Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What Vehicle Is The Biggest Disgrace To Its Company’s History?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `StumpMI, I don't think Member `Spade was bashing the Monte Carlo, he was just posting a article he found on the web.
If you look at the writers background, I think you will understand the source of his lack of auto knowledge. I think that the writer was just trying to justify his position as a ***istant editorial writer for Jalopnik "I don't think he has the background to judge any vehicle(s)
Thanks Space for the Clarification!!!
I still will defend my Monte to the death!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Hi StumpMI, I think you can tell that I did not like the article, but I won't shoot the messenger (LOL) I know that the Chevy Monte Carlo is not for everyone & that's OK with me...It was not build for everyone , It was only built for intelligent/wise/well informed people that needed/wanted/desired a Super Touring Performance Coupe that they could afford for the Best Bang 4 the $'s they had ~> 4-Sure I knew this thread topic would get some hearts pump'in & it's great to see our member's get `up in arms & defend what they own/love/drive & enjoy 4-Sure

p.s. If any member wants the writer of this articles home phone # or address..Just ask in your post (LOL) ~> LMAO 2 (LOL)

Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi StumpMI, I think you can tell that I did not like the article, but I won't shoot the messenger (LOL) I know that the Chevy Monte Carlo is not for everyone & that's OK with me...It was not build for everyone , It was only built for intelligent/wise/well informed people that needed/wanted/desired a Super Touring Performance Coupe that they could afford for the Best Bang 4 the $'s they had ~> 4-Sure I knew this thread topic would get some hearts pump'in & it's great to see our member's get `up in arms & defend what they own/love/drive & enjoy 4-Sure

p.s. If any member wants the writer of this articles home phone # or address..Just ask in your post (LOL) ~> LMAO 2 (LOL)

Peace/Out
AHMEN brother!
peace out!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The allante was just on an episode of top gear I watched and now all i keep seeing them everywhere. I seen like 5 of them on craigslist yesterday alone.lol

Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
The allante was just on an episode of top gear I watched and now all i keep seeing them everywhere. I seen like 5 of them on craigslist yesterday alone.lol
I too just saw that episode...lol

Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 AM

I can't beleive they choose the Monte Carlo out of Chevy's when there are so many worse cars...what about the Chevette or shovette as we used to call them.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 AM

The new Buick Regal. Ugly 4 door
The new Dodge Dart. Yuck

Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think one of the most embarassing vehicles has to be the Cadillac Cimarron. It literally was a re-badged Cavalier, with some minor "Cadillac" appearance upgrades. VERY minor. It was during the era when GM had the tendency for every division to have it's own version of the same car.

Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac Sunbird, Oldsmobile Firenza, Buick Skyhawk, Cadillac Cimarron.

The 1980's Cavalier and Sunbird was okay. Since they were really meant to be basic transportation. And that's what they excelled at. Basic, economical, transportation. They weren't meant to be any kind of performance car in any measure. Especially at 90 hp. But when GM tried to make it into a luxury car by putting the Cadillac name on it, well, that was just embarassing to the Cadillac name. I think someone may have gotten fired for that idea.

As for the Jalopnik article on the Monte, f*** jalopnik. I'm not shooting the messenger here. Just jalopnik. And not because I own a 6th gen Monte.

The 6th gen Monte was a great car for it's era.

Chevy started with the 5th gen design. The 5th gen design was typical of the 1990's. Both in design and performance. The body lines are very typical of 1990's cars. And the 3.1 engine was a very common engine used in many GM cars in the 90's.

The 6th gen was the next evolution of the Monte. They took the 5th gen, and made the lines look more up to date and followed the shape of nascar racecars. Which made sense since the Monte was Chevy's entry in nascar. It also shared the W body of the Pontiac Grand Prix.

As for the engine and tranny in the 6th gen. Most of the Detroit 3's offerings in the 80's, 90's, and 00's were front wheel drive V6's. The engine/tranny combo was typical of that era. And so was the performance. You can't compare a 6th gen to today's standards.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 PM

5 Year Member

anyone remember the YUGO!....what a steaming heap of DUNG!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

im pretty sure gm made plenty of worse cars than the monte carlo. I got nothing on the top of my head right now but the monte by far isn't a dud or it wouldn't have been around for so long and be as popular as it is.

Quick Reply: What Vehicle Is The Biggest Disgrace To Its Company’s History?