. Once again, the music was loud, I'm deaf, and I had no idea what she was telling me. So I grabbed some stuff and sat down. I never did figure out if the sundae on the tray is real or not. Or, what is in the 'Smile Tray' book.

The first thing I opened up was the chicken club. This was the best looking item, but not my favorite.
If I ever get this again, I'll have to think about what kind of sauce to put on it.
Maybe some marinara, or some BBQ. Not bad, just a little plain.

Next I opened up my chili-cheese tater-tots.
Exactly what you would expect. If you like chili, and you like cheese, and you like tater-tots, these are for you.
I like them.

This was my double-cheeseburger. It was my favorite item. The gooey-cheesey thing they had going on was
pretty good. This tasted good, but did I mention that I am actually trying to lose weight?
Oh by the way- my second favorite item was the chili-cheese dog. But I forgot to take a picture.

The onion rings were solid. They were crispy, and they had real onions inside. Not like those abominations from Burger King which use like cornstarch and onion powder on the inside. If I didn't have so much food I would have been very happy to finish these off.

I think this is called a 'Blast.' It was soft-serve ice cream with little chunks of cookie dough on top.
Also on top was whipped cream, which really scared me. I took the first bite and thought, "that was the worst
ice cream I have ever tasted." But no- it was just the whipped cream. So once I got down to the ice cream
everything was fine. The whipped cream wasn't bad, it was just a shock when I was expecting the real stuff.

And finally, the mints. You know, it is just a tiny little thing, but I think it adds. They bring out mints with every item.
So there you have it Woodland- your newest restaurant. Sonic came in and tore down the old Burger King building, and put something new in. It's fast food without excuses. It's a drive-in, with burgers, ice cream, girls on rollerskates and doesn't pretend to be anything more.

Quick Reply: What is Your `Favorite ?