Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 7th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012 | 07:20 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not too bad of a day so far(The whining an arguing over the election on facebook is annoying).
Long week for me gotta work 6 daysBut it's just a chance to make more money.

Old 11-07-2012 | 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Good Morn'in Seattle `Mike, do you think you will get a increase of people moving to your state with your new liberal law ? Now, that's Smok'in 4-Sure (lol) Now I know why our Weatherman `Devin is moving out there ? LOL
I think the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges have more attraction for Devin then legalized pot smokin'. It's a low priority 'crime' anyway so I don't think legalizing it will make much difference...except in the way you allocate it. I think that the same sex marriage vote and a new Govenor will make more of a difference.

Old 11-07-2012 | 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning: . I'm in a very good mood this morning. mainly because it's my friday ! Glad the elections are over with. Now maybe we can have the normal adds back on TV. Two thing to do cut down some tree branchs that hang down too low. Everytime I get on the lawn tractor I have to bend way down to get under some of them. Now that their now growing and all the bugs are a sleep. Its time to trim them up a bit. Then I can burn what I cut off and sit in front of the fire with out getting bit by our state bird....A.K.A. The Mosqutio. Get a beverage and kick back and watch the fire. Aw yeah. Then got to wash the Monte some time this weekend also. Almost time to put her away for the winter. !st time they throw salt out on the streets she goes away for her winter nap. Ok I need some coffee and a donut. Ozzie was so happy to see me. I played with him for the 1st 45 mins this morning. Nothing like a dog being so happy to see you. Sort of brightins up your day to see & feel that!

Old 11-07-2012 | 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 11-07-2012 | 08:12 AM

Good Morning `Lou, yes I'm glad the political battle is over, or maybe it's just begun again between our house & senate

I know that our MCF site, or for me had numerous political ad's + everywhere I travelled on the `web...

I do pray/hope that things improve for everyone...I also hope that more people get involved in their communities & what is going on in their country...4-Sure

I've heard a lot of positive talk, now I hope we see some positive actions..
====================================
Thanks Chris & Mike for your replies...Yes `Chris working 6 days is good for extra $'s & I hope you get many

Hi `Mike, I don't understand same/sex marriage, but I believe in ~>to each their own as long as they are not hurting anyone ?
I do agree that pot should be legalized & taxed...So many are doing it illegal & I don't think they can control it...I don't know `if I would do it `if it were legal ? ? ? I tried it in my teens, but I'm to much of a health `nut to be a active smoker...Maybe on super special occassions (lol)...My posts are wild enough without it 4-Sure...I know many of our workers would do it `if they weren't surprised drug tested...From my experience, I'd rather be around people high on smoke, then drunk on booze.
I'm not a drinker or smoker...I do have a beer with pizza on special ocassions, or home made wine with a meal with my senior friends..I'm a cheap drunk (one drink & I am buzzed) LOL..

`Devin, I did not think that was your reason to move to Washington State (or was it ?) LOL ~>
===============================================
Good Morning `Rick & Mod `Mike,
you guys were postings as I was composing my crazy thoughts above ^.
I hope you both have a super new day of life...`> EnJoy....Got to run, but I'll be back after I
take care of some office work...Peace....

Last edited by Space; 11-07-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2012 | 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Morning everyone. I too am glad all the election ad's,flyers,junk mail and phone calls will stop now. Maybe 4 more years is what our current president needs to get everything done. We shall see. I think this was the most voter turn out i have ever seen. my wife and i waited over an hour last night and i have never waited over 5 minutes before

Old 11-07-2012 | 09:22 AM

Good Morning `David,
It's sad that you & many had to wait so long to be able to vote.
I voted by mail...

It may have seen like more voted this time, but the stat's say that it is lower then in 2008 ?

In FLorida they cut back on voting locations to save $', but they are still counting the votes & reports states that some people were still in line to vote at midnight...The polls closed at 7 PM, but `if you were in line you still could vote.
Thanks for checking in & I wish you a happy new day to enjoy life 4-Sure....

Below is from MSN Homepage.
Analysis: Obama wins but Washington unchanged

</HEADER><SECTION class=storyimage>Shut `up Space,
Get that alien outa here...He's a trouble maker 4-Sure.... (LoL) Did you vote 4 me `Space ? ? ?
Photo by Spencer Platt, Getty Images. IMAGE: President Barack Obama waves to supporters after his Election night victory speech at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.

<SECTION class=partnerlogo><TIME datetime="2012-11-07 08:45:00Z">6 hr ago</TIME> By Ben Feller </SECTION></SECTION><SECTION>
Voters have kept President Obama's dream alive, but if he cannot end gridlock in Washington, his second term will be reduced to veto threats, empty promises, end runs around Congress and legacy-sealing forays into foreign lands.
'The best is yet to come'

OBAMA WINS A SECOND TERM

The president defeated Mitt Romney with more than 300 electoral votes. Watch Obama's speech highlights.

Analysis: Voters blamed Bush | D.C. unchanged

Last edited by Space; 11-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2012 | 10:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good Morning everyone!!
got called in to work at 3 am this morning and just got out now!
LOL A lottttttttttttt of climbers do like to smoke that stuff! but i do not! Mike is right i want to just climb!

Weather!

Looks like the nor easter WILL clip the coast dumping some rain and quite a bit of snow!!
The tides will be fairly high and the wind will be gusting to 50-60MPH.
SO everyone effected by sandy be careful!
I would go fill my car up now

Everyone have a great day!

Old 11-07-2012 | 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
LOL A lottttttttttttt of climbers do like to smoke that stuff! but i do not! Mike is right i want to just climb!
!

Hi `Devin, yes climb those mountains to get `HIGH on `Life 4-Sure

If I were `high I couldn't even climb the steps over the dune's.
Thanks for your weather report & good advice to member's affected by the upcoming Nor-Easter..Mother Nature can be cruel 4-Sure...

I just finished my double shift & checking in b-4 my recharge.
Wish you & Member's a Super `Day ~> EnJoy & do your best to extract the most from `it...Peace/Happiness 2 `all

Last edited by Space; 11-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2012 | 11:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Snowing

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 7th 2012