Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Greetings from the Flatlands of Kansas. Speaking of Corvettes, I only have had (1) & it was a Honduras Maroon '63 Split Window F.I. with Air. I had it in the early '80's & my Kansas personal tag said AIR -- as they were rare! LOL! Wish I had that car now. I lost it in Divorce.

-Mark.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all more rain here today. Those corvettes are really nice space. My dads friend bought a 1962 that was sitting in a chicken coop for years. After years of work and a total restoration his wife took it in the divorce. They had 3 new cars,a nice 4 wheel drive truck and a custom built house and all she wanted was the vette. After a few months of trying to drive 2 kids around in a corvette she finally wised up and took the new Lincoln.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

My dad is a corvette freak, owened every year of vette till 99 or 00 is wen he stopped buying a new one every year & now hes looking at new ones again

Old 10-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
My dad is a corvette freak, owened every year of vette till 99 or 00 is wen he stopped buying a new one every year & now hes looking at new ones again

`Mike, I think you should help your father find a used/not abused ZR-1 or maybe you should get him one for Xmas I'm sure he deserves one...I'd like to get my grandfather one 4-Sure : ) He loves `Vette's & has owned a few, then I was dropped `off at his door
================================
Hi `Mark, I bet you wish you still had your rare/popular /expensive 63 Spit Window `Vette
Maybe you will find another one on your life `journey ?
Good Luck
============
Hello `Lou, your dad's friend should have got a pre/nupt.
It had to hurt to lose so much...Expensive lesson 4-$ure!!
Wish you some good weather..'
=======================
Hi Angie, Monte's are faster when they are cleaned & waxed 4-Sure...EnJoy your highways of `Life in your Monte : )
=========================================
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening `Lou (Taz), sorry we ate Mod Matt's birthday cake...We waited for him (about 5 minutes : ) then we ate his birthday cake Mod `Matt ~> It was delicious ~> Happy Birthday!! Sorry you missed your party
===================
Hi `Keane, what type of security system is it ? I just think it's sad that owners have to invest their $'s for security to protect their Monte/Property...
==================
Hi Mod `Mike, how's the happy new engaged couple ? Did you set a wedding date ?
==================
Hi Sgt., early congrat's on your graduation + wish you a safe trip home...Good Luck
=====================
I just got `up from my recharge & checking back in to see what's happened during the MCF day. Thanks everyone for your post(s)/contributions & updates...
Time 4 me to consume some energy & get ready 4 my night shift...Wish EveryOne a Super eve ~> EnJoy 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 10-26-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Hey Space it be sweet if he would get a zr1 but outta his price range lol been lookin at base vettes

Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Hey Space it be sweet if he would get a zr1 but outta his price range lol been lookin at base vettes

LoL `Ok, then when he gets a base`Vette, U R go'in 2 have 2 do a transform ...Yes, turn it in2 a Z05 or ZR-1
I'm sure there has to be some wrecked ones out there ?
I think the ones that can afford them most likely can't handle the POWER Seriously, there's some super deals out their on Used (Like new Corvette's)...Wish your dad good luck on finding the right one 4 him Oh, does he let you use/borrow his rides ? Hope so
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening all - crappy day at work!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Lol ive been showing him used ones but who knows wat hell do & lol i wish he would let me drive it

Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Hello everybody. Happy birthday Matt. Amy I am sorry you had a crappy day at work. I hope your evening is going better. I am at work myself. Finally a slow night at the mouse house. I get to play with my Blackberry and my new I-Phone. I decided to come here. I thought by now I would have already been to labor and delivery. It has not happened yet. Today is Susans due date and other than being uncomfortable she has no labor pains. I tend to forget my life runs on BABY TIME. For those of you that don't know it means we are late for almost everything except work. The adults get ready and the baby's decide we don't want to get ready now. We may not even think about getting ready now, and if you force us, you will regret it. Baby time equal play time all the time. I'm not complaining because most of the time I can work with it.
Space I liked the Corvettes. I have never driven or owned one. My favorites are the Stingrays. The 63 split window and the 68-72 Chrome bumper cars.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

space, it was a viper alarm system.

evenin all, not in a great mood. has been another day of confusion and frustration

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, October 26, 2011