Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Well possible but, probably not, worth a try though

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Default Well possible but, probably not, worth a try though

well i found a monte that i like a lot and i might be able to afford it since now i have a job, i'm only making minimum wage. Anyways heres the link, its a local dealership: 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS - Cars For Sale Hagerstown, MD, just let me know if it doesnt work, thanks a bunch!!!! also i have an idea for the forum, if there isnt one already at least i didnt find it, but is there a place to post this kind of threads? Just let me know, thanks!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:26 PM

Personally, I think that's over priced. For the asking price you can find yourself a nice high sport.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 PM

well i live in a town of dealers meaning overpriced cars for really high mileage cars, that to me is a good and a bad thing because i can probably get them down 2,000 cause it needs some work, i know this because i have a friend with a dad that knows a lot about montes so yea....

Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Maybe if you bring cash at hand. Good luck let us know how it goes.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM

I hope so man i really do cause i have a 77' but i mean i really want a newer one cause they get a lot better gas mileage, alright i will

Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM

It dont seem awful in price compared to some I've seen with much more miles gope all goes well. It looks nice!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It looks clean and well taken care of.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

It looks decent & taken care of good, talk em down as much as u can & see if it fits in urbudget

Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Seems a little high but I just looked at some comparable cars on autotrader in my area and it's in the price range. The private owner cars are considerably less like in the 3 to 4000 range.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a nice looking clean car. With no obvious damage or rust visible in the pictures. But I think it's a bit overpriced. But then again, that's how all car lots are.

That car lot is doing their job, selling up the car and it's features. Making it sound better than it really is. But as you may already know, most of the items listed in the car's list of options, are not actually options. Like AM/FM radio, driver airbag, power steering, front cup holders. Just to name a few. Those are all items that would qualify as "no sh*t sherlock" features. Don't be fooled by the "alarm system" option. If it's the factory installed alarm, it's not as good as you might think. It certainly wouldn't substitute for a professionally installed aftermarket alarm system.

It is a nice car though. If you're looking for a reliable Monte that will be good on gas, that looks to be a good one. If you can get it for a nice price. If you've never had heated seats in winter before, you'll be in for a very nice winter driving experience.

As for the question about forum sections. I'm not sure what "kind of thread" you're talking about. But if I understand you right, I would say the "General Monte Carlo Talk" section would be the one you're looking for. But this one (Off Topic) works okay too.

Quick Reply: Well possible but, probably not, worth a try though