Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

We're having a boy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brock loves to talk about lazy parents buying a 4 door... he's never installed a car seat, I can see!!! It took my brother and I about ten minutes hte first time to get one in the back seat of a 4 door Focus. The minivan ain't much better, but he can do it in about 5 minutes. Those thangs practically anchor to the car with those little hooks. You could fip the car and the only thing your kid would be is a little dizzy.

As far as advice, well, I'm no father, but I'm an uncle to 3. Two pieces of advice.

1) When the baby poops in it's diaper, it is not appropriate to hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Shocker, but this is considered normal maintenance and you are supposed to change it. Fascinating concept.

2) When you accept that you've got a good 3 years or so of diaper changes coming up, the second thing you need to know is that on the box where it says "6-10 lbs", they are not kidding you a bit. They are not underrated, 6-10 lbs is all it will hold.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Congrats man! Please dont become one of those guys who sells thier car for a 4 door because theyre too lazy to fit be baby between the seat and the pillar.
No need for a sedan.
I've been doing it with my son. You'll look cooler in a Monte
Unless you get a scooby (I've been eyeing these badboys lately)

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Brock loves to talk about lazy parents buying a 4 door... he's never installed a car seat, I can see!!! It took my brother and I about ten minutes hte first time to get one in the back seat of a 4 door Focus. The minivan ain't much better, but he can do it in about 5 minutes. Those thangs practically anchor to the car with those little hooks. You could fip the car and the only thing your kid would be is a little dizzy.

As far as advice, well, I'm no father, but I'm an uncle to 3. Two pieces of advice.

1) When the baby poops in it's diaper, it is not appropriate to hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Shocker, but this is considered normal maintenance and you are supposed to change it. Fascinating concept.

2) When you accept that you've got a good 3 years or so of diaper changes coming up, the second thing you need to know is that on the box where it says "6-10 lbs", they are not kidding you a bit. They are not underrated, 6-10 lbs is all it will hold.
Hahahaha that's hilarious.

As far as the hooks, i think that became a must in every vehicle after 2000.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:41 PM

Congrats!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congratulations and as far as the car situation goes we had 2 babys in car seats in a 2 door grand am so a monte carlo would have been a dream come true. Now carrying all of the baby equipment(stroller,playpen,diaper bag) thats another story.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The baby probably won't do much traveling in the Monte until he's older. My wife side that the Monte's too loud and scary for a baby

Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Congrats man! Please dont become one of those guys who sells thier car for a 4 door because theyre too lazy to fit be baby between the seat and the pillar.
Haha touche, but I love my new european 4 door! It's so comfortable and excellent safety ratings

Couldn't imagine trying to squeeze the giant carrier into the back of the monte...no thanks. I did find a nice seat protector to help keep the carseat from marking up the leather. Although using a seat protector voids the warranty of the car seat.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
Haha touche, but I love my new european 4 door! It's so comfortable and excellent safety ratings

Couldn't imagine trying to squeeze the giant carrier into the back of the monte...no thanks. I did find a nice seat protector to help keep the carseat from marking up the leather. Although using a seat protector voids the warranty of the car seat.
What the heck did you get?
We got no intro, pics, ... nada!!?!

Old 01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea, I wanna see.

You could always a have a designated car carrier that you just strap him into.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM

We have the base station strapped in my wifes car that the carseat/carrier clips into and in my car I just put in a designated car seat because he will probably be too big for the carrier soon. You know, my car with the 2.0T :P I need to wash it before I put up pictures, damn thing is already covered in salt.

Zipper, this is what I got to protect the car's seat:
http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-...5991809&sr=8-6

If you sign up at www.amazon.com/mom You get free 2 day shipping on baby stuff and I get coupon codes from them, what seems like weekly, for 20% off diapers and $10 off any order from the baby store. Pretty nice.

Also sign-up at Pampers.com when you start buying diapers. The diaper's will come with codes you put into their website and get some nice rewards. I've found Pampers to work the best, less leaks and blowouts, but Costco sells Huggies super cheap so that's a dilemma. If you got a Costco you can also get formula there cheap. We like Enfamil over Similac, the Enfamil seems to make him less gassy but your mileage will probably vary.

Boudreaux's Butt Paste is excellent for diaper rash, and also rashes they will get in their baby fat rolls lol.

All the tips I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 01-25-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 PM

Congrats Zipper! my wife is also prego (11 weeks) and there will be no carseat in my Monte it will be in her 4 door Buick Lesabre, Best of luck to you and your family man!

Quick Reply: We're having a boy!