Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 < Click & Post <

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM

Mornin guys. I gotta go get the brake shop to fix their screwup so I'll be leaving again in a couple minutes. I'm still pissed and I figured out they screwed up 12 hours ago. After they fix this, I will never let anybody touch my brakes again, even though that means I'll be driving to Redstone Arsenal (2 hours away) just to do work on my brakes. Anyway, hope y'all have a good day.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM

Well we got it back apart and it was brake fluid residue from where the wheel cylinder was leaking. I was civil about it so I don't feel like an idiot lol. But I still intend on doing the rest of my brake stuff myself when I have the money for parts.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Good morning all..

Taking an online IT class from home today through Friday. Online seems to be the direction a lot of IT classes are going. Works for me...

Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone! The rain has cleared out, and the rest of the week looks like it will be less humid and sunny... sounds like perfect moving weather!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 AM

Well I think I have an answer with regards to how the emissions testing will be done if I swap an OBDII engine into my 93 Burb. This would also apply to my planned 3800 RWD builds for the future too. If they do the OBD test by hooking up to the diagnostic port (which is the answer I seem to have found), that will simplify things for me.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Everyone: Looks like a limited Sun shine day is in store for me today. Heavy rain & Thunder headed my way from the southwest. Looks like most of my day will be spent inside. Woke up to my neighbors work. What I mean is she runs a day care from her home. And some of the kids know me and always talk to me when I'm out cutting the grass. So this morning I here hey Rick out side my bedroom window. Her son Branden most of the time ACTS real shy. But when he's out with his little girl friend Shopie he's a little rascal. He's 4 she's 5. Get this a cop pulled him over early this spring for ridin his 4 wheeler on the side walk lol. At 4 yrs old he's a little crazy on it & his little motorcycle. The kids is fearless on those. But the cop put the brakes on that. So they were on the fence this morning yelling my name at 7:15. I didn't answer and they stopped If I did answer I was scared they would do it every day. ....Ok coffee & shower. Later .......................

Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Morning Everyone,

Nice ride to work this morning (except for the rude drive of the bright red Firebird who stomped on the gas to prevent me from changing lanes to get around a slow moving truck going up the mountain).

Stuck in front of my computer for 6-hours of Corporate training today. Ugh...

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Mornin guys. I gotta go get the brake shop to fix their screwup so I'll be leaving again in a couple minutes. I'm still pissed and I figured out they screwed up 12 hours ago. After they fix this, I will never let anybody touch my brakes again, even though that means I'll be driving to Redstone Arsenal (2 hours away) just to do work on my brakes. Anyway, hope y'all have a good day.
Drew - If you need a second set of hands, drop me a note beforehand and I'll come help if I can.

Happy Hump Day.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. The temp has dropped a bit here the last 2 days. It has been in the 70s with a nice breeze. Its been nice working outside in it.

Keane it seems like you are a lot happier in your new position.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=lougreen03;467154]Morning all. The temp has dropped a bit here the last 2 days. It has been in the 70s with a nice breeze. Its been nice working outside in it.

Lou: It was 48 yesterday morning here at around 7:30 am. I had to walk back from the bodyshop about 3 miles. My hands were really cold while trying to text. Walking & & texting is cool...Then again this morning got up to temps in the lower 50's. More coming your way. By the weekend HOT & Humid again here...

Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone! hope your day is going well!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 < Click & Post <