Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>What do you want to `be when you grow up ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >What do you want to `be when you grow up ?

? What ?

What are you Now ?
If you could do it over again (?)
What would you like to `be ?

Are you happy doing what you are doing now ?
If not, what would you like to be doing ?

* I'm just trying to keep our forum active.
We don't have many sponsors & the ones
we do have I'm very thankful.
A forum needs to be active to survive, so
please do your part & stay active & check
in when you can.
I'd like to see more member's checking in on
our MCF `Blog + doing their best to help
other member's with their Monte problems
`if & when they can
Thank You

*OK, what do you want to `be ?
How about being a super active MCF Member..
That's a good start

Your `Turn
Hit reply below & then some keys

Old 10-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Talking >Surfs`Up<

Oh, when I grow `up I want to `be a
Rich Beach Bum
$$$$$$$$$$$
instead of
a
Poor one

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-15-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Talking >Everyone is Happy, in there own way<

WoW, no member make a post. I must assume that means that everyone is happy with who they are >WoW<
That's great. What's your secret ? If you were granted the chance to do your life all over again (?), would you do the same thing ? Be the same person ?

This has been a unofficial MCF `Bump (LOL)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-16-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

When I grow up I still want to be a Cowboy (Roy Rogers) or maybe even Zorro I got the Black Shirt, Jeans, a Cape and the Mask. I just Need the hat and a Black Andolosian Horse, oh and a Saddle too.

Attached Thumbnails &gt;What do you want to `be when you grow up ?-zorro-2-.jpg   &gt;What do you want to `be when you grow up ?-roy-bike.jpg  
Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

I never became who I thought I would that's for sure. At 09 years or so I envisioned being some thick chested, full bearded gung ho combat soldier. Was a fraudulent enlistment at 16, got kicked out, was back at the AFEE'S station in St. Louis the day I turned 17 (with parents signature) to re-enlist. Ended up not being a such a big guy, crappy face hair, a soldier who never went to combat. And so with that after 09 years in the game stressing out and such I pulled the plug on the army and now just wander the earth doing crap work.

No real goal I guess, it's pretty much game over for me. Work to make money, pay the bills and do it all over again. So I grew up to be nobody who ever did anything substantial for mankind. Sure I do tile installations that may last a few generations but there will be no lasting mark like the many billions of nameless people who have come before us. I used to go with my wife to the cemetery while she did her power walks, I would walk and look at the multitudes of headstones, who were you, what did you do, what did you become, look what happened to you, dead, dead, dead. The walks would make me sad seeing all the death, spent youth, hopes dashed short some dead at 3 days, 14 years, 27 years, it waits for us all. I would be angry at this life with end, but would concede my anger to hopelessness , knowing that death too will come for me. Grave yards make me so sad, I hate to go into them. So as I near my end I have become another face, nothing special, a name soon forgotten.

I squandered my life with no real goals, try to make it comfortable by making decent money, but that to is just more pressure getting the new $600 phone, new $45,000 work truck, etc, etc. I grew tired of the game, still have my old Nokia 6263 flip phone, 96 GMC pickup, 2004 46" Sanyo Plasma tv and other well worn trappings one acquires. I spend stupid amounts of $$ on the Monte, the only thing that I feel I have real control over and care to spend some crazy money on. A one of a kind car, a statement about myself that I could put forth visually. Something I had total control over. A project bordering on stupidity the amount of money I have put into it, but it was me, all the way or nothing.

Depressing knowing there will be nothing good to come out of all this but the grim reaper. An another thread was started for "Prayer's", I had to chuckle, so many, most people want to believe there is something after all of this, ( I hope there is) that they live their lives around those beliefs, at times bordering on insanity. Killing another human, maiming another human because of a erroneous belief of superiority. I have to laugh at those mad souls and pity the poor ones who have been subjected to torturous deaths over the ages all in the name of an entity who refuses to show up and set things right. What great leadership, what great parenting skills, left us to fight among ourselves over who has the true god.

I liken religion to a horse race, each horse is a different religion, which one are you going to put you money on? The idea of going to the track is to win, well which horse is the right religion, are you there to win (as you should be) or will your ticket end up in the litter at the track's restroom floor, like the many other losing tickets. It's a conundrum and I choose not to play, it will be what it will be for me. Least I did not have to live enduring un-valid-datable dogma, tithing away money so some guy can hang out his whole life in a church beating you down over something he knows full well he cannot prove.

I used to say lets make 2 lines... This one over here, you will be immediately shot and killed, if your belief in God is so strong, then you theoretically will be going to your heaven. This second line over here you will live to 500 years old and have a wonderful life. Which line would fill up faster? I say the one with the sure thing, continued life and not the one with hoping there is a heaven and a quick death in about 10 minutes. The point is there is no way to guarantee anything is after this, one just has to believe, but that does not give you a right to kill others in the name of your beliefs, no right at all, as you too may be wrong. So that is why I cannot play that game, there are lives at stake.

Roger Waters lyrics: What God wants...

What God wants God gets God help us all
What God wants God gets
The kid in the corner looked at the priest
And fingered his pale blue Japanese guitar
The priest said
God wants goodness
God wants light
God wants mayhem
God wants a clean fight
What God wants God gets
Don't look so surprised
It's only dogma
The alien prophet cried
The beetle and the springbok
Took the bible from it's hook
The monkey in the corner
Wrote the lesson in his book
What God wants God gets God help us all
God wants peace
God wants war
God wants famine
God wants chain stories
What God wants God gets
God wants sedition
God wants sex
God wants freedom
God wants semtex
What God wants God gets
Don't look so surprised
I'm only joking
The alien comic cried
The jackass and hyena
Took the feather from it's book
The monkey in the corner
Wrote the joke down his book
What God wants God gets
God wants boarders
God wants crack
God wants rainfall
God wants wetbacks
What God wants God gets
God wants voodoo
God wants shrines
God wants law
God wants organised crime
God wants crusade
God wants jihad
God wants good
God wants bad
What God wants God gets

XTC Lyrics: Dear God

Dear God, hope You got the letter
And I pray You can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that You made in Your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat
From God, I can't believe in You

Dear God, sorry to disturb You
But I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that You made in Your image
See them fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet
About God, I can't believe in You

Did You make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did You make mankind after we made You?
And the devil too

Dear God, don't know if You noticed
But Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
Us crazy humans wrote it, You should take a look
And all the people that You made in Your image

Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't and so do You
Dear God, I can't believe in, I don't believe in

I won't believe in Heaven and Hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down

The wars You bring, the babes You drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps to compound

That the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if You're up there You'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's You, dear God

So in ending my rant, I came, I saw and I died, nothing to see here, move along... Just another old man waiting for his turn to jet off into the blackness of space, hopefully this was not all for nothing...