Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what the *%*&(*%&#*(Y&*(%&#*(%R&#*(?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: what the *%*&(*%&#*(Y&*(%&#*(%R&#*(?

you know ,teh thing about "wait 5 mins and it will change"

they say that about just about everywhere. i haven't been anywhere where this was literally true.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it actually has happened round here...it can b sunny and in literally 5 minutes thunderheads have blown in and u have to get off the lake...it happens so fast u barely notice

Old 01-08-2008, 03:35 PM

5 Year Member

really? hmm. i've been as far as milwaukee in the summer time, most of my traveling was done in the summer with my dad. i've been to 20 states, but the sad part is all i've ever done is see the roads and some of teh scenery along the roads. i very rarelly get the chance to enjoy the places i go. i'm willing to bet i've seen the inside of more warehouses and factorys than anybody on this forum (i'll lose if somebody who inspects them or anotehr trucker comes too). But I've seen alot of roads in a lot of states, seen a lot of farms, mountains, and met a lot of people. Florida rain storms can come in rather quick. Now that I think back, I remember I was just west of Cincinnati one time and all of a sudden it just started raining... 10 mins later it stopped and back to sunny again. Hmm... mayeb I have been somewhere this happened.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Ya Kweef you were lucky you didn't get hit by the twisters. I live in north east IL, about 30 min south of the Wisconsin border and we hardly got any rain, go figure.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM

yah the midwest is an interestin place

Old 01-08-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: kweef

yah the midwest is an interestin place
X2

Last year school was called off on account of a no visibility blizzard that had started in the early morning hours. Blizzard stopped about 9am and by 10am all 5-6 inches of snow was melted and it was about 60 degrees with no clouds in the sky. Beautiful day to have off of school, even the mud was fun on my 400ex.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Hey Jeremy - Their still fishing out on Buette Des Mortes and Poygan.

I want to get to Long Lake and Kettle Moraine this year yet.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM

5 Year Member

reminds me of a time last year.. they cancelled school once everyone was there and the raods were iced over. the weather forecast called for the 50's that afternoon. the ice would be metled by afternoon. everyone was there, mission accomplished. 5 mins before class started, they sent us all home on now icy roads. they weren't icy until baout 15 minutes before class. now that the roads were icy, and everyone was safe at schoool, they sent us all home.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

Kweef,

Was your area hit by the tornadoes that went through today?
I live just north of St.Louis on the Illinois side, and 2 people were killed in my arealast night/thismorning from tornadoes.Both lived in trailer parks... [:'(]
I was awaken at about 3am last night by some EXTREMELY loud thunder and potent lightning, and the wind was really gettin it too.

Its amazing how it can be in the low teens one day, then 7 days later the high is a record tieing 73 degrees.

Gotta love the Midwest...

Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Hey Jeremy - Their still fishing out on Buette Des Mortes and Poygan.

I want to get to Long Lake and Kettle Moraine this year yet.
very smart of them to do so...or not,there was good ice on them b4 the warm weather and rain but ill be damned if im steppin out there now, hopefully it freezes soon

Quick Reply: what the *%*&(*%&#*(Y&*(%&#*(%R&#*(?