Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 > Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone, got the body shop apointment and rental car set up today. Ill take red over after work. It will be sad not having her for a little while. I intend to check up on her frequently while they do the work. Its gonna cost my deductable but that's all thankfully. Its ok the hood and bumper cover needed a paint job anywyas and the side skirt could use a replacement. Hopefully I can keep my pin stripping though. Just glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
well looks like i've got to keep looking for a plow truck... the one i mentioned yesterday had a broken frame, no thanks, lol. took the morning off work so i could get some stuff done around the house but it's cold out and nothing seems to be working the way i want, oh well that's life i guess.

hope everyone's having a good day!
Hi `Ryan, Sorry things didn't work out on the first Plow, but I know you won't stop looking until you find a good one for the $'s.
I've had many days that things just don't go as planned, but I've learned to just go with the flow & keep trying/doing my best.
> Can't find `it if you keep running around in circles (LOL)
Good Luck on finding what you're looking for > EnJoy your Day 4-Sure

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Yeah i know it sounds weird
But we are used to those temps up here in the north,
50-60's in Florida can really have people running for thick coats! Their bodies aren't used to it being that "cold"!
Yes `Devin, I'm a fragile little alien that came from a planet that was close to the Sun (LOL) It is true, many of the employee's have their winter coats on today, but it's colder in the warehouses. I have a sweat shirt on & it's refreshing, but it's in the high 60's LOL
Great to see you back online > EnJoy your new day !!!

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Morning EV1
Jordy Happy Bday!
Space:
Thanks for starting the daily Blog!
It was a chipper night/day here in Michigan... It was 27 degrees at 630am...

I have a bit of running to do today... Have to drop off some things to the Salvation Army and also have to go to UPS to ship out a return item for the mrs.

Have a Great Day EV1!

Happy New Day Mod `David,
If it were 27 degree's here, I'd be freezing my jngle bells `off LOL.
I hope your words on about dropping things `off inspires or plants the seeds in the mind of our member's to give to organizations that help people in need. Thanks for donating > There are so many in need & the winter's are bad for many in need.. Please help `if you can..

Thanks everyone for checking in & keeping our forum & blog active...

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Wednesday and its a little chilly today and I love it !! Everyone be safe out there

Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Good morning everyone, got the body shop apointment and rental car set up today. Ill take red over after work. It will be sad not having her for a little while. I intend to check up on her frequently while they do the work. Its gonna cost my deductable but that's all thankfully. Its ok the hood and bumper cover needed a paint job anywyas and the side skirt could use a replacement. Hopefully I can keep my pin stripping though. Just glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Hi `David, it's great to read that you will be checking in on your Monte as they repair the damage. They should be able to replace the pin stripping as part of the damage. We will be looking forward to your updates & seeing your new repaired Super Monte
Originally Posted by Mels SS
Wednesday and its a little chilly today and I love it !! Everyone be safe out there

Thanks again `Mel for your kind words in yesterdays `Blog (I appreciate 4-Sure) I also find the chill of this cold front a refreshing
change from the high temps. Makes me crave some Hot Chili from Wendy's..and some chili fries

Wish all a happy/safe/fun Hump Day & `eve

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks `Keane for your reply & it's great that you have the day `off before you go to class.

Are you enjoying your classes this year, or are they just the required courses ? What is your favorite class ? (mine was always lunch break: ). Wish you a restful day off to do what you desire.

I desire a lunch break, but I hope to be finished or take a break soon.
Enjoy your day/life 4-Sure

p.s. Keep us undated on your new Computer Watch...(It's like a spy device 4-Real)
Im just tired of going to school really since its year round, breaks are short and far between. The watch, all depends when my phone decides to update. Sometime soon I hope, tired of having something I can't use.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Im just tired of going to school really since its year round, breaks are short and far between. The watch, all depends when my phone decides to update. Sometime soon I hope, tired of having something I can't use.

Thanks `Keane for your reply. I know that it's difficult to work full time & go to college full time. Nothing good in life seems to be E.Z. 4-Sure..., but it sure is worth the sacrifices. I wish that you could see it as I see it, but everyone is different 4-Real. You have so much going for you & you have so many more +'s then -'s.

There's millions on this planet that would trade you places in a heartbeat, but again they are not in your shoes.

I know what it is like to be tired & get frustrated when things don't go the way I expect, but I just stop & concentrate (think) about what I really have vs what I don't.. I just try to stay positive & keep doing my best to extract the most from each day that I'm given. I hope that some of my words inspires you or the readers of my words/thoughts.
I think you have an amazing future before you, but never 4get to enjoy your `Journey > Now, because that is something we all have in common is our Present > our `Now..

Attached Thumbnails Wednesday, November 13, 2013 &gt; Check In &lt;-peacespace.jpg  
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good evening everyone it snowed here yesterday not much but still snow.

I dropped off Carloss at the body shop this morning so that they can put his stripes back on the side and ground fx, I have hated having to look at him almost half naked like that, I know the other monte's around town were making fun of him seriously though it has bothered me seeing the constant reminder of the damage from something that I didn't bring upon myself, but what can you do.
Still busy at work, but lately it has been nice just going to work, as sad as that is, but there has been talk of a potential strike with the union in regards to their recent contract negotiations which has just made everyone nervous and on edge but it has been tentatively resolved which took a big weight off of everyones shoulders, so that is a good thing.

On the positive they are calling from warmer winds coming up from the south and that is always a good thing as it means warmer temps

Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

just had a huge black bear knock my garbage can over.... he's sitting in the woods with the kitchen garbage now. gonna suck cleaning that up tomorrow...

Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM
1 Year Member

The day is now winding down, I dropped red off at the body shop and now have a 2012 chevy malibu as a loaner until its fixed. I want red back though. But a free rental car is not bad for now.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
just had a huge black bear knock my garbage can over.... he's sitting in the woods with the kitchen garbage now. gonna suck cleaning that up tomorrow...
Thats why I own a 30-06 buddy.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 > Check In <