Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What Are My Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What Are My Plans? - New Mod Thread

Hey guys...

As many of you guys may know, or know now, I am demodding my Monte and getting rid of everything that I had planned for it. If you are looking for something for your car, you may be able to find it in my thread below:

For Sale: Demod Sale - Page 2 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Some people have asked what my plans are now and have stated that they're sad that I'm ending my road here, which I am also, but the time has come to move on.

My first plan is to continue selling my large collection of parts:

If you guys need anything, I probably have some of it sitting in my room or garage haha

Right now I would like to get my Monte back to stock form, of course it will keep the rims, tint, dual exhaust (minus the tips), spoiler, upper grille and my stereo for some time. Once it is here I will be placing it up for sale, but if I don't get a reasonable offer for it, it will be turned into my daily and will be driven, A LOT. I would like to sell it for something with higher miles and that isn't as nice so I don't have to worry about it and I can get some cash, but we'll see where that goes.

I am currently putting all proceeds from the sales into a fund where it will be saved for my new car, which I will discuss below. I plan on putting some of the money into some items for the homeless people in Milwaukee for Thanksgiving, since I can't afford to feed them all, I'd at least like to make their days a little more comfortable, this will be done with some of the local car guys, if anyone would like to help out just let me know!

Now, what do I have planned? I am planning to save some cash and take 25% of my checks out for loans to pay off my schooling and take 25% out to put into my 'car savings' account. Here is what I'm looking to get next:

Something of that nature, I'm hoping for a 2012 or newer 2SS/RS, manual, with touchscreen and sunroof, the rest isn't as big of a deal.

I plan to add an intake, headers and full exhaust.. followed by suspension. But that is all sometime down the line (1.5-2 years).

For now I'd like to find a cheaper daily driver that I won't have to or want to put money into, so if anyone sees a cheap GTP or similar, let a brotha know! haha

I just thought I'd let you guys all know what the deal was with my sudden decision to lean away from modding my Monte and go a different route.

I'll still be sticking around the site as I transfer over to Camaro5. I plan to stay here even when I get a Camaro because you guys are like a separate family to me and I've gotten to know a lot of you guys very well.

Let me know what you guys think about my decision, good or bad, I won't be offended.

Last edited by red04montels; 02-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Seems like a decent plan, deff not a fan of the camaro but everyone has there own tastes, so everything in the pics are forsale?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Mitch, I hate to see your car go man, you put some great work into it and made it an awesome Monte........Best of luck with the new plans......Thanks dude for being a great contributor to the forum, can't wait to see what you do with a Camaro.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Seems like a decent plan, deff not a fan of the camaro but everyone has there own tastes, so everything in the pics are forsale?
For sure, I do like your taste though! The 300 is sick!

And yeah everything is for sale!

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Mitch, I hate to see your car go man, you put some great work into it and made it an awesome Monte........Best of luck with the new plans......Thanks dude for being a great contributor to the forum, can't wait to see what you do with a Camaro.
Thanks Chris! It means a lot, I hate to see it go also, but I feel like that's what a lot of enthusiasts do, build it to where they like it and start again or build it to the point that they don't think it's worth it anymore lol

Thanks for the kind words!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM

I am upset that you broke apart a perfectly working set of clear corners.

Everything else sounds like a good plan. I was NOT a fan of the Camaros at first but they have grown on me.
I'd still get a Vette over one though. (Dreaming)

Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Best of luck with the demod! A lot of great parts and great prices, really shouldn't have much of a problem selling it all in time.

My personal opinion, (oh god, here we go with what I'm doing LOL), is to keep yours as your daily driver. I wouldn't really waste time putting money into a cheap GTP or similar. It may start out as cheap, but cheap isn't always good. You may end up putting more money into that just in maintenance, repairs than you would by just keeping your Monte, which you know has been taken care of, I assume . You've taken great care of your car so I see no reason why it wouldn't be an excellent trade-in towards a new Camaro. PLUS all of the money you get from demodding can help go towards a down-payment, mods for the new car, taxes, title & registration fees, insurance (if you pay it), etc.

Everything should work out in the end. We all need to move on eventually. I find it very funny that a quick realization and totaling up all of the "stuff" you have just sitting, you want to sell and move on. That's exactly how it happened to me. I noticed that I have way too much money in Monte Carlo and mods just sitting in my garage, scattered throughout my apartment, and my parents house and garage Not sure what it was but I just got the urge to start selling haha!

I'm not set in stone with what car I want to get after school and after I get all of my parts/mods sold, but I've got quite a few in mind, FWD and V6 has for sure been ruled out though :P Look forward to seeing what you end up with in a few years

I've got to admit, I will be sad to see my favorite LS on the site go back to stock and be sold/traded

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 11-05-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by trewyn15
For sure, I do like your taste though! The 300 is sick!

And yeah everything is for sale!
Thanks & im sure u can make a camaro look good might look over all your stuff

Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
I am upset that you broke apart a perfectly working set of clear corners.

Everything else sounds like a good plan. I was NOT a fan of the Camaros at first but they have grown on me.
I'd still get a Vette over one though. (Dreaming)
Those clear corners can be thrown on a perfectly good set of black housings though and look good as new and have less sealing issues! haha

My dad's getting the Vette... I should say my mom and dad. He was telling me the other night how much he loved his C5 when he had it, I figure getting him another will be a nice way to say, hey thanks for all that you have done for me to get me to this point. Oh and lets take the cars to shows of course lol

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Best of luck with the demod! A lot of great parts and great prices, really shouldn't have much of a problem selling it all in time.

My personal opinion, (oh god, here we go with what I'm doing LOL), is to keep yours as your daily driver. I wouldn't really waste time putting money into a cheap GTP or similar. It may start out as cheap, but cheap isn't always good. You may end up putting more money into that just in maintenance, repairs than you would by just keeping your Monte, which you know has been taken care of, I assume . You've taken great care of your car so I see no reason why it wouldn't be an excellent trade-in towards a new Camaro. PLUS all of the money you get from demodding can help go towards a down-payment, mods for the new car, taxes, title & registration fees, insurance (if you pay it), etc.

Everything should work out in the end. We all need to move on eventually. I find it very funny that a quick realization and totaling up all of the "stuff" you have just sitting, you want to sell and move on. That's exactly how it happened to me. I noticed that I have way too much money in Monte Carlo and mods just sitting in my garage, scattered throughout my apartment, and my parents house and garage Not sure what it was but I just got the urge to start selling haha!

I'm not set in stone with what car I want to get after school and after I get all of my parts/mods sold, but I've got quite a few in mind, FWD and V6 has for sure been ruled out though :P Look forward to seeing what you end up with in a few years

I've got to admit, I will be sad to see my favorite LS on the site go back to stock and be sold/traded
Thanks for the kind words Justin, I think I may keep the Monte, it really all depends on what I can find and if something comes up or if I can get the van as a beater or really anything is an option at this point. It may not be a bad idea to keep it and just rack on the miles, but then the overall value is sure to drop when the car hits 10 years old, so I was thinking to possibly get rid of it before that point.

But we will see and I will keep everyone updated, that's for sure!

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Thanks & im sure u can make a camaro look good might look over all your stuff
I sure hope so haha I think they look good already lol

Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 AM

Hi `Mitch,
"Dream `it - Plan `it - Act `it" ~> Good Luck 4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails What Are My Plans?-can-do-4-sure.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just when I think I'm gonna get rid of you Mitch, you'll just follow me over to Camaro5

Quick Reply: What Are My Plans?