Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What happened?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What happened?

The forum is at like 20% of its usual posting levels.. is it finals? is everyone busy finding Christmas presents (I need money to get to Montes @ MIS if you're looking for something for me)? Is it a combination of the above? Is everyone out of town? I'm just wondering why the forum is getting slow... thats all.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: What happened?

For me it's work, shopping, trying to find time to sleep in there some place, and watching Santa Claus is coming to town.

And not to forget talking with my Monte Carlo friends on MCFs.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say your guess is most likely correct, Duane.
Exam time, plus all the Holidays being celebrated at this time of year. Christmas, Hannukah (sp?), etc...

I'd also expect that since it's winter time (I don't care if the calendar says it's not officially winter yet...it's cold, there's snow on the ground, it's freakin winter!),most of us here who get winter weather don't feel like wrenching and detailing our Montes in 20 degree weather.

Besides, we got 10 inches of snow on the ground in the southern Ontario/southeastern Michigan area. Although the Monte is covered top to bottom with salt stains, dirty road slush, and icicles, washing it is both not a good idea and a waste of time. If I washed it, the windows, doors and trunk lid would freeze shut. And it would be covered in slush after driving one block anyway. I'm sure glad I got the heated seats. Stops the shivering when starting the car first thing in the morning.

I'm guessing once the holidays and exams are over, the boards will be back to normal.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:59 PM

I thought I was overdoing it just asking a few things about my new (used) Monte. Those guys who came through and answered my questions put me onthe right track to getting some needed maintenance done on this car ... I'll tell ya!

Thanks to everybody who set ame straight and took time to write.
I really appreciate it!

I got a Ratchet Strap, tonight. I should have that Engine off the front mount and pulled forward enough to get my ample frame in there to yank those three back-side Plugs and be caught-up with doing the Plugs at 60,000 (70,000+)

Old 12-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

The forum is at like 20% of its usual posting levels.. is it finals? is everyone busy finding Christmas presents (I need money to get to Montes @ MIS if you're looking for something for me)? Is it a combination of the above? Is everyone out of town? I'm just wondering why the forum is getting slow... thats all.
The forum is our personal playground.

This is the time of year we are thinking of others more than ourselves.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Mostly due to the fact that I'm back home with 24kbs Dial-Up. Kinda puts a cramp on any sorta surfing I wanna do, so I kinda save up for a few days then get on...

Old 12-19-2007, 11:45 PM

finals and work for me

Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd also expect that since it's winter time (I don't care if the calendar says it's not officially winter yet...it's cold, there's snow on the ground, it's freakin winter!),most of us here who get winter weather don't feel like wrenching and detailing our Montes in 20 degree weather.

I used to hand wash both our Montes no matter want the weather was.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Out of work and spending the last 2 months looking for a Database Administrator position.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ironically enough, after i started this thread the posting levels went up a little bit....

Quick Reply: What happened?