Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: > Wednesday, November 09, 2011 < Click

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone!

Supposed to be about 59 degrees today in the metro Detroit area. Tomorrow goes into the 30's.

Just thought I'd throw a picture up here. Since I work in a building that is on Windsor's riverfront, I get to see the Detroit skyline going to and from work everyday.

Here's a picture that I took last month, of GM World Headquarters. GM has put light bars at the top of each building in the complex. Plus 3 huge screens at the top of the center tower. They usually cycle through all the various logos GM owns. And the light bars are usually blue. But occasionally put other logos up there for certain occasions. Last month, they put the pink ribbon for breast cancer in the mix, and changed the light bars to pink. But they also put the logo of the Detroit sports teams on game days. Haven't seen the lions logo up there though. The fact that Ford owns the lions might have something to do with it. Not sure.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning everyone. Late again! But as soon as I got home I had to eat something and had to have my coffee. Then sat & watched the Today show. And like always I fell to sleep in my recliner till a friend of mine from The Motor City called me. So now I'm up. Funny how when people that work days call at anytime thinking your awake also. I tried to call some last night and got the brush off. ha ha ha. Ok just had to check in going to bed. I'm glad this is my last night for the week. its my fri , it's my fri...na na na na

Old 11-09-2011, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Sgt, Keane, Mod Mike, Mike, Lou, Rick, AdminTaz `Lou & member's.
Just got back from a Airport pickup & checking in b-4 I go on recharge....
I think it's Great that Taz -`Lou- is keeping his eye's on the MCF & the Detroit area ...I can't wait to see Taz light `up @ night ~> That's a super picture of Detroit & the GM Headquarters...

Wish everyone a Super Wednesday ~>Hump`Day
Play time is over 4 me Keep the Blog going & let us know what's happening in your `Life 2day ~> OK
Peace/Out

p.s. I never had a coloring book when I was young : )
I'm try'in 2 catch `up now : )

Attached Thumbnails &gt; Wednesday, November 09, 2011 &lt; Click-watching-u.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Holy crap Justin. The company I work for is doing the exact same thing. My department has like a million small parts that can't hold a barcode. But we use Vidmar (it's a brand name made by Stanley, I believe) steel cabinets. Our drawers are at least customizable with various size dividers. So we're going to have to put barcode labels on the drawer dividers and scan that.

Light bulbs are a different story. Those are on shelves like you mentioned. Not sure what they're gonna do about that.

What inventory program are you using?
It's a bit old i know!

i hope your is going smoother than ours! we have had soo many issues it's not even funny, one day none of the inventory updated, then the lot history isn't updating so in the system it is saying we have more lots then product...

not everything has barcodes so thing are getting pulled wrong becuase they have to manually enter them in the PDA and at the packing stations and not everyone is pay attention to the product,

we have 3 packing stations randomly the invoices and ups labels will stop printing or they will print at a different station,

I have run into a few issue that are hindering me to do my job,

recieving... they can't do thier job becuase half the stuff doesn't have a barcode and even if it does it doesn't scan

O it's been fun!

We use AS400

Old 11-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
I tried to call some last night and got the brush off. ha ha ha. Ok just had to check in going to bed. I'm glad this is my last night for the week. its my fri , it's my fri...na na na na

Rick, you have to remember it works both ways. Sometimes people call me from their night jobs and don't realize that since it's 4:00 a.m. I'm pretty sleepy and less than coherent. That doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them.

I got my winter floor mats and new steering wheel cover yesterday - I'll post pictures soon. Thanks guys for all the ideas! My Monte's interior is now all black and red.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM

I am sitting at home, i had a allergic reaction (which i never get) and my eyes are all swollen and itchy, my neck as well i am not having a good week so far. Hope everyone has a better day then me

Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey all, sitting here at school locked out of my car. Been ttrying to break in for nearly 2 hours. Spare key is a long way away. Tried everything and i can't get in. Highly poed obviously....

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Keane IF i was there I would help you and be in quick. I did an newer impala the other day for 2 girls that just moved into town from 2 hours away.

Taz i noticed that changing logo in Tadcasters Tiger game pics and was wondering about it.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 11-09-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Mornin guys. Just got home from work a little bit ago. Chatted with some of the guys after work for a while before I left. Got home and put my .02 in on a discussion on GPONA about airbags. Apparently there's a recall on the G8s regarding the airbag. I don't care for them in general. When I had my wreck, I got a concussion from the airbag and it deployed exactly as designed. And they had already lessened the power of the airbags from the factory by the time the GTP was built. So to be honest, I'm scared to death of having another airbag deploy on me because once you've had one head injury, the effects of additional ones are very unpredictable and usually are worse than the previous ones. Sometimes I hate knowing as much as I do about medical type stuff....
I don't like air bags either. The government web site proudly claims that they have save around 1500 lives but they don't disclose how many injuries and deaths they have caused. I hate that they are shoved down our throats. I have four cars that have air bags. A 90 Toyota Supra, a 95 Chrysler Town & Country, an 02 Chrysler PT Cruiser, and an 06 Chrysler Town & Country. I have disconnected the air bags in the Supra and the 95 T&C. I will unhook them in the Cruiser when I start running it again. Susan won't let me unhook them in the 06. They are fairly easy to disable. In all my cars there is one main controller for all the airbags. Unfortunately it isn't as easy as pulling a fuse. On my 95 the air bag module is in the same circuit as the fuel pump. I disconnected the battery for five minutes and the disconnected the main airbag module. This disables the whole system and the idiot light on the dash didn't even come on which was a bonus because I thought I would have to take the cluster apart to remove the bulb. I am sure the system is similar in GM cars.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Hey all, sitting here at school locked out of my car. Been ttrying to break in for nearly 2 hours. Spare key is a long way away. Tried everything and i can't get in. Highly poed obviously....
Originally Posted by lougreen03
Keane IF i was there I would help you and be in quick. I did an newer impala the other day for 2 girls that just moved into town from 2 hours away.
i cant count how many times i have done this for co workers

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 11-09-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: > Wednesday, November 09, 2011 < Click