Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do `You do for a living ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:39 AM

I work as a vault tech for an armored car service and before you ask, I have no free samples! ...VERY original question I may add.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

First job out of college, tech support for a gradebook software program... It pays the bills.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
I work as a vault tech for an armored car service and before you ask, I have no free samples! ...VERY original question I may add.
If no free samples............... how about passing out some of the stuff you took home? LOL

Hi Member's,
What is your profession ? How do you make $'s to survive
in this crazy world we are living ?
I work for UPS. I'm a supervisor. Been there 11 years now.

Unfortunately...... I need more. It won't be easy leaving (if it comes down to this choice) after all this time but I have to look out for numero uno. No one else will.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rj
If no free samples............... how about passing out some of the stuff you took home? LOL

Shhh... they don't know about that!

Funny thing is there was a time I was asked that numerous times a day, but the last time someone asked me I was actually signing the papers on the Impala. Dork salesman walking past starts laughing... "Hey money man, you got any free samples?" I leaned forward out of the chair looking at the black on black Camaro SS in the showroom and said as straight-faced as I could, "Nope, how about you?" The other salesman that were with him about fell on the floor laughing. He shut up and I never saw him again the rest of the time I was there.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 AM

I own several of my own companies in the automotive industry. I own MovIt Brakes USA. The American distributor for the best brake systems in the world. Both Steel and ceramic kits that are even used on Formula 1 car. I also import and sell all the GXP Brake calipers that the W-Body Store sells for the W-Body platform. In addition to that, I am an engineer. I engineer, manufacture and sell my own line of auto carpet kits, sway bars, and other suspension devices. Been doing it for the last 11 years. Have had a few magazine articles written about me and my products. We even sell our systems to the US Government and they are installed on US Border Patrol and US Military Vehicles.

Last edited by SSmokybear; 04-15-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 PM

Crickets

Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

`Mike, I envy U 4-Sure
Good Luck on your Ph.D.
I heard about all those great coffee shops in
`Vancouver, B.C.
"Great places 2 study" ~*

Thanks `Member's for your posts & adding 2 the
activity on the MCF
haha. Coffee shops are certainly not lacking in Van City. Downtown there are several major intersections with a 2 Starbucks kitty-corner. Luckily we are having a gorgeous spring. It's 15* C (60*F) right now and sunny, can still see snow on the mountains. I think the patio's will be opening soon. Not that anyone will be out there cause its hockey playoff season and the Canucks are gonna kick some L.A. ***!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

i drill holes in the ground lol

& i also paint & fix cars when that slows down

Old 04-15-2010, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a tool & die mold maker. 36 years now, and back to 1982 wages.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM

i work for ups going on 10 years now as a fulltime worker most of my time is spent on the airport side of things

Quick Reply: What do `You do for a living ?