Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

?>What type of Cell Phone do you have ? Do you want ?

Old 04-04-2016, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ?>What type of Cell Phone do you have ? Do you want ?

Hi Member's
What type of cell phone to you have ?
What type would you like to have ?
Do you like your carrier ?
Please post/share `OK

Best phones of 2016

Looking for the best new phone? CNET editors rigorously test the design, cameras, battery life, speed and call quality of hundreds of phones per year. We run battery drain tests and performance benchmarks, we take thousands of photos and videos, and we evaluate hidden software features -- all to bring you frequent updates to our list of favorites.

The one to splurge on

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Why we chose it: It's our first 5-star phone. Who it's for: Anyone willing to pay a premium for design. Top strengths: Everything the S7 has, plus a sexy design, larger screen and bigger battery.

Price: $779.99 - $794.99 Check prices

5Stars
SPECTACULAR

This is the phone to beat

Samsung Galaxy S7

Why we chose it: It's an ideal combination of features and performance. Who it's for: Android fans who want the best phone to date. Top strengths: Awesome camera, lightning-fast performance and great battery life -- plus expandable storage and water-resistance.

Price: $595.00 - $694.99 Check prices

4.5Stars
OUTSTANDING

A touch of the future

Apple iPhone 6S

Why we chose it: An excellent all-arounder, Apple's iconic iPhone builds on past strengths. Who it's for: Everyone, but you get the most of it if you also use an iPad or Mac. Top strengths: Ease of use, seamless build, option to buy direct from Apple.

Price: $24.97 - $1,024.99 Check prices

4.5Stars
OUTSTANDING

Bigger iPhone is (mostly) better

Apple iPhone 6s Plus

Why we chose it: The 6S is just like the iPhone, but bigger. Who it's for: Apple fans who enjoy a larger screen. Top strengths: Bigger battery than iPhone 6, optical image stabilization for video.

Price: $31.64 - $1,294.99 Check prices

4.5Stars
OUTSTANDING

A mighty phone with a mighty pen

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Why we chose it: With its stylus for navigation and writing, the Note 5 is the ultimate Android phone for power users. Who it's for: Those who love a beautiful, large-screen display, and people who value writing or drawing by hand. Top strengths: Productivity, stylus use keeps the screen smudge-free, large screen.

Price: $449.99 - $739.99 Check prices

4.5Stars
OUTSTANDING

The best mini Android phone around

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Why we chose it: It's a terrific deal for a camera that soars and a water-resistant body. Who it's for: People who want a smaller-size Android phone. Top strengths: Camera quality, value.

Price: $417.99 - $433.44 Check prices

4.5Stars
OUTSTANDING

Retro small iPhone with top-notch 2016 features

Apple iPhone SE

Why we chose it: Crams nearly every iPhone 6S feature into smaller, more affordable body. Who it's for: Fans of smaller, older iPhone design who want today's camera and speedy operation. Top strengths: Portability, camera, value.

Price: $0.00 - $486.00 Check prices

4Stars
EXCELLENT

Best-ever Nexus a high-end win

Google Nexus 6P

Why we chose it: This best-ever Nexus does everything you throw at it very well, for a great price. The cost-to-value ratio is through the roof. Who it's for: People who want a high-performing device for less than the superpremium phones cost. Top strengths: Fast, accurate fingerprint scanner, loud speakers, reliable camera.

Price: $579.00 Check prices

4Stars
EXCELLENT

Raising the bar on camera control

LG V10

Why we chose it: The big, pretty LG V10 isn't cheap, but it does introduce some amazing manual controls for the phone's photo and video capturing. Who it's for: This high-end handset will appeal to anyone looking for a top-of-the-line Android device. Top strengths: Camera software; textured, elegant design.

Price: $599.99 - $699.99 Check prices

4Stars
EXCELLENT

Inexpensive but good, with a software surprise

Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 (5.5)

Why we chose it: This 5.5-inch device has a surprisingly low price tag for all that the phone can do. Who it's for: Budget-seekers, especially those who prefer that their phone isn't tied to a specific carrier. Top strengths: Loud speakers, camera, "reversible" software layout.

Price: $229.00 - $294.99 Check prices

3.5Stars
VERY GOOD

One of our favorite budget Androids

Motorola Moto G Late 2015

Why we chose it: The perennially likable Moto G offers the best customization around. Who it's for: Wallet-watchers looking for a midrange phone with lots of personality. Top strengths: Customizable look, comfortable build, good price.

Price: $129.99 - $173.98 Check prices

3.5Stars
VERY GOOD

See all phones

10 best smartphones in the US | TechRadar

www.techradar.com/.../phone.../mobile-phones/20-best-mobil...
TechRadar

Mar 22, 2016 - Best phones for 2016, from iPhone to Android ... We test out the latestand - sometimes - greatest phones in ... See more Mobile phones news.9: HTC One M9 - ‎1: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - ‎3: Sony Xperia Z5 - ‎4: LG G4

Old 04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Default Memeber's Cell Phone to stay in contact with the World ?

I just have a old Samsung cell phone from or for work We can only use it for work (No personal calls, unless it's an emergency) I've had personal cell phones, but they don't like me...They keep falling out of my pocket or hands and falling into the ocean when I'm on a boat or falling from the tower when I'm working the crane (LOL). I must have abused them and they depart me.

I'll be getting another one and I was searching & I thought member's would like to see what's new and let other member's know what they have & if they are happy with their phone & carrier ?

"I'll show you mine `if you show me yours"

Old 04-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Question ? Thanks ?

Thanks Member's for all your posts & information

^ I didn't think that was funny, but thanks for
sending it to me

I'm telling the `Mod's, That's a BAD WORD

or post

Old 04-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the info. Mike.
I have to agree with the authors. I don't know about the latest model Samsung's, but the company I work for issued me a factory refurbished Samsung Galaxy S2 about six years ago and it's been amazingly durable. I'm told the company has a 3 million dollar cell phone budget, and they have tested probably every smart phone on the market. They have finally settled on Samsung as the standard. Just wish they would choose a better carrier than T-Mobile, their coverage sucks. Verizon seems to be the leader there.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:06 PM

Hi Bob and thanks for being the 1st member to post on this thread. My old samsung does the job and yes, they get good reviews. Our company is presently with AT&T, but my boss is going to change to Verizon if he can get the right price. Our company phone budget is high, but I don't know the amount.

I was with Metro PC and I think it is connected with T-Mobile. It was decent, but not good. The price was right for as much as I used it. I don't want to become a phone addict & have my phone control my life with a thousand texts a day (LOL)... The phone's I like are expensive, but life seems to be getting more expensive 4-Sure...Thanks again `Bob

Old 04-04-2016, 07:04 PM

Got an IPhone 5S, I don't want to upgrade to a 6 cause of the size factor and all iPhones have the same features no point in upgrading.

If this phone breaks or it becomes outdated to where it can no longer keep up with apples updates then I'll switch to Galaxy S7. The features I use on my phone are much better on the Galaxy.

Though I'm sticking with AT&T as I like their sevice best over T Mobile & version

Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Android, samsung galaxy s6

Search this Thread