Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

well heres an update

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Default well heres an update

ok so heres an update ... so far i have done three local car shows ... 2 in the county i live in an the other in a surrounding county thats not even 15 minutes away .. ok ... so at the first show i went to which was held at the local wal-mart ... i knew i wouldnt get anything because it was all of who the judges knew won .... well the next show when i went to sign up for my class ... this little old woman throws me in with the race cars that have like built engines an stuff .. thats not my car ..so she ends up stickin me in the same class as my boyfriend who is driving his honda i mean come on ...she might as well closed her eyes an picked a class for me ..... well the next weekend went to the other show in a different county ...same judges as the one at wal-mart.... well while at that show i met some of the friendliest people ever i mean it was a couple a man an woman they absolutly loved montes ... it was so awesome to actually find a person at a show that loved these cars ... he is a member of the national monte carlo club an he invited me to join that an then i invited him to join us here .....but either way you go i still didnt win anything an it was basically the same cars that won the walmart show ...lol ah well .. at least i met a really cool guy that loved montes as much as me .an he actually took time to admire my car an take pics ..

Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: well heres an update

Sorry to hear your Monte wasn't good enough friends with the judges to win anything. I'm certain your car is nice enough to get an award at most any car shows.

I finda lot of car events I attend that I take my '86 LS Monte to, people tend to walk on past versus look my car over. Only a small percentage of the public will stop and look. They must be true Monte lovers & owners if they do?

Old 10-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Jen!
Nice to see ya on the boards again. We missed ya.
Sorry to hear about the judges results. I hate it when people play politics (car show politics in this case) like that.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM

Hi `Jen, don't worry about those uninformed political car show people.
To the Monte Carlo Forum
You are our WINNER
[:-]
I love your Monte

Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I don't do well in participant judging but win almost every judged show I enter in my area, judges are pretty honest where I live.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Could you send a couple of these judges to my area for some judging seminars?

Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM

yeah send them here, im still fuming that that boy with the dirty stock camaro with enuf dust on it to write a paragraph on the hood beat me in that 1 show, so yeah if u know honest judges SEND EM lol

and jen d00dette screw them they wouldnt know class if it bit them on the bootay

Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM

thanx everyone..lol i would love to see the honest judges..lol i just get downhearted when i put so much time an money in this car an then someone that has a stock vehicle wins an they have nothin done to it an dont even take the time to wipe it off during the show cause they kno automatically they are winning..shewwwwwwwww it just gets on my nerves..lol i just had to rant an rave to someone ..lol just to my good ole' forum buddies..

Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Guy I know owned a '32 Furd coupe. Bright red, Hemi with a blower and 2x4s on top. Thecoupe is pretty nice and then some.

We were at a show once and this guy shows up in a mid-60s Buick. This car had primer on both quarters. It wasn't even finished painted. And the owner was buds with the people hosting the show.
He took home "Best Of Show."

It pissed my friend with the Furd coupe off so bad he never went back to this show.